WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 1 of 57

My doctor prescribed a medication which was very pricey and I was able to use Optum Rx to find an alternate more affordable medication. I am sure it helped that   my Optum Rx profile is set not to autofill any prescription  but to wait for me to make an order.  I was able to take the information I got from Oprum Rx back to my doctor and got him to change my prescription to the cheaper medicaiton.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 57
same thing happened to me.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 57

I am totally fed up with this company. Will be changing Part D in October. Have had this company for 3 years. They have screwed up more scripts than I can count. I have spent endless hours with them and United healthcare. They are all the same outfit. STAY AWAY is correct. They have billed my card when not approved to. Caused overdrafts in my bank. Sent drugs when not ordered. Now there is a disputed charge and they said they would remove but will not. Bad outfil all around. AARP should be better at helping us sort this out. Get a new company. Things really went downhill more with Optima in the past 6 months. So something has changed there..Whether foreign drugs or mismanagement.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 57

as was reported in the news, a lot of generics are coming in from China and some from India. The FDA is not monitoring the situation enough. Generics have skyrocketed in price, and they are often inferior if coming from foreign countries. I also have noticed that my pharmacy has gone to a new supplier of generics, and I feel like my blood pressure medicine has stopped working also. The problem is no one tells us which generic is coming from where? We are forced to buy generics when the brand name is more effective. the FTC needs to investicate. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 57

Has anyone had a problem with receiving a bad batch of drugs? I switched to Optum after joining United Healthcare a year ago, to save money. I receive two drugs from them, one a name brand which I haven't had any issues with. The other is atenolol/chlorthalidone, a generic med which I've taken for years and had no problem with (combination blood pressure and diuretic med).  At the same time as my last refill of atenolol, I noticed that it had basically stopped working....my blood pressure shot up and my feet started swelling badly. I went to my doctor and got a different prescription for both ailments, filled them locally, and they cured the problems immediately. This has me really wondering, since it's quite a coincidence that both drugs so immediately stopped working just as I switched to this new refill. Hopefully a coincidence is all it is, but being a generic and very likely coming from some third-world country, I'm really wondering if I got a refill of either expired meds or not what they were advertised to be.........  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 57

Fully agree -- the service has deteriorated sharply.   Instead of fulfilling my recent oprder, AOPTUM RX cancelled the entire prescription!

Back to your neighborhood pharmacy!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 57

I do NOT think AARP cares.

1. Look at Wikipedia, AARP undercut having a better universal healthcare for citizens. I don't believe in a single payer system for many reasons (1st of all the other options FUND Medicare's shortfalls).

2. They are a marketing company. Even with their Tax-aide program, they are now collecting more and more data FROM YOU. 

BEWARE OF AARP. I am not a member anymore.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 57
Totally agree with all! This company is horribly inefficient. Something needs to be done.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 57

I just had another nightmare experience with Optus RX. Without a doubt, they are the most woefully inadequately run business ever. Hours on the phone with people who cannot answer questions. Here was my question...would you please email me instead of calling me when you need prior approval? The answer was ‘I’m not sure.’ No kidding, the idiot actually said that. I am absolutely outdone with them. But it appears we have no recourse. What would it take to get support from AARP on this?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 57

I have just had yet another unpleasant, time consuming and frustrating experience on the phone with optum.  In the last 2 months there have been so many, it has consumed a total of 20 hours, with no resolutions.  I have even called United Health Care to try to give them feedback on the lack of accuracy, efficiency, and resolution  in the information they give their customers.  There have been more instances than I can recount here.  After spending yet another hour on the phone with UHC trying to straighten out a mess optum made of my statin and blood pressure meds, I gave up and decided to hit the on line sites to give accounts of their horrible service.  One of the last encounters even consisted of an employee asking me if I had ever talked to him before.  I said no and he said there are 10,000 empIoyees at optum and how should he know what any of them had told me in the past. I should give him a chance to solve my problem.  When I told him the problem he said I had called the wrong #, (Even though I was transfered to him by another optum employee) and he hung up on me.  This after I waited 45 moniutes on hold to talk to a human.  I was surprised to see how many reports of similar issues other people have had.  While it was reassuring that I wasn't crazy and not alone in this pain, I was disgusted that they continue to get away with this horrible service.

Buyer beware!  Don't use them!  They can't get it right.  And we are the ones that suffer.  Also, shame on United Healthcare for associating with them and using them to manage their prescription plan.  And Shame on AARP for having their name used in connection with them.

In this day of on line ordering and impersonal purchasing, the loops that are built into this system are trapping the consumer, giving us no way to resolve problems, talk to coherant human beings and removing our ability to problem solve.  What a sad state for all of us.

Kudos
Views