Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How long do you want live? 80, 90, 100?

Community Manager
Community Manager

How long do you want live? 80, 90, 100?

Do you have a number in mind? Do you want to live to be 80, 90 or 100? How about 115 or 120?

Do you think it matters what your expectations are? I do. I think if you expect to live a long healthy life, your chances of doing so are greater.

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Hi NB78488063

Sending one of those hearts right back to you.  ๐Ÿ’•    

Walked only1.5 miles yesterday but it is getting hot here.  And when one reaches 92, I do better in cooler weather.  Hope you found one of my books.  If not they are on  http://amzn.to/2Kd6d9u       Mariamโ€™s page

hugs to all those who are planning on living longer lively years, Mariam

Periodic Contributor

As long as I'm truly healthy and I'm not quite back on that path again. Chronic diseases are not good, especially rare ones. As my father says, "Getting old isn't for sissies."
Contributor

with good health, good genes, healthy life style and excellent medical care Iโ€™m confident that I can live till 100 (67 now).  I understand after 100, each additional year is almost a geometric challenge therefore 105 is my stretched goal.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

I'll try for 95.  I just published my fourth book on Amazon and Kindle at 92 and I've got two more to write.  It took about a year to write "There's Nothing I Can't Do - Fred's Story" so I hope to do a book a year.  As grandma used to say, "God willing and the crick don't rise." https://amzn.to/3cDKDHt 

Periodic Contributor

245 at least !!!!

I don't want to live past 89.

Periodic Contributor

Why 89?

Kudos
Views
Contributor

It is my intention to live to 100, since I am now 93, and will be 94 June 26 of this year. I am in good shape physically, continue to exercise daily, walk without a cane or other assistance. Very slight arthritis in each thumb and some in toes. My mind is clear, occasionally forgetting a celebrities name, a common thing in my residence in a leisure care facility. I still drive a car and have eyesight to have a drivers license with no restrictions. I write on my "travels blog" on my computer nearly each day and read non-fiction mostly on "quantum" science, aging, psychology and others. Good, nutricious food, staying relatively stress free through meditation, naps, and other activities keep me healthy and happy. Experiencing the death of two wives, the last six years ago, but meeting a new significan other at our mutual residence is really great for older people. Perhaps living to 100 is a restricted goal! I hope so.

Contributor

As long as possible. I'll shoot for 100 years of age or older.

Contributor

Contributor

Contributor

100+!!!!!...If not suffering...God Willing!!!!!

Contributor

80. So I am entering what may be my final decade. I intend to speed up the bucket list because if I don't get it done this decade, chances are that mountain view will remain a "wish I had done that".

Contributor

Attitude matters... A positive attitude can lengthen your life.

Contributor

90 seems like a good comporomise between the wonder of discovery and the boredom with life's  adventures. I only hope that GOD provides me with all my conscious faculties when I go, because it's tragic when you can't use your senses or if you lose your functional mobility before you die.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I want to live until my ear lobes are as big as Kirk Douglas's.

Periodic Contributor

I've found that we live with the expectations we "grow" within through life experiences.    I plan to live to be 100.. so I seek information that will provide all the possibilities to get there "upright" , healthy and bold.!!  that means read about those that have accomplished that age and still growing.. get in sync with reality of growing older and be willing to work harder instead of putting life on cruise control.. "cuz we can!"..

I recently obtained my certification as a fitness trainer for Seniors.  I am 75 and have become so frustrated with older women who fight to convince me that "they are doing everything right!"... they are no longer curious, and avoid change.  I see so many who have become reliant on the attitude of their "grown children".. who have no clue what it means to live life through our eyes.  I see so many that only feel worthwhile when being the sitter for grand children. Yet little do they know that once all retreat to their own personal lives..... You are left with that face in the mirror..so you continue to be the "helper" to feel connected.. and be willing to live "disconnected" during the other hours of your life.. "it's never to late to learn how to do life better!'' ..You can chart a new course.. you can clean up your clutter, hit the reset on your health..Stop living your misery.. "life begins at the end of your comfort zone!!..make a decision to step into the new year.."off with the old" on with the new!! 

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm not so much concerned with how long I live as I am with how well I am able to live while I am alive.                          

This is the most inspiring post I have seen! These are my sentiments expressed so well! Thank you โค๏ธ

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Virginia L. Rhodes, Ed.D., a.k.a. Ginger to friends
Contributor

Until the GOOD TIMES stop rolling ........

Contributor

As long as I feel good, I want to live on and on....  THAT was an AMAZING video, and so important for everyone to understand......  Thank You!

Periodic Contributor

Personally, I want to live as long as I have most of my health! once I'm unable to walk, see, or my mind starts going, I don't want to be around for all that much longer, but lets hope thats close to 100! Smiley LOL

Contributor

I have Parkinson's and I am 70, as long as disease is under control I would love to live to 100. If my disease gets bad 80.

Contributor

I would like to live to age 100 and beyond as long as I am healthy. My father lived to age 99 with good heatlh so I am encouraged that it is possible for me.

Hi All,

I had a paternal great uncle who lived to be 106.  So long as my health is good and I can be active and productive, I'd like to try to beat that record.  Currently I'm a professional faculty member at a health sciences university, teaching religion classes (I retired in 2000 after 36 years of pastoring, then "retreaded" 3  1/2 years later).  This experience (for the past almost 16 years) has been one of the major joys of my life.

Find something to do that you enjoy, then do it!  

Blessings!

Mike

I'm 83 and I don't want to go before my cat.  If I go first then my cat won't have anyone to take care of her. 

Periodic Contributor

It is not a number when I want to die or how long I want to live.  My son passed from a blockage to the brain stem when he was 40.  It was sad for a mother to lose a child but this was my only child. His age was too young but he lived life to the fullest.  I want to do like my son and touch others as he did. I also hope to go fast as he did.  My husband lost his first wife after many years and I do not want him to have to take care of me.  He has been there and did that.  We have no choice how old we will be only God knows

I want to live as long as I can live healthy and not be a burden to my family.  I want to learn from others & teach others what Iโ€™ve learned.  

The number of years doesnโ€™t matter.

Mary

Contributor

As long as I'm still working out I don't care or if our Lord comes I'm so ready at any age. I just want to be healthy and comfortable at whatever age I live to

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP