Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

Regular Contributor

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

I see that you can sync your fitness tracker to the AARP Now app and earn Rewards points for hitting fitness milestones. However when you drill down to the instructions it says you need v3.20 of the AARP Now app to sync the fitness tracker, yet my Apple App Store only has v3.19. I have AARP support looking into this but wondering if anyone else has been able to find v3.20 and/or sync their fitness tracker (specifically Apple Health on the iPhone).

Regular Contributor

When I look closer I see that I actually received 100+50 points AARP members receive 50% more points.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbear105  @kf456  

Just checking in to see if you were able to see the successful syncing of your devices?

Teri

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I was not successful - I did try again this morning.  Is it true that the app needs to be updated? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I updated the AARP Now app on my iPhone as the 3.2 version was now available and needed updating.  Still no sync up.  After reading over this topic, I finally deleted my newly updated app and reinstalled it, requiring a log in with password.  That seemed to do the trick for me and I received bonus points for downloading the app!
     Now to see if I earn any points for my steps, but that requires taking a few more than I did yesterday.  Does anyone know if other activies are combined or do you have to meet a specific number of steps or specific number of cycling miles to gain reward points???

Regular Contributor

Oops, I should add that I was using the iPhone "Health" app to record my activity.  Wasn't much yesterday as I went to see the Downton Abbey movie, LOL!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Does anyone know if the Samsung watches will be added to the list of trackers?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have linked my Fitbit to the AARP site yesterday and confirm the connection with with 3rd party app in Fitbit.

I had 10,000 step yesterday but do not see my points. Is there an issue with the link?

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

I don't know if this topic is only about apple product syncing, but, I didn't see anything about syncing a fitbit.  It seemed to sync, but, I had already met the 10,000 bonus level and I haven't seen any points for it in my transaction history yet.  I'll try to be patient, though, it is the first day.

Will tracker points be exempt from the daily point limit, as it was in rewards for good?

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Periodic Contributor

Do not know how to get my activity from my Apple Watch to sync with the rewards program.  Any help?

Pj54
Regular Contributor

Apparently we have to wait until AARP Now v3.20 is available. Then you can sync your Apple Health app with the AARP Now app. The Apple Health app pulls from your Apple Watch.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@p439300g  Have you gone to the Earn page, hit the “Add a fitness tracker” link and select a fitness tracker from the pop-up menu. Then, you’ll need to separately go into its app and give it permission to share data with AARP Rewards. 

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

And when this AKSO fails, then what?

Fitbit IS synced, however no rewards

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JonathanM243209 Make sure your fitness tracker is still connected -- head to the Earn page (http://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn), hit the “Add a fitness tracker” link and select a fitness tracker from the pop-up menu. Then, you’ll need to separately go into its app and give it permission to share data with AARP Rewards. If it's already properly connected, let me know how many days you are missing points for, and I can make that adjustment.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Mine isn’t recording data either. It does not show in the transaction tab.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ekent Please follow the troubleshooting steps for your specific device: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/fitness-tracker-missing-rewards 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

JodeeR

see that i am Not the only one with this issue. The app has been linked and Fitbit has accepted the link, yet nothing until 2 days ago - GREAT

However someone promised to add the missing points, but never did.  From December 19th until January 7, about 19 days of missing 150 points

Retired Moderator

@JonathanM243209 I've added the missing points from December 19th- January 5th. The other points have been properly recorded until today.

Periodic Contributor

JessicaT

thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@JonathanM243209 You're welcome!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello, you seem to be on the ball with what is causing our Fitbits not to track properly with AARP Rewards.  I have tried everything I have been asked to do and it is still not working.  Would you be able to give any other suggestions or help?

thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My shows the aarp app is connected - but still is not applying points to my steps achievements.

Community Concierge

Hi @KateHarp, happy to help! Please consider clearing your browser's cookies and cache before you login again and check your transaction history at: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking on the ellipsis option button (the three dots) in the top-right corner of the reply.

0 Kudos
Contributor

What I finally did to get my Fitbit steps to track on AARP Rewards was to go back to the AARP page, remove the tracker, then again Add a Tracker on that page. Make sure the following three attributes are enabled: "Profile", "Activity and Exercise", and "Fitbit Devices and Settings". These attributes are only visible once after you have moved past the fitbit login page and on to fitbit AARP Rewards configuration page.

There are eight separate attributes to choose from, or you can simply “Allow All”. I preferred not to share unnecessary information (e.g. sleep and weight), so I selected only the ones that looked important for reporting step counts.

I use the desktop (web browser), not the App version of their software, so I don't know if AARP configuration steps are similar in the App.

Hope that helps.

-Steve

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately my apple watch quit getting exercise and steps rewards points in mid December and despite 3 calls to the rewards helpline I still am not getting my points automatically. All my devices ( iMac, phone and iPad claim I am synced and my Apple Health app indicates it allows sharing data with AARP.   Despite unsyncing then resyncing my watch as well as unistalling and reinstalling AARP app on phonne and tablet nothing is working.  A case file has been created to correct the problem by AARP rewards help person and I was told someone would get back to me in 3-5 days. That was 7 days ago. Very frustrating. My apple watch correctly syncs and shares data with my Lose it app which leads me to believe the problem is with the AARP app. The fact that fitbit users arehaving the same issues confirms my belief that the problem is the AARP app and their tech support team. 

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

This link you sent simply sends me to the online community where other members are having the same type of problem I am.  As you can see from my post I already did everything I am supposed to to get my Apple watch to properly sync with the AARP App.  Watch, Apple Health App and AARP app all indicate I am synced and sharing data yet no rewards are posting for 10,000 steps and cycling work outs.  Please fix this problem. 

On Thursday, January 9, 2020, 04:26:19 PM EST, member@aarp.org <member@aarp.org> wrote:

Dear Mrs. Hoffman,

Thank you for contacting AARP.  Please use the link below to learn how to sync your Fitness tracker with AARP Rewards.  The online community has valuable resources. We hope you find this information helpful.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Earn-Activities/Syncing-Fitness-Tracker-with-AARP-Now-to-earn-Rewards-...

Sincerely,

Lauren
Consumer Care

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It is linked but still not working.  To date, I'm missing points for 36 days or 5400 points that should be added.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@lk8154694 I've made the correction and will also have someone look into why this is still an issue for you. You'll be contacted in a few days.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

JessicaT,

I have an Apple Watch which was synced until mid December then suddenly I just quit getting rewards for 10,000 steps a day and my cycling workouts.  I noticed the missed rewards on about January 6,2020 and called the help line.  I did some things the agent recommended and she gave me credit for missed rewards.  The app shows through the lastest version of the iPhone AARP app that my watch is synced to AARP rewards through the Apple Health App.  I also show in my Apple Health App the the AARP App has permission to share data.  Another app I have "Lose It" is also synced with with my watch through the Apple Health App and it works beautifully with no gaps in reliability so I think the problem is with the AARP app.  Yesterday I notced I am still not receiving rewards through my synced Apple watch even after removing it and resyncing, restarting my iPhone, Watch and computer and logging out and back into the AARP app.  I called the help line again yesterday and they gave me the missed rewards points but didn't have a solution as to why my Apple watch workouts are getting me the rewards automatically like it did for months up to mid December when it abruptly quit.  Please try to fix this problem.  It is not realistic to have to keep calling and reporting the solutions suggestions aren't working.

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@ph8624 - thanks for your response. We are still looking into this issue and will be in touch soon! 

0 Kudos

I want to connect to Apple Health. CAn I do it? I don't see a place in the AARP app to connect or sync. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP