Community Manager
Community Manager

How long do you want live? 80, 90, 100?

Do you have a number in mind? Do you want to live to be 80, 90 or 100? How about 115 or 120?

Do you think it matters what your expectations are? I do. I think if you expect to live a long healthy life, your chances of doing so are greater.

AARPTeri
Contributor

Until the GOOD TIMES stop rolling ........

0 Kudos
Contributor

As long as I feel good, I want to live on and on....  THAT was an AMAZING video, and so important for everyone to understand......  Thank You!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Personally, I want to live as long as I have most of my health! once I'm unable to walk, see, or my mind starts going, I don't want to be around for all that much longer, but lets hope thats close to 100! Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have Parkinson's and I am 70, as long as disease is under control I would love to live to 100. If my disease gets bad 80.

I would like to live to age 100 and beyond as long as I am healthy. My father lived to age 99 with good heatlh so I am encouraged that it is possible for me.

Hi All,

I had a paternal great uncle who lived to be 106.  So long as my health is good and I can be active and productive, I'd like to try to beat that record.  Currently I'm a professional faculty member at a health sciences university, teaching religion classes (I retired in 2000 after 36 years of pastoring, then "retreaded" 3  1/2 years later).  This experience (for the past almost 16 years) has been one of the major joys of my life.

Find something to do that you enjoy, then do it!  

Blessings!

Mike

I'm 83 and I don't want to go before my cat.  If I go first then my cat won't have anyone to take care of her. 

Periodic Contributor

It is not a number when I want to die or how long I want to live.  My son passed from a blockage to the brain stem when he was 40.  It was sad for a mother to lose a child but this was my only child. His age was too young but he lived life to the fullest.  I want to do like my son and touch others as he did. I also hope to go fast as he did.  My husband lost his first wife after many years and I do not want him to have to take care of me.  He has been there and did that.  We have no choice how old we will be only God knows

I want to live as long as I can live healthy and not be a burden to my family.  I want to learn from others & teach others what I’ve learned.  

The number of years doesn’t matter.

Mary

Contributor

As long as I'm still working out I don't care or if our Lord comes I'm so ready at any age. I just want to be healthy and comfortable at whatever age I live to

Periodic Contributor

I plan...on my 100th birthday party, my senior citizen children will be at my party.  I will stand up on my own two feet, and I will blow out the candles on my wonderful cheesecake with fresh strawberries on top!

Periodic Contributor

As long as can be relevant and have decent mind and body; I have family who,lived over 100 years...

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

As long as I am needed and have decent health...I’m 70; have family who have lived beyond 100...

Trusted Contributor

I want to make a difference, no matter how small. Maybe it's loving and raising kids and grandkids, or loving more deeply, or helping others. I don't choose when I go. But I can choose to be HEALTHY when I go.
I take supplements, eat well, avoid toxic things as much as I can (nearly impossible) , and I try to give all my cares to God and count on His grace.
It's all in His hands. I'm going to live to the fullest.
Contributor

I want to live to 2525 & Beyond. I'll be 569 yrs. old. & Still great Looking.

Periodic Contributor

I'll only be 585 in 2525.

0 Kudos
Contributor

And I'll be 569 yrs. Old!

Periodic Contributor

As as I am mentally and physically fit to live...of course we all desire 100 or more when possible...best to everyone!

Contributor

I want to live as long as my family needs me. I lost my wife this year, but I have five children and eight grandchildren who often need my help. I guess you could say as long as I am relevant .

Super Contributor

How long do I want to live?  As long as my cat will have me, I guess.  He found me at the shelter and never lets me forget it.

Periodic Contributor

No reason to not believe in 100...stem cells, walking everyday and plant based...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

One hundred  !

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Nchalah 90 old

0 Kudos
Contributor

Contributor

Contributor

I'm 77 now, and as far as I know, the oldest in our clan of the past several decades.  I do feel mentally alert . I am a writer.  I think writing is the thing that keeps me alert actually, and I'd like to feel that I will have at least another couple of decades to keep at it. I've kept journals for years, but have now moved on to full-scale memoirs which give me an enormous sense of having something worthwhile to do.  I think that's important for any person, whatever your age, but especially as you move up into the "senior" years.  Make sure you have something you absolutely love to do, and then share that with your family and trusted friends.  It's definitely something to live for!

Contributor

Both of my parents died in their 80's: 86 and 87.  In both cases, their last couple of years were marked with a sharp decline in health.  In fact, both died the night before they would of moved from assisted living to the nursing home section of the retirement community where they lived.  I would not be happy, i don't think, living unable to dress myself, being incontinent, needing ehlp with many ADL's.  I'm 69 now and still very active and trying new activites.  So, do I want to live to 90?  Yes, if I can still do most activities of daily living on my own and participate in community, learning activites,  But not if I'm in a nursing home having everything done for me,

I intend to live to 108.  Thought it had a nice ring to it.  Told my son that I was going to live to 108 and he said, "That's the plan!"

Periodic Contributor

Hi 108? WOW... What would be your plan at 108? Or should I say "What plan does your son have in mine"? If 108 "Rings" for you.. then let it "Ring"...
ANTONETTE LOUISE KEMPLEN
0 Kudos

I wouldn’t mind reaching the 100 mark, providing I was healthy enough to enjoy it. I really love this world God created, it’s beauty and mystery, it’s people, but, to at last see the face of God, well, that’s something too.