- AARP Online Community
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Connect
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Travel Forums
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22
Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022. This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022.
Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?
Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic! Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts. All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.
To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.
Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting! A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.
Rules for the contest are posted here - https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...
- AARP Rewards
- Alaska. Use rewards points for gift cards and lodging.
- and don't want to repeat it.
- and have not seen them in years. My sister is old
- and sick. I already lost one without seeing her for the last time
- but I do hope to earn some. Happy Traveling Everyone! Blessings!
- Going to Gatlinburg to meet up with my grandson and his mom and dad. Will use some points on gift cards discount.
- Hey There! I'm traveling to Chicago for my birthday! I'm going with myself only and meeting up with a girlfriend to stroll down magnificent mile and cruise Lake Michigan! Unfortunately
- I am planning to go to Turkey to see a lot of the sites.
- I do not have enough rewards points
- I plan to travel to Arizona to visit my brother and use AARP discounts for hotel stays.
- I would love to go visit family in TX
- I would love to visit my family in Montreal Canada
- i would take my child and my elderly disabled mother to Hawaii. never been there and it is on our bucket list!
- movies and museums! Can't wait!
- My husband and I along with 16 other family and friends will be going to Aruba. While there we will be celebrate my birthday. We are all just looking to get together after being apart for so long and laugh and make new memories. Can't wait!!
- We are going to to Las Vegas because we have never been there. And we will be using AARP Rewards to find discounts on hotels etc. for the best deals.
- We are planning to go to Belize and get to do some snorkeling. We will use ourAARP rewards to find a great hotel.
- We are taking our first family vacation this June! We are all very excited. We rented a beautiful Victorian house at the beach. Everything is within walking distance. I have already found some aarp coupons for ice cream
- we haven't seen them in person since 2020. I plan on using my AARP Rewards Points to splurge while we are there.
- We plan to take our youngest grandchild on his first ever cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy! A lot of his friends have taken this cruise and he is so excited about this trip. Can't wait to see his eyes when we arrive at the port.
- We're planning a trip to Scotland to visit our daughter. I plan to use rewards to save on lodging.
- We're taking our trailer across the western states to Iowa to see family and then to some national parks. We use rewards for gas discounts.
I plan to travel first to Knoxville, TN to visit my daughter who moved on her own for the first time in February. Then it's on to Maryland and D.C. to visit my best friend, then Choo-Choo we are going down to Orlando to Disney and Epcot to celebrate our turning fifty last year with Disney. Next, we are onward to Fl. to bask at the beaches and visit my home with my family in Miami.
I'm just now seeing this because I've been off-line for a bit. This is my plan: Texas is a big state. I'm going to get in my vehicle, going south, take my time and see as much of Texas as there is to see. I understand there are some beautiful and interesting places in Texas. I'll keep going south until I'm ready to turn around and go home or my gas money gets tight. LOL.
Before I take off, I'll put together a list of all the AARP discount vendors/services that are along the way and visit as many as possible, utilizing all these great benefits AARP has blessed us with. .I plan to keep a journal and do a review/critique of each place/service that provides AARP Discounts. Why? Because I'm An Able Renewed Person and I can do whatever the heck I want to do. And so can you. Whatever yawl decide to do, be safe, have fun, keep smiling. Don't let anyone tell you that you should be sitting in a rocking chair snapping green beans. We still have a lot of life to live and love to get & give. Go out and make it happen!
I’m excited to announce that I’m planning a trip to Switzerland for the first time ever towards the end of the summer of 2022 now that Covid and the pandemic has seem to ebbed somewhat. Additionally, I’m thrilled that I can use my AARP hotel rewards to get money back on the hotels and rental cars we use abroad.
Our 1st trip will be a family vacation in Orlando. We had booked in 2020, but had to cancel with the COVID restrictions. Looking forward to this vacation with 4 generations. It will be the great-grands 1st trip to Disney. Using AARP rewards points for discounts on attractions and dining.
Beautiful San Francisco, with Pier 39, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Lombard Street, is my destination this summer. However all those delightful sights pale compared with the real wonder of my trip: a visit to my grandkids, not hugged for 2 and ½ years of careful living!
To save money on this trip, I am getting some Southwest Airlines gift cards through AARP Rewards. I have stocked up on Barnes and Noble gift cards purchased through the Daily Deal and I will delight the little ones with many books. A gift of clothes? Of course; for points Old Navy / Gap gift cards as well as some discounted ones from the catalogue; their mom will love that.
Thank you, AARP Rewards, for helping make this so longed for and joyous trip more affordable!
Hi! My Downs syndrome Son has never been to Disneyland. I would love to take my husband and son to this park for a fun time. I could use the travel money for the tickets to the park. My son is the best and I know he would love it!
Hello My Husband and I want to renew our wedding vows on a cruise to Mexico. He's retiring after 30 years as a essential worker in the field of Addiction. Twenty five years ago we eloped. I renewed AARP until 2024 so hopefully we can save up points to use for the cruise. God willing it happen.
My husband and I are hoping to finally take another cruise. We have 4 grandchildren so I am constantly on the go. I would love the time to rest and clear my head from all the madness happening around us. I will use the AARP travel site to help me pick a location, date. etc.
I've actually traveled a bit, but this time it will be a longer trip - road trip with a friend down to the vrbo house we booked in Florida on the gulf coast where I've never been before. We're staying with her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend, but they have their own plans so we'll be able to wander about and take our time on the way down and back and stop at all the little quaint places and roadside attractions at our leisure. I can't wait to see where else my AARP card will be used, state to state as we go! I hope everyone on here has a wonderful summer getting out and about too.
My husband and I have spent the last several years caring for aging parents and adult children, so have not been able to travel at all. We will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary in 2024, so we first have to purchase a newer vehicle (ours is a 2005), and then we plan to travel to locate our ideal retirement destination to where we might move in a few years. We would use the rewards to help with that trip. It's time for the two of us to travel and have some fun!
We're treating our nephews and their spouses to an Alaska cruise tour as a thank you for the ongoing assistance they provide us in our senior years. At age 89, my husband has had to relinquish some of his chores to the younger generation, and our nephews and their wives have stepped up to the plate by cutting, splitting, and stacking our winter supply of firewood, hanging shades on our screened porch, laying pavers, and so much more. We have been fortunate to travel a great deal including taking two trips to Alaska. They, on the other hand, have rarely left our state, and, as lovers of the outdoors, they are thrilled with the prospect of exploring the last frontier, spectacular Alaska! I am using rewards points to accumulate gift cards to apply toward our flight and cruise bookings.
This is so wonderful. Not only that you are gifting your nephews and their wives, but also the fact that they are their for you. That is a blessing when so many seniors have no one to help out. I'm proud of them (and I don't even know them) and I'm happy for you.
AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Help
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
New Feature: Theater Mode supports a full-width gameplay experience on laptop and desktop. Try it out today on these AARP Rewards-badged favorites: Daily Crossword, Right Again! Trivia, and Let’s Crossword! Try it out today!
Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync now.
From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.