Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

I'm 43 and my co-workers who are in their late 50's couldn't believe I joined AARP at my age. I was able to change their minds when they learned how much money I saved by using my AARP travel benefits on Expedia for my family's upcoming flight to Anchorage, Alaska and the money I saved on our hotel rooms. I can't wait to take my family to see the wonders of Alaska's Glaciers and ice fields.  

0 Kudos

My first post-Covid trip will be the ACBL National Bridge Tournament to be held in Providence, RI.  Competition with experts or mere "famous persons" is a wonderful challenge and adventure.  There is also the local viewing of Newport Beach mansions and Roger Williams' First Baptist Church in America.

Contributor

I am hoping on going up to New England for thre beautiful fall colors and some Lobster.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We will finally be taking our Greek Islands cruise which we have postponed twice.

Contributor

We are so happy to be able to travel to Virginia for our Granddaughters high school graduation! Weโ€™ll be using our AARP discounts wherever we can! Thank you!

0 Kudos

We will be taking an Alaskan cruise this August 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Checking off a bucket list trip!!! A 7 day river trip down the Grand Canyon:)

Contributor

I'm hoping to take a road trip w/ my dog sometime this summer/fall.  We'll be traveling from FL to WI to visit friends & family and plan to take our time doing so!  I'm not quite sure what route we'll take yet, but I do plan to use the AARP Travel Site to find hotels & fun places to stop along the way.  We'll also use our AARP membership card for discounts on gas & food.  We may even purchase a few gift cards w/ our AARP reward points to give as gifts to family members that we haven't seen in a while!  Sure is sounding like a fun trip, isn't it???  ๐Ÿ™‚

Periodic Contributor

After being canceled due to COVID the last two years, my husband and I will finally get to visit Amsterdam and then board a river cruise up the Rhine to Basel, Switzerland. We are capping off the trip with a couple of nights in Luzern before we fly home. We have never been to this part of the world and are so excited. I suspect the buildup of hoping to go the prior two summers has also fueled our eagerness to get back to Europe.

I don't think there are a lot of AARP discounts available in Europe, but we regularly use gift cards I buy at a discount through AARP to save money. So, we were able to make this trip more affordable in our budget with our savings from those gift cards (meaning we don't need to draw as much from retirement accounts to pay for everything). 

Contributor

You will love this trip..we went 5 yrs ago and started in Basil.  Stayed a night there before and then 5 nights on a canal boat in Amsterdam.  Was a blast all the way.  Explore Amsterdam and take the canal boat from beginning to end to see around the city!  Bon Voyage!  Jana Miller

0 Kudos
Contributor

We have planned a trip to San Francisco in June with our daughters, age 22 and 19. Will be using AAPR discounts on travel expenses

0 Kudos
Contributor

Camping trip to Austin Texas; saved on campsite fee with AARP Rewards! 

Contributor

Planned an (almost) annual camping trip in June with extended family in Wisconsin.  Due to COVID haven't done it for a couple years.  It will be 5 days on reminiscing, laughing and sharing old stories. Will be using my AARP membership to save on the restaurant meals we traditionally have the day we arrive and the day we leave.

Contributor

Used AARP travel site to book a  hotel in Dublin  Ireland this summer

0 Kudos

My wife and I will be traveling from SC to Topsail, NC. We rented a house for the week and 2 of our 3 children will be joining us along with our 4 grandchildren. My wife's 3 siblings will also be there for the week with most of their families too!. This is a trip that was originally planned for 2020 but of course COVID took care of those plans. We are looking forward to a week of beaching, relaxing, playing games and a little bit of eating and drinking. We will be using gift cards from AARP Rewards to save on travel expenses.

Contributor

We ( husband and I and our dog) have plans to travel to the Dells area in Wisconsin for our oldest granddaughter's wedding.  We have a campground booked and our plans are to take our 5th wheel camper and do some sight seeing.  Plans are getting iffy now with the price of diesel going up more every day and we should be leaving in a little over 2 weeks.  We are hoping we'll still get to take the camper.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My husband and I will be celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary! For the past two years we have booked an adventure package at Yellowstone which has been cancelled each time due to COVID. This year my husband said he did not want to postpone our visit again, so he made independent travels plans including for flights, tours and hotel stays. I have used AARP Rewards to enter sweeps to win the book on National Parks and new luggage in anticipation of our trip, and regularly review offers to redeem for restaurant certificates, etc. to use on our vacation.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

June 13-25 my daughter and I will be going on an Oceania cruise to the British Isles, embarking in Southampton, England and disembarking in Dublin, Ireland; and including 2 other English ports (Newcastle on Tyne, Liverpool), 1 Welsh port (Holyhead), 6 Scottish ports (Ullapool, Invergordon, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Kirkwall in Orkney Islands, Lerwick in Shetland Islands), and 1 N. Irish port (Londonderry). The only port of these 12 to which I have previously been is Dublin; the other 11 will be new experiences! I picked this particular cruise because during my Covid year at home in 2020 I watched many streaming tv shows; for some reason, the shows I was most drawn to/liked best took place in either Scotland(including Shetland Islands), N. Ireland, Ireland, England, or Wales.

I am SO EXCITED to be traveling/cruising again!! I put down my deposit for the cruise in Mar of โ€™21 so I could have something thrilling to look forward to and lift my spirits after I went back to work full time in my job as internal medicine physician treating patients with Covid and many other illnesses.   

I use Rewards points to cut down on my traveling expenses (Hotels.com, Southwest, Uber, etc). In addition, of course the $740 Iโ€™ve saved by using Rewards points has helped to pay for our trip!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I live in California, in the far northwestern corner of the State, and will be flying to Syracuse, NY this summer for a family reunion in the Finger Lakes region. I've been saving up some of the restaurant Gift Cards I've won or purchased throught the AARP Rewards Program, and I plan to use as many as I can during my 3-week vacay with family and old friends in central New York State. Really looking forward to my trip!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We are going to see my son and grandchildren in Hawaii. He is in the navy. We are going to use Reward Points to get discount restaurant certificates.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will go to see my 95 year old mother who has been a half a country away in a nursing home during COVID! I talk with her almost daily, but I have not seen her in 3 years.  I just booked my flights tonight!  I will also get to see my 3 siblings & their families who live in that area. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and are going to celebrate our 40th anniversary with a month long road trip.  We moved to Colorado from Indiana to move in with our son to help care for our 1st and only grandchild, Cole.  He will be 16 months old during our month off from grandparent duties.  We will be visiting our other son and wife in Indy, IN.  We have not seen them since their wedding last July.  We will spend the rest of our time visiting various friends and family in Cincinnati, OH, Evansville, IN and St.Louis area.  We will use AARP app to check gas prices and use various coupons purchased with our rewards points to save money on our trip.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We will be traveling to Virginia Beach this summer and using giftcards bought at a discount from AARP to save on items for our trip.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan on traveling to Scotland with an organized group tour that was postponed from a previous time due to covid.  Scotland does not have any covid test requirements t6o enter and I hope the USA will no longer require a negative test to re enter the USA.  I have an AARP credit card which will help pay for things as it does not charge extra for overseas transaction

0 Kudos
Contributor

We will be going to our time share condo at the beach, as we do every year. It may not be varied, but we like it. I used my points for gift cards to places I would normally go anyway.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I plan to go to Nebraska to visit my 94 years old mother. I have leukemia and havenโ€™t been allowed to travel for over a year. The doctor gave me the ok to visit her before I have a bone marrow transplant. We will use our Aarp rewards to help with the cost of fuel, restaurants and hotels for the1200 mile round trip. We have saved a lot with Aarp in the past.

Periodic Contributor

I'm hoping to take a cruise and will look on the AARP Travel Center and hopefully combine a deal there with one of the discounted gift cards one can buy from AARP Rewards.

Contributor

Hoping to do a long weekend, not too far, trip to Put-in-Bay.  I thought I could use gas and look through restaurant AARP discount offers to save a few bucks.

My husband and I would love to go to Greece in the early fall.  We are hoping current family obligations will improve and we will be able to feel comfortable getting away for 10 to 14 days.  Will look through travel offers (particularly cruise ships through AARP.  Fingers crossed!  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In anticipation of COVID-19 impacting travel for a while, and that we have multiple ( potentially) disabling health challenges between us,  we bought a 32โ€™ RV to โ€œglampโ€ our way on the dream road trip. We leave 5/15 for a 6 month, 10K mile trip around the country. Our plans include about 50 national parks , starting at Cape Cod Seashore, up to Acadia, across to IN, SD, WY, WA,OR, CA (LOTS of parks there!) , the SW& back through TX, AR, FL and up the East Coast. Next trip: cruise to the Caribbean late February, then head out in the RV again to see Canada from the maritimes to BC, back Southeast at a leisurely pace & check out NOLA, Cape Hatteras & Myrtle Beach, and finally Assateague Island.

pups, maps, apps galore: look out, USA, we just might be coming to your town !

Well be using AARP discounts to rent cars where the parks are very crowded and to save on gas : RVs can be notoriously bad in the gas mileage department! Weโ€™ll also take occasional advantage of hotel/motel discounts . Weโ€™re hoping our granddaughters (12 & 14) will join us for part of this adventure: hungry tween & teen eat A LOT!

Contributor

Janet is traveling to Fishkill, NY to visit her 96 year old mother who she has not seen for 3 years.  She will use AAA Rewards for travel expenses.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP