From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 31 of 63

I am a long time AARP member but also a Health Insurance for Medicare agent & I sell only Med Supps as well as Part D Rx Drug Plans. This being the case, one of the health insurance companies I represent is UnitedHealthcare for the past 9 years.  I am curious as to what kind of problem you have been having with which I assume is UnitedHealthcare's Mail Order Pharmacy Rx OPTUM Rx and when you call UHc's membership desk & explain the problem, what is their response?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 63

My recommendation:

Start calling United Healthcare AARP enrollment line in your state. Let them know you will NOT be renewing.

Additionally, I am starting to wonder if they are in violation of Medicare rules. Does anyone know an attorney or an advocate agency? 

It won't let me paste link. Search Modern healthcare CMS fines 17 rx...... it lists MN UHC in that article. 

Even if they have an agreement on their website or app agreements to terms to use, if they do not let you OPT out of prescriptions:

1. YOU didn't approve and/or you did NOT give dr authorization to do so,

2. or they told me by not keeping credit card on file then no rx would be sent (baloney they did anyway), they told me to follow their rules BUT didn't matter.

I think they are violating rules! 

I didn't renew. Call YOUR local MEDICARE AARP line and start to complain. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 63

Twice OptumRx has sent medications to my husband and I that have not been requested.  Today my husband received a text message that OptumRx had reached out to his doctor and sent a refill of a medication that he has plenty of and did not order.  He called Optum and, after listening to a recorded sales pitch, tried to tell the rep that he did not request and does not want this medication. She wouldn't listen, kept talking over him, and to top it off, kept calling him "Ma'm" because his name is Dana.  Needless to say, sending medications not requested and billing Medicare should be a fraululent activity and I think they try to get away with it.  The deductible for this will be declined through our credit card company and the medication will be refused and sent back to Optum.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 63

So I went down the rabbit hole and tried to discuss why the formulary was changed so that previously covered drugs were no longer covered. All I can say to you is that the almost 2 hrs being bounced around United Healthcare (OptumRx) got me nowhere. They want their money and they dont care about you.

As an fyi I should have done my due diligence better and compared companies on my drugs.....shame on me for not being better informed. SHAME on AARP for not having the seniors backs and stepping up not just on this but all of the take aways United Healthcare did....silver sneakers etc......

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 63

@timlay wrote:
You can't use good rx if your on Medicare/Medicaid.

Yes, you can. I use it quite often

Bark less. Wag more.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 63

Michelle,

The problem is when they don't notify us that the price has gone up. They just send it and bill our credit cards,then refuse to take the medicine back. Now we have to fight with Optum rx and credit companies. Optum should have it set so if the price is higher than previously paid,it sends a robo call to ask if we still want it. They know this.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 63

😩 bad idea here but i like readimg these. I am an advocate with optumrx. I read these so i can anonymously send management tickets on what wr can do better. I agree with some of this. But pricing wise please know we get prices from the insurance and they tell us what youll pay. Just know im here to express these concerns! Im so so sorry yall were not treated right!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 63

Im so sorry you had to deal with this. Please be advised that they arent aware of pricing until the order is booked or price check is ran. Its all based off insurance and when the evaluate meds. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 63

Hi, I'm Greg and have been disabled since 2012. I had no other but to use SSDI due to moving from N.Y. to S.D. and osing my Health Ins. and clould not pay enough to get another company to pick me up. I wasn't even able to join S.D. risk pool due to prior condition ( L-4,L-5 ) fusion. I have so many problems here with the system here and recently presciption refills even with prior auths. I only last week found out from a Nurse trying to help me have my regular medications refilled that OptumRx is contracted by S.D. for mdication refills. I'm stepping into a huge mess at the moment because there is no accountability from anyone. Social Security is stone walling me as well as this " company" .I have only now also found an Advocacy group out here but they seem unsure as they have " never heard " of what's going on. This term is all I seem to hear.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 63

I agree. Not ONLY the credit card issue, there are soooo many other issues. Here is a review I wrote today on Yelp.

===

It will be with GREAT HAPPINESS when my year with OptumRx is done. They are the WORST PBM I have ever had to deal with. Their customer services reps are rude, condescending, do not understand customer service, and SPEW POLICY. Anytime a company has to cite, lecture and preach policy, it means they have NO CONCEPT of customer service.

Please understand, I worked in operations, sales, marketing, account services, etc. Within healthcare INCLUDING managing call centers. I also understand EOB, EOC, SPD, and as a member services supervisor I had to understand HUNDREDS OF PAGES of policy. Then HUNDREDS of different customer plans.

I am so thoroughly DISGUSTED with this PBM. AND one of the reps when I asked if I was allowed to speak, she then said yes. Then she went on to tell me about MUTUAL respect on the call. Again, I managed call centers in various industries. I also managed the call center Technology. As well as manged telecommunications. I manged restaurants, I waited tables. I have worked front line positions. I have worked I retail. In other words, they believe I have NO CONCEPT of mutual respect. Then MANAGEMENT NEVER even contacted me when this company completed screwed up. NOTE: I also reported to VPs and interfaced and routinely worked with EVP and C level individuals.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera