Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 21 of 170
I know people who love Guadamala. Of course, Spanish is a second language of theirs, it’s a great stretch to their retirement dollars to live there. They have dual citizenship.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 170

If you are struggling with this decision, read

Where Shall I Live When I retire, by Carol A. KIng. Available through Amazon's Kindle store now; paperback coming shortly. 

cover image.jpg

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 170
Near my children in California, but to expensive & state doesn’t have as many “over 50 communities.” Any ideas?
Info Seeker

Message 24 of 170

Montana

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 170
Where??
Info Seeker

Message 26 of 170
Hope you've got a ton of money. Housing prices are astronomical. Don't forget hurricanes as well.
Info Seeker

Message 27 of 170

Hilton Head Island, SC

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 170
Asheville (Flat Rock) North Carolina
Info Seeker

Message 29 of 170

We, lived in Exeter, NH many years ago and loved it. I know it's changed, because we visit when we come back east, but it's more artsy and creative, it seems. What used to be hardware stores, are now art galleries. 

There are beautiful hikes, from gentle walks through the woods with benches along the way to sit and rest, to some that are not for the faint of heart, and everything in between. Autumn is spectacular....second week in October. 

Keep in mind that all of NH is above the snow line. We've had out of town guests who had to stay an extra week because it ended up snowing every other day and they couldn't get out. 

Enjoy...and build a snow person for me, please!

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 170

"I need a good Protestant woman to join me SOON-ER !!!

Wh of you ladies will join me in these plans/move?"

I was gonna suggest Melania or Ivanka since you seem like a fan of their hubby/daddy.  But they're not protestant.  Good luck finding someone who can tolerate your intolerance!

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors