Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Instant Wins - Clarity

Thank you all for your feedback on our new Instant Win games. We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies for the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.

Once the discrepancies are addressed, the winning visualizations will be as follows:

• For the Slot Machine game, a winning result is three gift card images in a row
  • For the Tile Shuffle game, a winning result is three gift card images in the top, horizontal row only

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

The games are working well now, thanks! Fun to play, too.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Great, enjoy and have fun playing your games! -Carla S.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

This problem was acknowledged 20 Days ago and it isn't fixed yet? Sorry Terri, go back to the old code, back charge for the vendor for the defective software, and make your members whole that got these messages, including my wife yesterday, on 3/23 at 2:58 AM east coast.

Otherwise, everyday we go on, we are playing on defective games. 

Those that know me from other boards, no that I am not the type to complain but really.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/24/24) @LesL269823 , I wish @AARPTeri could change things for us as I have found her very helpful. Always responded to my PMs in the past. I have a feeling, may be wrong - but with them now using @AARPConsumerCare  [about 10 different employees is using this account to reply to us, check different names at bottom of EACH response] to give "generic responses" {we use to receive really caring help from @AARPJanelleM another awesome employee} - AARP is "removing" the "personal & caring" from their interactions. So members NOW either do things this "new" way or waste time "complaining". Selling ads makes money for AARP and I guess they need it.  🙄  Sad such a large organization no longer cares...  👵

[*** LES @LesL269823 wrote:

This problem was acknowledged 20 Days ago and it isn't fixed yet? Sorry Terri, go back to the old code, back charge for the vendor for the defective software, and make your members whole that got these messages, including my wife yesterday, on 3/23 at 2:58 AM east coast.

Otherwise, everyday we go on, we are playing on defective games. 

Those that know me from other boards, no that I am not the type to complain but really. ***]

Silver Conversationalist

AARPTeri and AARPConsumerCare and a few paying members in this forum have really tried to make it crystal clear what it takes to have an INSTANT WIN with this new format.

I don't understand why there are so many individuals thinking they have won on the slot game when it has been explained over and over that you

MUST HAVE THE FOURTH IMAGE AT THE TOP OF THE REELS  

Here is my attempt to visually show what it takes to win at this new Instant Win Game.

This is not rocket science folks. 

You do see the tile at the top RIGHT ???You do see the tile at the top RIGHT ???

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus  So, is this a 'visual issue?' A 3-in-a-row with a 4th card? Or, a 3-in-a-row?  😉  Win/lose, it's the same thing as before, but with a broken animation over the top. 

@AARPTeri wrote ‎03-15-2024 08:38 AM:

Rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.  We are working on resolving the visual issues.

No further 'clarity' is available from AARP at this time. 'Rest assured, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.' A confidence builder. Go team!  😝

@rednexsrus wrote:

AARPTeri and AARPConsumerCare and a few paying members in this forum have really tried to make it crystal clear what it takes to have an INSTANT WIN with this new format.

I don't understand why there are so many individuals thinking they have won on the slot game when it has been explained over and over that you

MUST HAVE THE FOURTH IMAGE AT THE TOP OF THE REELS  

Here is my attempt to visually show what it takes to win at this new Instant Win Game.

This is not rocket science folks. 

You do see the tile at the top RIGHT ???You do see the tile at the top RIGHT ???

Conversationalist

Perhaps I missed that post where AARPTeri and AARPConsumerCare relay the fourth image display in their explanation of what a winner is.  I very much appreciate that a member/user put two and two together and posted this. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @BeachGirl23 

On another thread, a member posted a winning visual of a slot machine win.  There was a 4th pop-up gift card on top of the slot machine in addition to "You're a winner" message below the slot machine.  AARP has not officially mentioned the 4th pop-up gift card as the winning visual, however, I believe it is the winning visual that comes with the "You're a Winner" message below the game.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

@JoLo49 Good morning Jolene 🌻🌼

I was going to message you and ask about what is a win in the tile shuffle game ( you posted an explanation a few months ago)

but I got LUCKY and found my answer in the best way possible

lucyp

IMG_0496.png

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Congrats, Lucy!  Thanks for posting your win. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hey Lucy! @rednexsrus

CONGRATS!

Good for you!

I’m still waiting on my cupcakes,

I WON CUPCAKES!!...I want my cupcakes,..NOW! LOL!!.JPG

presents

I WANT MY PRESENTS NOW! HAHAAAA.JPG& trophy’s

win.JPG...LOL!

As always... Take care!

☮️  🌄  ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Contributor

Twice I have won with 3 in a row, but said I did not win.  It took my points.  It's not a huge deal that the game does not work, but then just take it down until its fixed.  (It is making me wonder if I am getting my entrances in the larger sweepstakes that I enter everyday)

Regina L.

Conversationalist

If they are not winning, it seems the player who gets 3 in a row (of anything, not just gift cards), should not have to pay for that play. That is the 50 points will not be deducted from their account.

Doing this would add interest to the game. As it is right now, when the player sees they did not get a gift card on the first cylinder, there is no incentive to watch the rest of the game. I just X out of the game. If there was a chance that the play would be free, I would stick around to see what the other 2 cylinders land on. 

Community Concierge

Hi BeachGirl23!  You will want to let it finish spinning. The win/loss is under the picture. We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies in the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Rest assured, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPConsumerCare wrote:

Hi BeachGirl23!  You will want to let it finish spinning. The win/loss is under the picture. We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies in the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Rest assured, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game. -Sue J

Am I to understand that regardless of whatever appears in the 3 reels if admin chooses, they can declare whatever

appears in the 3 reels as a winner.

the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game. -Sue J 

There is no mention by Sue J of the fourth image above the reels ??????

visual discrepancies what does that really mean.

lucyp061351
Trusted Contributor

If the first column of the slot machine doesn't stop at the gift card you are trying to win, then the anticipation of winning is gone and you don't need to wait for the slot machine to finish spinning.  You will already know the outcome of losing before the "Sorry, you didn't win" message comes up. 

Conversationalist

Exactly!!

Conversationalist

Thank you, Sue. Are you saying I can get a daisy on the left hand most cylinder, a gift card on the middle one, and a AARP logo on the right hand third cylinder and still win? That the text below the game may say it is a winning spin? I'm just trying to understand how this works and why I would hang around for the middle and right hand cylinder to complete if the left hand cylinder did not have a gift card result. If what is displayed on the cylinders don't matter, but only the text does, then I will hang around for the display. Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Yet another disappointing fake win:applebees.jpg

Periodic Contributor

I just played the Applebee's Instant win game today and won. it also told me, "Sorry you didn't win."  So the game is still not working correctly but is up there to play and waste your points. Bring back the old way if this new slots game isn't going to work.

Community Concierge

@seagull22  I understand and we're sorry for the confusion! We are working to resolve the visual discrepancies in the outcome of the games as quickly as possible. As you continue to play, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game. In the meantime, I have refunded the points you used to play this Instant Win. Thanks for being a loyal AARP Rewards member!  Jodee R. 

Regular Contributor

I propose that while the software is being fixed, that BOTH players who get three matching pictures and a "you won" AND players who get three matching pictures and a "you didn't win" should get gift certificates...just as a gesture of Good Will on the behalf of AARP.

Silver Conversationalist

AARP will probably not award those with only 3 matches in a row because there have been too many of us who got the dreaded "almost" 3 match win.  An additional 4th pop-up gift card on top of the slot machine needs to appear to be a winner.  Hope AARP will fix ASAP or consider going back to the old version of Instant Win games.  It appears the tile shuffle games have been discontinued, so the slot games should also be discontinued.

Regular Contributor

Here is feedback requested by AARPTeri. Pictures say "won" but message says "sorry you didn't win":

t j maxx discrepancy between pics and not won.jpg

Silver Conversationalist

@KristBelt 

I got 3 cupcakes in a row, but was not a winning visual.  I also got 3 Dominos Pizza in a row playing the Dominos Instant Win,  and again, did not win.   For the TJ Maxx Instant win, you need to have 3 matching TJ Maxx gift cards in a row, in addition to a 4th pop-up TJ Maxx gift card on top of the slot machine to be a winner. 

Conversationalist

Would it be possible to just go back to the old way of playing the Instant Wins? This new way is not fun and a waste of time as now we have to wait for it to load, then start the play, then you know right away that you didn't win when the first item on the left is not the logo/card for that business. There is no need to wait for the other 2 cylinders to complete spinning as you know right away that you lost. Again a waste of time for those of us playing. 

It really is not fun and most certainly is no incentive for any of us to 'play'. Please pass this along to the powers that be and/or whoever thought this was a good idea. Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Yes! Not fun. Let's go back to old way of playing. 

Periodic Contributor

1000002057.jpg

Was kind of smiling for a moment, go figure. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh! And another thing... Feeling Yucky? 😉

ah um.png

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP