Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Welcome to the Online Community!

Message 11 of 23

Hello,

I am a caregiver for my daughter, she is now 26 and has been severly Autistic all of her life. She was diagnosed at 3 years old and I have been her Mother, only Friend, Nurse, Teacher and Caregiver all of those years. At 20 she started having Seizures and then a year later started have Thyroid problems related to the medication she is on for the seizures. My life is full but I don't regret one moment of my time spent with her. Life was hard for many years and now in some ways it is easier because she is older and I am wiser with how I plan things. My sweet girl has taught me way more than I could ever teach her and I love her so much for it. Thanks for having me here and my heart goes out to all of the other caregivers, its hard but rewarding. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 23

Hello, just wondering if anyone out there has gotten a BAD/UNUSABLE gift card from the "Rewards For Good" Sweepstakes that AARP offers for members to purchase w/ their points they receive for doing alot of questionaires??????

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 23

I look forward to reading inspiring stories here..I'm still finding my place

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 23

Thanks for your post. I'm interested in many of the same things and have written a memoir which covers many of the same issues along my own path as a seventy-five year old who has been a gypsy performing songwriter for almost fifty years. Peace and blessings,
Jesse McRae

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 23

Hi @donnac297992, Welcome to the forums! Look around, feel free to start your own conversations, and let us know if you have any questions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 23
My name is Donna I recently retired and have extra time to read the forums. My husband(still working)and I enjoy camping and walking.
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 23

@vw9130 Hello and welcome. You've come to the correct place to connect with others who share the same interests. Based on what you're telling us, you might want to check out these areas of the community:

Also feel free to start your own conversations. I know many others have expressed their interest in cooking too.

Again, welcome and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Vicki
AARP Online Community Team

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 23

Hello online community! I would like to connect with people who love the road particularly the highway. My hobbies include photography, traveling/transportation, cooking/culinary; serving/hospitality and technology. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 23

Welcome @the9barbarians! We look forward to reading your future posts as you explore the online community here.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 23

Hello to everyone.

I'm so happy I found this particular page on the AARP website. It'll be nice to see what others are doing and saying at this wiser, more experienced, and maybe more focused stage of our lives! Like everybody, I guess, I have my nagging regrets, the same old bad (stubborn) habits, a couple of dreams that went up in smoke, and a wealth of opinions. But I'm still at work on myself, still on a path of hope, and a day at a time praying I meet each person with grace and an open mind. Fortunately, I have my extended family members very nearby, my church, and some ability to turn out a fairly decent poem or drawing once in a while. Of course I also have my share of medical and financial, and sometimes personal, difficulties. Hearing what others have to say about their own situations will definitely help. And maybe what I might say will be of use to someone else.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors