Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Sticky Password Manager

Message 61 of 71

I have used Sticky Password for several years and am very happy with it.  I pay $30 a year and consider it worthwhile.  I keep dozens of high-security passwords in it.  A favorite feature is the password generator that creates complex, randomized passwords with my choice of character types including numbers, upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and my choice of special characters (some sites don't allow certain special characters).  The PC and Android versions are user-friendly.  I am a dedicated fan of password managers and recommend them to everyone.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 62 of 71

I use to use dashlane, until they started getting overpriced. $19.95 per year, then $39.95 year and now $59.95 per year. It will probably keep going up each year as people become more dependent on it. People should be careful which plan they choose because of increasing fees.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 71

I have used TrueKey from McAfee and find that it works well across platforms (PC and Mac) and my iPhone. Synchs between all devices as long as you stay logged in. Allows for fingerprint login on my iPhone. It produces some wicked generated passwords...good thing it remembers them too. I don't know what the level of encryption is. I will be checking that out. Easy, intuitive, free. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 71

roboform is easy to use and free.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 71

I have been using “mSecure” for a number of years; the data is accessible from all my Apple devises. I like the format and security of the app. They keep it up to date as Apple changes its technology. Never had a problem with the app or support. It has a PC version as well. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 71

I use B-Folders (www.jointlogic.com/b-folders) because (1) it uses AES 256 encryption and (2) it does not save your passwords on their servers. You can sync your passwords easily with other devices (phone, laptop, tablet) via a peer-to-peer connection on your own home network. It's also free (for the mobile version) unless you want the fingerprint login option, which is well worth the $6.99 price tag IMO.

I checked out Dashlane and Keeper and they had some user features, too, but on B-Folders synched across all my devices without having to save my passwords on their servers. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 71

@AARPTeri wrote:

Do you use a password manager?  Do you have one you recommend?  Share it here and tell us why it's your choice.

LAST PASS.  Been using it for years, free personal edition.  It has served my needs for these years and has served me well without problems.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 71

I use SafeInCloud for several years. All you have to remember is one code to access your data, which is store in the cloud with 256-bit advanced encrption standard. You can specify how many attempts you allow to unlock the software before that account is permanently locked for good for that device. The software developer has no backdoor to recover your code and data. The window, Mac desktop versions are free. The mobile versions for Android and IOS are reasonably priced. You can access your account data from any one of your devices running SafeInCloud. There is a password generator. The software also give you an indication of the strength of your password in term of estimation in time to crack it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 71

I use 1Password. The product has been consistently rated as a top performer for many years. Their website provides a good overview of features, etc. After using their Mac desktop product for several years, I switched to their subscription (cloud-based) service. I use the product on all of my Apple devices - iMac, iPad, iPod.

Mark @WalksInPortland
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 71

Hi, Teri!

Absolutely not! Any online service can be hacked so no way, never, would I use a password management app/service.

One of my daughters does know my p/w for banking, other than that no one.

Phone has bio finger log in as does bank and other services; finger is good enough for me (it prevented someone from taking my money when they stole my phone).

Aside from that, don't want to pay for "ID Protection" that I can do through my insurance company (The Hartford) or myself.

Great topic!

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet