Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

2FA Notice

I received the following error message when I entered my phone number on the page with the notice about the upcoming implementation of  two-factor authorization.

This is a valid US phone number. Please advise.

aarp_error-msg.png

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I Have not been subjected to this leveraged collection of additional personal information yet, but reading this thread got me wondering...What about using a Google Voice number?  Most places interpret Google Voice as a cell phone.  Maybe I'll test this theory if I get asked.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Darryl, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just had a lengthy "chat" regarding this with AARP chat; seems they're going to use cell contact for 2fa...

I asked about some of us who don't use "smart" phones, as email has worked; they apparently won't accept that. I pointed out my cell died last Friday and awaiting replacement, so "now what"... apparently wait or doesn't matter...

Thanks for bringing this to attention, Darryl!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Contributor

By your reply, I'm assuming this message means the system doesn't think I can receive SMS at this number, but I can.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP