Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Re: Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

Message 1 of 106

@ph8624 I'm checking in on your case. 

@cindyk565309 I've edited your post to remove your email address to protect your personal information. You can connect your fitness tracker to your AARP Rewards account -- at this time, there isn't the option to purchase a fitness tracker in the AARP Rewards catalog.

AARP Community Manager
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 106

I ws told by a representative that I would receive a fitness tracker.  He told me to go to this website and I would beable to order.  I see nowhere on how to order or recieve the fit bit.  I would like to know how I can get this?

e mail is cindal50@msn.com

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 106

What I finally did to get my Fitbit steps to track on AARP Rewards was to go back to the AARP page, remove the tracker, then again Add a Tracker on that page. Make sure the following three attributes are enabled: "Profile", "Activity and Exercise", and "Fitbit Devices and Settings". These attributes are only visible once after you have moved past the fitbit login page and on to fitbit AARP Rewards configuration page.

There are eight separate attributes to choose from, or you can simply “Allow All”. I preferred not to share unnecessary information (e.g. sleep and weight), so I selected only the ones that looked important for reporting step counts.

I use the desktop (web browser), not the App version of their software, so I don't know if AARP configuration steps are similar in the App.

Hope that helps.

-Steve

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 106

After everything else failed, I tried one more time.  I disconnected the Fitbit from my AARP account and when I reconnected I checked all the options of what I wanted tracked.  Prior to that I had not.  It seems to be tracking fine now.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 106

Unfortunately my apple watch quit getting exercise and steps rewards points in mid December and despite 3 calls to the rewards helpline I still am not getting my points automatically. All my devices ( iMac, phone and iPad claim I am synced and my Apple Health app indicates it allows sharing data with AARP.   Despite unsyncing then resyncing my watch as well as unistalling and reinstalling AARP app on phonne and tablet nothing is working.  A case file has been created to correct the problem by AARP rewards help person and I was told someone would get back to me in 3-5 days. That was 7 days ago. Very frustrating. My apple watch correctly syncs and shares data with my Lose it app which leads me to believe the problem is with the AARP app. The fact that fitbit users arehaving the same issues confirms my belief that the problem is the AARP app and their tech support team. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 106

Hello, you seem to be on the ball with what is causing our Fitbits not to track properly with AARP Rewards.  I have tried everything I have been asked to do and it is still not working.  Would you be able to give any other suggestions or help?

thanks,

Ed

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 106

Thanks for taking the time to let me know I am not the only one having trouble getting my device to sync. Still can't get AARP to credit me for daily bicycling>5 miles and 10,000 steps. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 106

I saw this issue too. My Fitbit (Charge 2) appeared linked, according to both the AARP and FitBit sites, but no steps were recorded. I use the desktop (web browser), not the App versions of their respective software. AARP support said no data was being received from FitBit - go talk to them. FitBit support said data was being sent to AARP - go talk to them. Neither group seemed to know exactly what procedure a user should follow when linking their tracker, so I thought I'd add that information here as a helpful guide for others having the same issue.

When you Add a Tracker from the AARP page it takes you to the fitbit login page and afterwards to the fitbit AARP Rewards configuration page. There are eight separate attributes to choose, or you can simply “Allow All”. I preferred not to share any unnecessary information (e.g. sleep and weight), so I selected only the ones that looked important for reporting step counts. My first attempt was apparently not sufficient, because no tracking information was recorded by AARP. That's when I chatted with both support teams, but sadly they could not help...

After further experimenting on my own I finally got things to work when juat the following three attributes were enabled: "Profile", "Activity and Exercise", and "Fitbit Devices and Settings". In fairness, there is a disclaimer that reads "If you allow only some of this data, AARP Rewards may not function as intended. Learn more about these permissions here." Clicking the "here" link did not offer enough additional information to determine those attributes minimally necessary for persons wanting some privacy. I believe there is room for improvement here!

Having started on Monday (1/12/20), my "10K steps in a day" for (1/16/20) finally in AARP Rewards on Friday morning. Presumably the first three days were lost, but that's not a huge number of rewards points.

Hopefully this detailed information will help others and lead to less frustration.

-Steve

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 106

@JonathanM243209 You're welcome!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 106

JessicaT

thank you very much!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.