Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 1 of 358

I want to summer in Newland NC and winter in Melbourne, FL .

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 358

Where in the Bahamas?  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you Teret

Message 3 of 358

Texas Hill Country

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 358

I want to live in either Florida or the Bahamas 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 358

I've been moving approximately every 10 years of my life and have lived in New York, North Carolina and Florida and have enjoyed each state. My retirement search has been closing in on North Carolina for its mild winters, easy travel to the mountains and beaches, along with its the low cost of living. 

Jeff Nicklaw
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 358

Beautiful Palisade, CO.  Out of Denver and up to the quiet.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 358

Kudos to you!  I agree that International Living online site is a great source for finding beauty and economical living.  That is how I started my search, 6 years ago, for ocean-front living in a Mediterranean or dry climate in Spain, Greece, and Mexico.  I decided on North Baja Mexico and purchased 3 years ago, choosing Rosartio Beach, Baja.  I love it here in my ocean front condominum!  Travel is 35 minutes to Southern California. Permanent Mexican residency was easy and fast.
My neighbors are Canadians, various western Europeans, those from the USA- mostly middle-class and upper-middle class retirees and military retirees, plus Australians, a few South Americans, and middle-class Mexican Nationals. Neighbors include a famous Silicon-Vallet high-tech entrepreneur, a retired USA military doctor, an Australian couple, a French restaurant owner, a Mexican restaurant owner and a Mexican engineer.
I now am selling my condo home in La Jolla Real gated community and buying one in the development next door-- both units are built by one of the most respected Mexican developers who uses USA building standards.  My ocean view is 180 degrees.  Below are some photos:West view my balcony to Coronado Isl.West view my balcony to Coronado Isl.Part of living area to oceanPart of living area to oceanOcean view from kitchenOcean view from kitchenMy kitchenMy kitchenMain bedroom-bath suite ocean-frontMain bedroom-bath suite ocean-frontView Southeast from my balconyView Southeast from my balcony

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 358

May I suggest that you check out Rosarito Beach and Ensenada in Baja California, Mexico and all the beautiful homes, villas, and condominiums there-- many built to USA standards. Two such gated communities are La Jolla Real and La Jolla Excellence-- both ocean front. Mexico is a perfect location for those who want ocean, good weather, great food, friendly people (many of whom speak English).  Mexico offers me diverse locales and climates, friendly supportive community, and a driving proximity to the USA in under 2 hours for shopping or medical care.
In doing my research, I found that over one million USA and Canadians retire here. To find out your best choice, may I also suggest that you read online publications from Live and Invest Overseas and International Living-- two organizations that I ustilized to make my decision. Live and Invest Overseas chose Mexico (in year 2017/2018) as their top international retirement pick. They even put out a publication about their choice. I have lived here for three years and still enjoy my daily life!
I love living and owning here in Baja!  A 30 minute drive takes me to the USA when I want. My neighbors are interesting and caring people! The activities are numerous and if one wants to fly, it is easy from Tijuana International or San Diego International to anywhere globally.  Even Alaska Airlines has entered this part of the North American flight market.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 358

I chose Florida and Baja Mexico, and I couldn't be more pleased with my choices!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 358

We're leaving Phoenix due to population explosion and moving outside of Prescott.  We bought 16 acres a few years ago and are having a home built next Spring.  We plan on reducing overhead as much as possible with solar/generator power and digging a well.  Selling the house in Phoenix should give us enough to pay for the house with a small mortgage for tax purposes.  It's a major paradigm shift for us as we are both city people but we'll adjust.  I can't wait to garden, plant fruit trees, and have lots of animals. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors