Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Has Everyone Received Their Redeemed Gift Cards?

Silver Conversationalist

Has Everyone Received Their Redeemed Gift Cards?

I was wondering if anyone who has redeemed points or purchased gift cards recently have received them.   There have been numerous posts on the forum of not receiving the confirmation emails for the gift cards.   If there are still issues with receiving the gift cards, I will wait and hold off purchasing the gift cards until the system is fixed.  Thanks in advance for your replies.

Conversationalist

Folks, this post is from June 2021 and things have improved. If I have a rewards issue I call the Rewards dept at 866-451-6305. 

The issue I have is the link to a rewards is broken after six months and I have to call to get it sent again. I have several redemptions (emails) saved on my computer but they don't last when I go to redeem them to print them.

Karyn
Silver Conversationalist

Hi JoLo

When it comes to the Carnival Gift Cards, it will never get fixed.

For the life of me I can't understand why members and non-members alike would attempt to purchase these discount cards from this website. Just read the nightmare stories posted in this forum.

Just Saying 

The old saying " BUYER BEWARE" was never more true

lucyp061351
Contributor

I have purchased 8 of them since last week and got them to my email within 10 minutes. My cousin card didn't come but when she called customer service they resent it to her and stayed on the phone until she got it.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Do they email the gift card or mail it?

Honored Social Butterfly

Email.

Contributor

I have purchased a few gift cards and have not had any issues up until today.  

I ordered a Carnival Gift Card and did not receive it. When I inquired, I was told that the wait would be 3-5 days for someone to contact me via email. 

I'm not impressed with this response and depending on how long it takes to resolve the issue will determine if I make future purchases. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello, did you ever receive your gift card? I just purchased mine, and was expecting to at least receive an email confirmation, but have not yet. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I ordered a 25 dollar buy buy baby gift card on january 22 2023 and my credit card was charged 23 dollars. Ive called 866-451-6305 many times they elevated the issue to another department as after five days still no gift card!! apparently the switch did not work so no gift card was sent!!! Ive called so many times that all the customer care reps know my name without even saying anything!!I received a call from Justin 877-634-8313 advising me to call him back so I called but I was advised they leave earlier so now Im going into day 6 I left several messages to please just send the 25 dollar buy buy baby gift card issue a refund or send another gift card so I dont have to spend alot of time on this as my phone was off when Justin left the message as I was working!! I was even resent the wrong gift card today a baby depot gift card I received for points!! I really hope I can resolve the matter without alot more time and effort. All Im trying to do is get the 25 dollar buy buy baby gift card!!or a refund or another gift card!! JOHN NORTHCUTT

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello!!I still did not receive anything as of today february 4 !! its been thirteen days since I placed the order!!I hope someone can look and be sure its been resolved. I was told it would be sent by priority mail is there a way ro get a tracking number if it was sent by priority mail on jan 30 as was promised?? thank you 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Im hoping the gift card is in the mail Im starting to think after almost two weeks I just hope all this effort is not just an exercise in futility!! I received an e-mail from lauren in customer care stating on january 30th they were sent by priority mail Im hoping they arrive as Its usually only 3-4 days by priority mail Justin said they would go out quickly Is there a way to have the tracking number so I can know when to expect the shipment??I sent Lauren an e-mail asking for the tracking number but she has not responded as yet Please let me know after two weeks since I ordered the gift card Im hoping things re in order as Lauren said I might receive an empty mailing !!!!!!!! in her e-mail but that the cards went out priority mail on january 30!!!!!Can I please have rhe tracking number of the priority mail sent on january 30 ?????? PLEASE!!!!! its now sunday feb 5 th exactly two weeks and no nothing no gift card no return e-mail but my credit card was charged instantly so much time trying to straighten this out Im just hoping all is not lost!! im hoping its not an exercise in futility!!I never seen so many things go wrong just to save 2 dollars on a gift card !!! please let me know thank you John Northcutt     [personal information removed: please do not post personal information in public areas of the community] please please let me know 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@pomeranian245 I reviewed your case and I see the estimated delivery date for the gift card is Feb 11. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the tracking details. Please reach out to Lauren via email or the phone # she provided for an update. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@pomeranian245 I'm so sorry for the 3-5 business day timeframe for the escalations to be completed. We require this time to allow our escalations team to investigate the matter fully. I've reviewed your account and I see you were able to reach a resolution with Justin. We're always here to help if you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Super Contributor

I have never had any problems receiving redeemed or purchased gift cards. They usually show up in my email within 10 minutes or less although there were a couple times it may have taken 15-20 mins before they arrived. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I hope everyone has received their redeemed gift cards.  I was able to redeem my points for a gift card this week and received the email confirmation soon after with the link for the gift card.  It appears the earlier issues have been resolved.

Contributor

Had a problem last night. Was trying to use for CVS online. Eventually got the email. Once I did get it AARP couldn't understand why CVS wasn't accepting it. Turns out you can't use egift cards on online orders, even though they show a spot for the pin. Waste of money since I can only use in store & the savings now cost me more than the gas.

Andrea Grill

Usually how long will they arrive? Thx

Conversationalist

Usually the e-gift cards arrive within a few minutes after completing the transaction. Sometimes a couple of hours. My experience is that if they don't come within a few hours (and I have checked the spam folder of course in case they have strayed there), I need to alert Customer Service. 

Contributor

I didn't receive my Amazon gift card I redeemed on June 1.

Contributor

I have not received my Amazon gift card I redeemed on June !.

Regular Contributor

No

Community Manager
Community Manager

@like92115 - when did you redeem?  Would love to help you if you can either post here I can follow up or call our AARP Rewards customer service at 1-866-451-6305, Weekdays 7am- 11pm ET

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, everyone should have received their gift cards.  We email them on Friday and did hear back from a few confirming it.  (You can also see they posted on this thread that they received them - https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Gift-Cards-Never-Showed-Up/m-p/2412327#M3318)

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

I purchased a $10  Domino's gift card on 6/18/21/ an got a blank email from aarp rewards. Emailed consumer care but have not heard anything.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

It appears most have not confirmed receiving their gift cards, so hopefully, everyone did get them. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

I'm embarrassed to ask this, but what gift card?

Wanjiru Warama
Silver Conversationalist

@WanjirusBits 

There are numerous gifts cards on the AARP Rewards redemption page that can be either purchased or redeemed using earned points, however, many people posted that after purchase or redemption of points, they did not receive the e-gift cards.  I was checking to see if the issues have been resolved. before I purchase or redeem my points for the gift cards.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you.

Wanjiru Warama
Regular Contributor

I have always gotten mine almost right away, do a few each month

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP