Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 77

I've been using LastPass Premium.  It came free with my Webroot subsciption.  Like it alot except for the occasional glitch.  So much easier than having to look at my list of passwords I kept.

You do have to remember to enter your favorite websites thru LastPass each.  Not a big deal once you get used to it.

Carl G - Wilmington DE

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 77

No I do not use a password manager. I don't feel the necessity to trust anyone other than myself. I keep a little black book that I found at Barnes and Noble some years ago. I write in pencil so I can erase. I change passwords as necessary and mark the date it was changed. I also don't use my passwords outside my home. If necessary I would take my book with me and keep it locked up like my wallet. 

It might be a good idea for younger adults, but at my age it is not. There is certain personal information I don't keep in the book, just in case it was lost or misplaced.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 77

I use F Secure as my password manager. It is nothing fancy, but it's pretty straight forward and does what I need.  I have tried some of the more well known ones (Last Pass and Dashline) and although they may have more bells and whistles,  I found that they interfered with my browser and were a bit intrusive.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 77

I agree.  As far as worrying about it being free, you can pay LastPass for a pro version with extra features.  It still uses the same security as the free versions but they have family or business enhancement. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 77

I've used LastPass for years and have been very pleased with it. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 77

I'm cautious about any web-based service that's free.  Concerns include them marketing my data to advertisers.  The article didn't mention privacy policies of the password managers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 77

The free version of LastPass does everything you need, and does it well. I also it it to store the unique lies I use for every security question. It does not remember password history, so I always make a copy of the old password in the card for the website in LastPass before having LastPass generate a new unique password (many websites require that you enter both the old and new passwords to use a new password). LastPass lets me use 20 character totally random passwords as easily as a word hackers can guess in a tiny fraction of a second.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 77

I have used the free version of LastPass for several years on all my pc (windows and linux) and on my android phone with no problem.  I don't know about iphones but there should be an app for the LastPass service.  There is an extension on the chrome brower that allow you to access all your saved login info from any computer.  I am 66 so I don't know if that qualifies me as elderly. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 77

I am looking for a program that will work on my PC, iPhone 5c and iPad 6th generation.  I also am elcerly and cannot afford to pay much.  Any suggestions?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 77

I use Keeper.  I have used it for years. I have well over 100 passwords in it. It's on my phone and computer.  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users