Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 1 of 337

Charlotte NC

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 337

Salinas, Ecuador!  We have been doing a LOT of research for 9 years now, and plan on retiring there 5-6 years from now.  Can hardly wait!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 337

@TinaL212109 wrote:

I want to live in the mountains close to a flowing stream with pine trees all around.  I want a big property, at least 5 acres.  I want to have chickens and goats , lots of animals. and my dogs . A log cabin big enough  for my family  to come and stay whenever  they want. I want a garden .  Not mountains with snow most of the year, southwest areas  with snow just a couple  months during the year.  

This would be my fantasy retirement. To me this sounds like a delightful way to spend the next 40 years. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 337
I would love to be near a beach. But Michigan is my home, so I will retire here, and vacation at the beaches in Florida.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 337

Although everyone I love lives here in upstate NY ,I'd love somewhere warm and dry.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 337

I will probably retire in 2020-2021 and intend to live between Colombia and central Florida. Part of the advantages of living in Colombia (my wife's home country) is that the cost of living is much less than the US and so is health insurance. We own a home in both countries so that helps a lot although rent in Colombia is very reasonable in most parts of the country. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 337

Iron Mountain, MI

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 337

I want to live in the mountains close to a flowing stream with pine trees all around.  I want a big property, at least 5 acres.  I want to have chickens and goats , lots of animals. and my dogs . A log cabin big enough  for my family  to come and stay whenever  they want. I want a garden .  Not mountains with snow most of the year, southwest areas  with snow just a couple  months during the year.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 337

Sedona, Arizona

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 337
  1. No sure yet but will have family where ever I go. 
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors