Super Contributor

AARP ASKING FOR OUR PHONE NUMBER WHEN SIGNING IN

WHY IS AARP ASKING FOR OUR PHONE NUMBER WHEN WE SIGN IN? I HAVE BEEN AN AARP MEMBER FOR MANY YEARS NOW AND NEVER ASKED TO GIVE MY PHONE NUMBER WHICH I DID NOT GIVE. 

0 Kudos

I just click the "not now" at the bottom

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@r447879w  AARP.org and AARP Rewards utilize multi-factor authentication to protect your online account and it went into effect in December/2019. The prompt appears when you first sign up for AARP Rewards, or attempt to make any changes to your aarp.org account. You can choose to bypass this feature at this time, but eventually you will be required to complete this verification. Please use Google Chrome to complete the verification process. You will be prompted to verify your identity by receiving a six digit code by text or automated phone call. You may use a landline OR a cell phone and this phone number is saved for future authentication requests. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png