Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 71 of 342

I lived in Phoenix AZ in my school years and early working career years.  Had to move to neighboring New Mexico for my career in my mid 20's.  Always thought I would return.  Well, over time the Phoenix area has become a huge overcrowded mess of a place!   Lot's of crime, high taxes, high cost of living, etc.  New Mexico, not much better, live near Albuquerque now and although I like our community alright the crime rate has increased over 250% in the past 10 years.  Drug use, theft, murder, all of it is out of control.  Lots of gangs from South America (think MS 13, yes they are here folks!).  So I am looking to get out! 

We have family in the Branson MO area, we have visited there many times and love it!  Sure, the weather can be a pain but same goes for the southwest.  I watch the weather between the both and quite frankly they aren't that different tempurature wise most of the time!  Big difference is dry in the southwest, humid in the midwest!  I think it is a good enough trade for somewhere that I probably will not need an electified fence around my porperty to keep out the vermin!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 342

Where do you live in the southwest?  We live in the Ozarks in Arkansas. We have wondered how it would be in Arizona. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 342

Well, me and the wife are headed for southwestern Missouri ourselves.  Going to the Ozark mountains.  Have lived in the southwest for most of our lives and cannot stand what it has become!  Shame really as it used to be wonderful place.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 342

Colorado Springs

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 342

We were thinking about retiring in or about Clinton Missouri. 

We cuttently live live in Illinois and are trying to wait patiently to get out of this state. 

Is Missouri a pension friendly state? 

Thank you,

DeeAnn 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 342

I live in OH. I am considering my options for FL. I would like to come back to OH with family for the summers. I am looking at 55 and over living within a modest budget. I have very little savings.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 342

Near my children.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 342

Bucharest, Romania

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 342

@SirPeterlor57 wrote:

When I retire, either early or later, I would like to move to Montana. I lived there before, for 3 years and I loved it. I've been an over-the-road truck driver and driven through all 48 states. I've seen so many beautiful areas, but I believe Montana has the best. 

I'll be turning 60 in 3.5 days(12/08) and looking forward to it.

Happy Birthday. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 342

When I retire, either early or later, I would like to move to Montana. I lived there before, for 3 years and I loved it. I've been an over-the-road truck driver and driven through all 48 states. I've seen so many beautiful areas, but I believe Montana has the best. 

I'll be turning 60 in 3.5 days(12/08) and looking forward to it.

Peter Sabo
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season