Highlighted

Re: How long do you want live? 80, 90, 100?

Message 1 of 208

I want to live as long as I'm in my right mind and can function independently physically and die in my sleep before I run out of funds.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 208

I am 61 years old and have given my boss my notice that i will be quitting and retiring in 5-6 years.  I think this will give me some fun retired years ahead to enjoy my life and family and travel.  That being said, I probably want to live until the age of between  85-90.  I'm hoping that this will allow me to live long enough to see my daughter become a grandma and me a great grandma and enjoy all the fun times in between.  I love my life and I feel so lucky!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 3 of 208

Hi NB78488063

Sending one of those hearts right back to you.  💕    

Walked only1.5 miles yesterday but it is getting hot here.  And when one reaches 92, I do better in cooler weather.  Hope you found one of my books.  If not they are on  http://amzn.to/2Kd6d9u       Mariam’s page

hugs to all those who are planning on living longer lively years, Mariam

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 4 of 208

I am 85 already and still feel like a much younger person! My family were all long survivors.  Aunt was 105 and lived in upstairs apartment with no elevator and played cards until 103 when all her friends passed.

I would like to keep living as long as I am Lucid!

I enjoy grand kids and great grand kids so much !

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 5 of 208

A couple years ago, I had a follow-up visit with the electrocardiologist who helped train the doctor who provided my cardiac ablation. Later, the electrocardiologist helped place my stents and on an even later occasion, provided my pulmonary ablation.
For the stent placement, he had said in a previous visit that they had saved my life because of the extent of blockages in two of my arteries - 89 and 95 percent, respectively.

In the final visit, he mentioned on his way out that they had added 25 years to my life.

I said, "Well, if we take a couple years off my Dad's age when he died [100] and add the 25 years to it, that will be 123. That's not bad!"

I'm with most the others whose posts I've read in response to this question. I don't care how long I live, so long as I can live in good health. I want to slip away painlessly and peacefully in my sleep in the wee hours of the morning of the day on which I would have developed my first major problem.

Stay well and enjoy!

-Lynn

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 6 of 208
As long as I'm truly healthy and I'm not quite back on that path again. Chronic diseases are not good, especially rare ones. As my father says, "Getting old isn't for sissies."
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 208

I loved your post. I, too, want to see the good that will come from this time in our history. People need to be respected, regardless of color, religious beliefs, and nationality. I will look,up your books now, young lady; I’m sure they’ll be awesome.❤️

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 208

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 208

Why 89?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 10 of 208

I'll be 93 in August.  My walk this morning in my backyard, also known as  downtown Phoenix, consisted of 7,387 steps which is 3.1 miles.  This was longer than planned because I wanted to see the results of the disturbances we have been having.  I took pictures of broken glass replaced by wood in windows.  But I couldn't find any bon fire remnants or bodies laying around.  Yesterday our black woman police chief marched with the protestors. 

I'd like to stay around to see the good results that will come from this past week of protests around the country. 

And I would like to finish writing my fifth book and get it published on Amazon and Kindle.  Maybe I should stick around until I'm 95.  I'll let you know.  Mariam Cheshire

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask? Check out the Health Tips forum today