AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Funny Stories and Life Experiences

Message 21 of 184

Funny-Short-Stories-Hilarious-110 (1).jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 184

After a Hiker Injured Her Knee, Strangers Took Turns Carrying Her Down the Mountain to Safety

by Andy Simmons

She landed on her left leg and then heard a snap.

Colorado’s grays peak rises 14,278 feet above sea level, high enough that trees can’t grow toward the top, though there are plenty of shrubs, rocks, and boulders. It was in this unforgiving terrain that Bev Wedelstedt was unlucky enough to rupture the anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in her left knee.

It was August 2018, and ­Wedelstedt, 56, was on her way back down the trail with three friends. A storm was brewing, and they were anxious to get off the mountain. When they ­approached a rocky drop of a couple of feet, Wedel­stedt decided that instead of shimmying down on her butt—the safe way to go—she would leap. She landed on her left leg.

Then she heard the snap.

Every step after that was agony. Before long, she had to stop. As one friend ran down to get help, a number of other hikers, all strangers, attempted to help Wedelstedt down the narrow trail by walking on either side of her to support her weight, but that proved slow and dangerous. One man “was so close to the ledge I could see rocks tumbling down from where he stepped on them,” Wedelstedt says.

Finally, one hiker, Matt, asked her, “How do you feel about a fireman’s carry?” Before she knew it, he had lifted her over his shoulder. “Now, I’m not tiny,” says Wedelstedt, a former college basketball star. Matt clearly couldn’t carry her all the way down by himself. So six hikers and one of her friends took turns carrying her while she tried to make light of a difficult situation: “I told them I wanted to meet a lot of guys, but this isn’t the way I wanted to do it.” Three hours and two rock-strewn miles later, this human conveyor belt finally met the medics, who took Wedelstedt to the hospital.

She has mostly recovered from her ill-fated hike, but Wedelstedt knows she’ll never shake one thing from that day: the memory of the band of strangers who came to her rescue. “I’m still in awe.”

This article was published in Reader's Digest

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 184

Pardon me.  But I just find this morbidly amusing!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 184

71574216_2469030993187021_2016587471613067264_n.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 184

71828252_1690642091070152_8303003988916174848_n.png.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 184

Dear Dave,

Image result for THANK YOU!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 184

Facing the passing of a loved one!

49079294_324134554883507_5714172512351289344_o.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 184

The Potato Peeler:

Sean was leaning against the counter in a Dublin bar enjoying a pint of Guinness when in walked his old friend Paddy looking decidedly glum.

What’s the matter with you Patrick?” said Sean. “You’ve got a face on you like a wet weekend.

Oh, Sean,” he said. “I’ve just been fired from my job in the Fish & Chip shop.

You’ve been fired? Now why would they do that to you Patrick? What did you do that was so bad?” Sean enquired.

Oh, I got caught putting my **bleep** in the potato peeler.” Paddy responded.

Oh, Paddy that’s terrible. What happened to the potato peeler?” Sean naturally enquired.

Oh she’s been fired too.” Said Paddy looking a little sheepish.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 184

It's a military thing! When I see a Veteran or active duty person I will go over and thank a Brother or Sister for their service. 

69539572_10211956120533360_5756682350595407872_n.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 184

A married couple in their early 60s were out celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table and said, “For being such an exemplary married couple and for being faithful to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.”

“Ooh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband,” said the wife. The fairy moved her magic wand and – abracadabra! – two tickets for the new QM2 luxury liner appeared in her hands.

Now it was the husband’s turn. He thought for a moment and said: “Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this only occurs once in a lifetime, so, I’m sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me”.

The wife and the fairy were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish…

So the fairy made a circle with her magic wand and "abracadabra!"-- the husband was 92 years old.

The moral of this story: Men are ungrateful idiots, Fairies are female!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22