Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 1 of 64

OptumRx is the WORST pharmacy we have ever dealt with. They are minimally competent. I would advise everyone to stay away from this company.  They seems to have little to no quality control. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 64

You’re right. In my previous experience working in the medical field getting prior authorizations for medication, all the pharmacist has to do is provide the insurance company with the ICD 10 code, which is the diagnosis code, and Medicaid usually will pay, at least in California. You also don’t have to use your insurance and look for a pharmaciy that takes Good Rx with a low co pay. You can save hundreds of dollars, seriously. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 64

Good Rx is a wonderful service! Thank you for mentioning it. I think you still need to be enrolled in a Medicare D program in general but I’m going to sign up with the one that has the cheapest premium and use Good Rx as well. Too bad insurance companies rip off seniors, it’s a disgrace! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 64

I totally agree with you!! I spent 45 minutes with customer service and a pharmacist on the phone today. I am in the middle of choosing a Medicare D provider and I was appalled at what I was told. I just retired and I worked in the medical field for over 25 years. One of my jobs was to get prior authorization for patients mediation so I know the ropes and what constitutes good medical care. I take a particular medication and one of companies who manufactures it makes a product that causes side effects and makes me sick. I was told I had no choice of pharmaceutical companies to choose from. I would get whatever they had on hand for the day or week or whatever!  I asked if it mattered if it made me sick and was told I could try to get a prior authorization for brand name. Ha ha... what a joke. Medicare will not pay for brand names, even if you’re dying on the street and even if the medication is brand name only. You have no idea how long I have spent on the phone arguing with an idiot or idiots who want to practice medicine without a license and give someone something THEY think would be an appropriate substitute. No no! I spoke to Express Scripts today and they take these things into consideration and had more than 6 pharmaceutical companies to choose from. I’m not sure how their prior authorizations go because Medicare keeps changing their formularies but I’ll go with a company who cares if I get heart palpitations from a medication and have a pacemaker anytime! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 64

I have had it with this company!  Briova Rx was magnificent in their caring, meticulous handling of my mail order prescriptions, my pharmacy questions and truly caring about my physical ( and emotional!) well being. The opposite is true of Optum.  Among the problems I have encountered:

1) Overcharged $200. for a prescription TWO years ago....14 phone calls...promised tracking #’s then giving me a Reference #...with no follow up. Another 1 hour and 17 minutes of my life just now only to receive yet another Ref#.,

2) OptumRx CHANGED my doctor’s prescription order!  The amount of medication...and, of course, the price.

3) Orders promised, not received.  The required equipment to use this medication...not received.  

I would not only advise everyone to stay away, I would urge those of you who have been duped into using Optus (rather than companies like BriovaRX,) to send Op-Ed’s to newspapers, to Medicare, to your local representatives.  

This is company needs to be shut down immediately!!  Needless to say, I will be changing prescription drug plans this fall.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 64

Seriously? In my opinion the only way Optumrx can help is to close up shop and let us deal with honest pharmacies like CVS and Express. You are the worst 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 64

The WORST pharmacy ever. Refused to refill a prescription and flat out lied to me about trying to contact me and the doctor. I’ve had nothing but trouble with them since my first encounter. Horrible horrible company. Someone should investigate them. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 64

My doctor prescribed a medication which was very pricey and I was able to use Optum Rx to find an alternate more affordable medication. I am sure it helped that   my Optum Rx profile is set not to autofill any prescription  but to wait for me to make an order.  I was able to take the information I got from Oprum Rx back to my doctor and got him to change my prescription to the cheaper medicaiton.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 64
same thing happened to me.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 64

I am totally fed up with this company. Will be changing Part D in October. Have had this company for 3 years. They have screwed up more scripts than I can count. I have spent endless hours with them and United healthcare. They are all the same outfit. STAY AWAY is correct. They have billed my card when not approved to. Caused overdrafts in my bank. Sent drugs when not ordered. Now there is a disputed charge and they said they would remove but will not. Bad outfil all around. AARP should be better at helping us sort this out. Get a new company. Things really went downhill more with Optima in the past 6 months. So something has changed there..Whether foreign drugs or mismanagement.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors