Arthritis remedies now target inflammation as well as the ache. Learn more in AARP’s series: Getting Smart About Chronic Pain.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 61 of 68

roboform is easy to use and free.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 68

I have been using “mSecure” for a number of years; the data is accessible from all my Apple devises. I like the format and security of the app. They keep it up to date as Apple changes its technology. Never had a problem with the app or support. It has a PC version as well. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 68

I use B-Folders (www.jointlogic.com/b-folders) because (1) it uses AES 256 encryption and (2) it does not save your passwords on their servers. You can sync your passwords easily with other devices (phone, laptop, tablet) via a peer-to-peer connection on your own home network. It's also free (for the mobile version) unless you want the fingerprint login option, which is well worth the $6.99 price tag IMO.

I checked out Dashlane and Keeper and they had some user features, too, but on B-Folders synched across all my devices without having to save my passwords on their servers. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 68

@AARPTeri wrote:

Do you use a password manager?  Do you have one you recommend?  Share it here and tell us why it's your choice.

LAST PASS.  Been using it for years, free personal edition.  It has served my needs for these years and has served me well without problems.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 68

I use SafeInCloud for several years. All you have to remember is one code to access your data, which is store in the cloud with 256-bit advanced encrption standard. You can specify how many attempts you allow to unlock the software before that account is permanently locked for good for that device. The software developer has no backdoor to recover your code and data. The window, Mac desktop versions are free. The mobile versions for Android and IOS are reasonably priced. You can access your account data from any one of your devices running SafeInCloud. There is a password generator. The software also give you an indication of the strength of your password in term of estimation in time to crack it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 68

I use 1Password. The product has been consistently rated as a top performer for many years. Their website provides a good overview of features, etc. After using their Mac desktop product for several years, I switched to their subscription (cloud-based) service. I use the product on all of my Apple devices - iMac, iPad, iPod.

Mark @WalksInPortland
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 68

Hi, Teri!

Absolutely not! Any online service can be hacked so no way, never, would I use a password management app/service.

One of my daughters does know my p/w for banking, other than that no one.

Phone has bio finger log in as does bank and other services; finger is good enough for me (it prevented someone from taking my money when they stole my phone).

Aside from that, don't want to pay for "ID Protection" that I can do through my insurance company (The Hartford) or myself.

Great topic!

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Password Manager?

Message 68 of 68

Do you use a password manager?  Do you have one you recommend?  Share it here and tell us why it's your choice.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies