- AARP Online Community
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Connect
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Caregiving Tips
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Travel Forums
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22
Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022. This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022.
Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?
Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic! Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts. All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.
To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.
Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting! A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.
Rules for the contest are posted here - https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...
- AARP Rewards
- Alaska. Use rewards points for gift cards and lodging.
- and don't want to repeat it.
- and have not seen them in years. My sister is old
- and sick. I already lost one without seeing her for the last time
- but I do hope to earn some. Happy Traveling Everyone! Blessings!
- Going to Gatlinburg to meet up with my grandson and his mom and dad. Will use some points on gift cards discount.
- Hey There! I'm traveling to Chicago for my birthday! I'm going with myself only and meeting up with a girlfriend to stroll down magnificent mile and cruise Lake Michigan! Unfortunately
- I am planning to go to Turkey to see a lot of the sites.
- I do not have enough rewards points
- I plan to travel to Arizona to visit my brother and use AARP discounts for hotel stays.
- I would love to go visit family in TX
- I would love to visit my family in Montreal Canada
- i would take my child and my elderly disabled mother to Hawaii. never been there and it is on our bucket list!
- movies and museums! Can't wait!
- My husband and I along with 16 other family and friends will be going to Aruba. While there we will be celebrate my birthday. We are all just looking to get together after being apart for so long and laugh and make new memories. Can't wait!!
- We are going to to Las Vegas because we have never been there. And we will be using AARP Rewards to find discounts on hotels etc. for the best deals.
- We are planning to go to Belize and get to do some snorkeling. We will use ourAARP rewards to find a great hotel.
- We are taking our first family vacation this June! We are all very excited. We rented a beautiful Victorian house at the beach. Everything is within walking distance. I have already found some aarp coupons for ice cream
- we haven't seen them in person since 2020. I plan on using my AARP Rewards Points to splurge while we are there.
- We plan to take our youngest grandchild on his first ever cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy! A lot of his friends have taken this cruise and he is so excited about this trip. Can't wait to see his eyes when we arrive at the port.
- We're planning a trip to Scotland to visit our daughter. I plan to use rewards to save on lodging.
- We're taking our trailer across the western states to Iowa to see family and then to some national parks. We use rewards for gas discounts.
The past few years were really rough
and, COVID, I have had enough
I have not been able to travel very far
but now its time to dust off my car.
Central Oklahoma is rife with history
and many an unsolved mystery
I will use my AARP Discounts to see
many of the museums of what used to be
and enjoy the discounted dinner.
AARP makes me a winner!!
2020 was supposed to be our year for travel. I was turning 50 (and warmly welcomed into the AARP community 😊), and it was my husband and my 25th anniversary. We planned our first cruise--with friends, of course--planned a whitewater rafting trip, and planned a trip to Disneyworld with family. I had left a long-term career for a job more local and then I was fired (which was a first-time thing for me!!) when I entered my vacation time on the calendar, which I had told them about during the interview! I was left reeling but hopeful for another job and looked forward to our year of vacations. Fast forward a few weeks to March 2020 and the world shut down. All vacation plans ended. Job prospects screeched to a halt. We did everything we could to avoid COVID. My husband eventually contracted it just before the vaccine became available and it was rough but he survived and I successfully avoided it. We spent the next 2 years keeping ourselves and others safe by staying home and staying healthy as much as possible.
Now that the pandemic is slowing a bit, we are thinking about travel again, but it will be much different. We will be scouting for our future retirement community, somewhere on the east coast instead of cruising, instead of Disney. We would like to still plan a whitewater rafting trip with family, but other than that, we will continue to keep ourselves and others safe by avoiding crowds when possible and enjoying outdoor, open space venues when we finally attend some concerts at our local Jones Beach amphitheater this summer. By Fall, we hope to travel the east coast to find our future home where we'll live a vacation lifestyle forever.
Maybe one day we'll go on our cruise and maybe someday we'll re-plan a trip to Disney, but it won't be anytime soon.
After surviving a long battle with Covid19, I just want to enjoy life and am so grateful to be alive. My children is taking me on a seven day cruise to Puerto Rico, Grand Turke, and Amber Cove this summer. I am so excited that I am able to see another part of the world.
- We have wanted to travel to Vermont for our 50th wedding anniversary and will be going this summer. Our anniversary is June 10
- we will contact AAA to help us plan our trip and we will use all available AARP discounts for hotels and events we will be visiting on our anniversary trip.
I retired this year after 30 years of nursing. The last two year proved to be a challenge for me and everyone else. I kept on knowing would travel when I retired. Living in Alaska my plan is to tour the state starting with all the hot springs. I want to relax enjoy the natural beauty.
My husband and I purchased a travel trailer and will be traveling this year to various places beginning with Cooperstown, NY, Lake George NY, Ausable NY, and Turningstone in Verona, NY. We will be safer this way from Pandemic, as we will be in our own space. We will see wonderful, historic places and those with beautiful scenic places. We will have side trips from Verona to the NYS Fair and 1,000 Islands and Hart Castle. We are looking forward to a wonderful summer. Joyce Morier.
I want to travel to Scotland and Ireland. myself and 3 others were in the planning stage just before the pandemic shut down travel. I have never been oversees and would love to see this part of the world. I picture it to be green and wet and cheerful. With the luck of the Irish, I hope I can make this trip a reality! Erin go brah!
I had moved from Wisconsin. I moved into my new home in Arizona December 2019 just before the COVID pandemic. I am wanting to go back to visit friends & family that are in Wisconsin. Moving across the country is hard enough, but then a pandemic made it harder to meet new friends. I thought I had planned well by selecting my community that has so many activities. But COVID took care of those plans.
We didn’t wait until everything started opening up. We have already returned from traveling to Texas to see our new grandson. We were not allowed to travel and be close to him until the COVID spread reduced and we were fully vaccinated. We have a wonderful trip!
As for how I plan to use my rewards points, you guessed it, I will be using them for gifts and travel to see my other 11 grandkids.
As a former educator, I’d like to pass on a writing tip…
Whenever you are writing to a prompt, you must address all aspects of the prompt. This contest ask two questions- where you plan to go? How will you use your AARP rewards?
I’m just trying to help everyone with their entry. I hope this is helpful. Good luck everyone!
During covid shut down, my husband and I drive the Lake Michigan shoreline and stopped at every park from South Haven to Ludington. We are ready to join the general population so we are taking another road trip to the UP but we are actually staying at a casino using our AARP discount on the room. Thanks AARP!
I am planning to travel to The Bay Area in California this August to visit my high school sweetheart who I got back in touch with online nearly a year ago today!!! He is now my fiance (though I'm still waiting for my ring!!)!! I cannot wait to see him, it's been 37 years since we have seen each other!!! I plan to use AARP Travel discounts along the way and once there!!!
I have been single far too many years and now I have someone to grow old with while sitting in our rocking chairs on his front porch!!!
I currently take care of my father, who has dementia, fulltime. I've done this for the past 8 years and I plan to do this until either he enters a home or his demise, which ever comes first. After that occurs, I will move for good to spend the rest of my life to San Jose, CA (where I was originally raised)
It's a very difficult situation to be in. While I truly love taking care of my father and learning so much about him, I miss my fiance very much and also cannot wait to begin the rest of my life with him!!!
My fiance is a very kind, patient and loving man! He is nearly perfect and I cannot wait to visit him in August!!
Thank you for taking the time to read my "reply" and for considering me for one of your gifts!!! I truly truly appreciate this!!!
We want to travel to Italy to the Puglia region to meet up with Alba, the owner of an olive grove and olive oil manufacturer whom we have become friends with on line. She presses the best olive oil we've ever had. Food is a huge part of our life, especially Italian food.
I am looking forward to visiting my mother this summer. I have no concrete plans so far but I hope the trip can be in the next few months. My mother is 94 years old and I feel horrible that I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving last year. Due to covid, I have severely restricted my travel and in person socialization with friends and family. My eyesight is also failing and I no longer feel confident driving, so my daughter has to be my chauffeur. I plan to use the gift cards I have either purchased or redeemed for points for meals and shopping.
I used AARP Travel to organize a trip to Raleigh-Durham, NC to visit my Dad for his 89th Birthday; (3-31-22) The correspondence for my travel was amazing (safety, changes in flight, requirements, etc. They kept me apprised of all the changes up till the time of travel. I felt very confident in going. This trip was amazing.
AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Help
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
Ready to double your fun? Enjoy Twofer Goofer, a fun rhyming word puzzle game from AARP! Play now.
Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync now.
From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.