Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: How long do you want live? 80, 90, 100?

Message 11 of 208

I am 84.  I have had 3 heart attacks and lung cancer.  I have COPD.  I try to walk between 2 and 5 miles a day outdoors in good weather, on treadmill in bad.  My mom died at 95.  My great grandmother at 97.  I'm aiming for 100.  But only if I am still in pretty good health, mentally and physically.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 12 of 208

I am already 82 and I walk a couple miles out in the Country where I can get my heart rate up.

I walk my Dog and when I am not walking I am gardening.  My Mother lived to 92.  I only want to live as long as I am Healthy and so far I don't take any medications of any kind. I have a Centrum  Tablet once a day and 2 times a day I eat a Calcium Tablet.  I broke my hip a couple of years ago.  I was in the hospital for 3 days. A Nursing home for 3 days and then I had Physical Therapy for a few weeks and I have not slowed down since then.  I get a Prolia shot twice a year.  Staying active is the way to go. I can be out in the Country walking after 7 and 1/2 mile drive. Nobody around. I have to get up early and have breakfast and then go walking.  I weigh probably 121 lbs. I know I am lucky.  I don't do much shopping at the Grocery Store and I hate these masks.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 208

with good health, good genes, healthy life style and excellent medical care I’m confident that I can live till 100 (67 now).  I understand after 100, each additional year is almost a geometric challenge therefore 105 is my stretched goal.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 14 of 208

I'll try for 95.  I just published my fourth book on Amazon and Kindle at 92 and I've got two more to write.  It took about a year to write "There's Nothing I Can't Do - Fred's Story" so I hope to do a book a year.  As grandma used to say, "God willing and the crick don't rise." https://amzn.to/3cDKDHt 

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 15 of 208

245 at least !!!!

Highlighted

Message 16 of 208

I don't want to live past 89.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 17 of 208

It is my intention to live to 100, since I am now 93, and will be 94 June 26 of this year. I am in good shape physically, continue to exercise daily, walk without a cane or other assistance. Very slight arthritis in each thumb and some in toes. My mind is clear, occasionally forgetting a celebrities name, a common thing in my residence in a leisure care facility. I still drive a car and have eyesight to have a drivers license with no restrictions. I write on my "travels blog" on my computer nearly each day and read non-fiction mostly on "quantum" science, aging, psychology and others. Good, nutricious food, staying relatively stress free through meditation, naps, and other activities keep me healthy and happy. Experiencing the death of two wives, the last six years ago, but meeting a new significan other at our mutual residence is really great for older people. Perhaps living to 100 is a restricted goal! I hope so.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 18 of 208

As long as possible. I'll shoot for 100 years of age or older.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 19 of 208

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 20 of 208

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask? Check out the Health Tips forum today