Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 61 of 74

Using KeePass for years.  It’s free, open source supports autofill, copy/paste and drag and drop.  Uses SHA-256 AES encryption.  Master password is stored in generated encrypted file and not on online servers.  Apps for both desktop and mobile devices.  I think the most operative word here is it’s free. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 74

Hello;

Yes, I use a progam calle "Password Safe" for several years now, and so far so good. No hacks, it's been very secure for me.

Steven

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 74

PasswordSafe, used it for years, free.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Sticky Password Manager

Message 64 of 74

I have used Sticky Password for several years and am very happy with it.  I pay $30 a year and consider it worthwhile.  I keep dozens of high-security passwords in it.  A favorite feature is the password generator that creates complex, randomized passwords with my choice of character types including numbers, upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and my choice of special characters (some sites don't allow certain special characters).  The PC and Android versions are user-friendly.  I am a dedicated fan of password managers and recommend them to everyone.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 74

I use to use dashlane, until they started getting overpriced. $19.95 per year, then $39.95 year and now $59.95 per year. It will probably keep going up each year as people become more dependent on it. People should be careful which plan they choose because of increasing fees.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 74

I have used TrueKey from McAfee and find that it works well across platforms (PC and Mac) and my iPhone. Synchs between all devices as long as you stay logged in. Allows for fingerprint login on my iPhone. It produces some wicked generated passwords...good thing it remembers them too. I don't know what the level of encryption is. I will be checking that out. Easy, intuitive, free. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 74

roboform is easy to use and free.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 74

I have been using “mSecure” for a number of years; the data is accessible from all my Apple devises. I like the format and security of the app. They keep it up to date as Apple changes its technology. Never had a problem with the app or support. It has a PC version as well. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 74

I use B-Folders (www.jointlogic.com/b-folders) because (1) it uses AES 256 encryption and (2) it does not save your passwords on their servers. You can sync your passwords easily with other devices (phone, laptop, tablet) via a peer-to-peer connection on your own home network. It's also free (for the mobile version) unless you want the fingerprint login option, which is well worth the $6.99 price tag IMO.

I checked out Dashlane and Keeper and they had some user features, too, but on B-Folders synched across all my devices without having to save my passwords on their servers. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 74

@AARPTeri wrote:

Do you use a password manager?  Do you have one you recommend?  Share it here and tell us why it's your choice.

LAST PASS.  Been using it for years, free personal edition.  It has served my needs for these years and has served me well without problems.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors