Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

Regular Contributor

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

I see that you can sync your fitness tracker to the AARP Now app and earn Rewards points for hitting fitness milestones. However when you drill down to the instructions it says you need v3.20 of the AARP Now app to sync the fitness tracker, yet my Apple App Store only has v3.19. I have AARP support looking into this but wondering if anyone else has been able to find v3.20 and/or sync their fitness tracker (specifically Apple Health on the iPhone).

I was able to dowmload the correct veriosn, but it still does not diplay rewards. I can't find a place to sync the app with my Apple Health

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm also NOT receiving my 10,000 steps/day points from my fitbit!  Both the AARP site & fitbit site show they are linked & I just had a lengthy conversation with fitbit.  They say the only 3 things AARP requested to be shared is:  "nutrition, heartrate, weight".  NO request for "activity/walking/exercise/exertion"--or whatever term AARP wants to use for number of steps I take!  Hey AARP---how about fixing this???

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

For IOS, you need ver 3.20 or later. I logged out of the AARP Now app and logged back in. I selected the AARP card icon at the bottom. You should see a section under your card called AARP Rewards with points below. There is also a '>' which takes you where you can sync your app.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the advice.   Just needed to log out and log back in and then follow your easy and clear instructions

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the advice.   Just needed to log out and log back in and then follow your easy and clear instructions

Mary Ann Hoffman
Periodic Contributor

I have the same problem.  I read the FAQ and it says you opt-in to rewards and then select sync fitness tracker.  Well, it seems that if you have already opt'd-in to rewards then there isn't an option in the app to sync fitness tracker.  I called to get this escalated.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Make sure you have the latest version (3.20?) of the app.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Funny stuff: I just got an email from AARP technical support from my reporting of this issue yesterday. They referred me to this thread for answers. This thread, which I started and eventually worked through my problem mostly on my own.

Periodic Contributor

I was refered to this page today (10/14/2019), with 74 posts with different answers on each. This was supposed to be an escalated call because I already tried all of these. Did you ever find the correct answer?

Thanks

Randy

Community Manager
Community Manager

@randymi1953   I sent you a private message asking for specific information to help troubleshoot if you are still experiencing an issue, please reply  Thanks.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have removed the App 3 times, detached AARP on the Fitbit website 3, times reinstalled the Fitbit app 3 times, still no points.

I also have subscribed to all the newsletters and haven't received any newsletters since day one of the new Rewards program either.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have had no luck tried uninstalling than installing unsyncing reinstalling and resyncing called AARP with no help it would be nice to get this fixed I get my steps almost everyday and no points

Periodic Contributor

No. Still won't let me connect to fitbit.  When I click on "fitbit", then the red box @ bottom of page, NOTHING happens!  No solved answer from AARP either.  Very frustrating!  

P.S.  fitbit still says AARP is NOT a participating company with them

Regular Contributor

Just pulled up my balance and I did receive 100 points for going over 10K steps. Received them today but not sure if this is for today or yesterday because I'm only at ~9,300 steps for today.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbear105   I love your avatar!!

The points would be for yesterday.  The will be posted the day following your earning!  Glad to hear your points were there too!  Keep moving 🙂

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Teri, is there a way to change my username?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbear105   Yes!  You can go to My Account - the click on the 2nd tab (Account Details) and you will see option to change

usernamechange.JPG

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

First time I knew the iphone was tracking my steps since I first bought it a few years ago! Only problem is, the health app has a few hundred entries for each day.  I have no idea why it breaks it up that way.

I did find a free app that will let you export the data to the numbers app or Excel.  It is called QS Access.  Only problem is it will export the whole table of data in your health app, but you can limit it to steps.  Use Air Drop to move it to a MacbBook for easier manipulation, so you can copy the current day, previous day or whatever to its own spreadsheet and add a sum formula to see what your total number of steps are for the day.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@RussellP197074 wrote:

First time I knew the iphone was tracking my steps since I first bought it a few years ago! Only problem is, the health app has a few hundred entries for each day.  I have no idea why it breaks it up that way.

<snip>

Russell, at the bottom of the health app screen, you should see 4 options ... Health Data, Today, Sources, and Medical Data.  Click on Today.  This should take you to a screen that shows a consolidated total of all steps for the day.  If you then click on steps, there is the option for "show all data" which is the screen you are seeing with the hundreds of entries for the day.  Click the "back" button in upper left to go back to the consolidated totals screen.

- Angela

Conversationalist

@a655132b wrote:

@RussellP197074 wrote:

<snip>

Russell, at the bottom of the health app screen, you should see 4 options ... Health Data, Today, Sources, and Medical Data.  Click on Today.  This should take you to a screen that shows a consolidated total of all steps for the day.  If you then click on steps, there is the option for "show all data" which is the screen you are seeing with the hundreds of entries for the day.  Click the "back" button in upper left to go back to the consolidated totals screen.

Thanks.  I looked for the app but i couldn't find it.  I was accessing the data through the settings screen.  Found the app tucked away in a group called entertainment!  That's much easier.  Now I need to get back outside.  I am about 600 steps short!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

But I can say that since Oct 2016 I have walked 1320 miles and 3.3 million steps while I had my iphone with me!

3.20 is available in the app store for as of this morning.  I have upgraded the app, but I still do not see where to sync my apple watch on AARP NOW. can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Open the app, then click on the AARP tab on the bottom right. That page should have your point total, click on that and it takes you to the page that allows you to sync your fitness.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I just succeeded! 

So, I downloaded the new App, relogged in and selected the AARP card on the bottom right corner.  This time AARP rewards was listed right in the middle of the screen. ....  and I clicked on it and from there it allowed me to choose my tracker (apple health) and it synched up nearly immedately.  

I hope this helps!  

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Soosietyrell   Horray glad to hear it!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ds44805353   You should log out and back in again if you are not seeing it.

AARPTeri

That did it! Thank you!
Periodic Contributor

I actually deleted the app and reloaded it....  so I received the new version... then it worked 🙂 

Thanks for hanging in there with me - very happy now! 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

I completed over 10,000 steps yesterday and linked my fitbit to AARP on the same day.  It shows I have a liked device after clicking on "manage your fitbit >" found on the earn page.  I hope to try to get 10,000 steps again today, but, I can't be sure that I will be able to test it.

Has anyone gotten fitbit points?

Thanks!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andrewtoo   Yes we are seeing users earning the ftitness bonus from Fitbit.  Hopefully, you will see them tomorrow if not let me know so we can help sort it out for you.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP