Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 34

Hello, I'm Debbie. Glad to be here. I've been married to a great man for 39 years now. We have 4 girls and one boy which is the youngest. We have 14 grandchildern and 1 great grandchild on the way. Our youngest grandchild is 2 and he's our  everything. So much like our son at that age.

We live in a small town in Missouri. It used to be considered the country but it's booming, sometimes too fast for me. I love working in my flower beds and my house plants. I enjoy cooking and taking of my home and our kids.

I worked as a Supervisor in the Housekeeping department at a hospital and love every minute of it. All the co-workers in every department are Awesome people. It's like one big happy family. Everybody knows everybody. My staff are the greatest people you would ever know and Yes, I'm very proud of each of them.

I do have small, very smallhealth issues but it's nothing that gets me down or keeps me from enjoying family and just life.

But anyway, glad I'm here.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 34

Hi Lana,

I'm TL, I'm sorry for your loss and hope you are coping OK.  Are you alone now or do you have friends and family available?   I "lost" my Significant Other recently too, - but not due to his passing.  We had been together for over 20 years, but there just didn't seem to be any point anymore as he was very self-centered and rarely made any space in his life for others, including me, so I just called quits.  So much for growing old together and helping one another out in our old age!  Were you married for a long time?  Where do you live? 

I like animals too - my favorites are cats - and nature, gardening, walks in the park, and shopping as well - although where I live now there's not much shopping available UNFORTUNATELY!! 

I'm kind of bored trying to find something to do all day; I retired at the same time I split up from my ex.  (This town is a lot smaller than where I used to live with him.)  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 34

Hi @diandollion 

Welcome to the online community! Glad you found us! There are lots of interesting discussions happening in various forums. Some you might want to check out: Dogs, Cats, and Pets; Rock N' Roll; and Retirement.

Let us know if you have any questions as you explore.

Vicki

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 34

Hello to the community.

I've been coming to this site for many years to gain info  and have just realized this community is here.

lol

Anxious to read all your posts and may join in from time to time 🙂

My interests are all over the place from animal lover to music lover to trying to find a good place in the country for a permanent roost.

HA!

Hoping to have fun with you all.

*smile*

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 34

Hi @IrishGal3247,

You're not allowed to post your email for security reasons (removed on your other post), but people can send you a direct message here by clicking on your name, then clicking "Send this user a private message" on the right side under Contact Me. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Good luck, and welcome to the online community! 

Vicki

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 34

Hi, I'm new to this and see some people saying they want "pen pals" and others saying they would like to connect and make friends.  I'm interested in corresponding through e-mail and hopefully making new friends.  I'm a senior gal with adult kids, grandkids and great-grands and when I'm not visiting with them we're talking on the phone or texting as is the case with my personal friends.  However, I have quite a bit of free time and would love to make new friends through e-mail, but don't know if I'm allowed to give my e-mail address on here or how to go about it.  Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks, Irish

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 34

Where are you Lana?

Beatriz Cortes
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 34

By the way, I am Bea, I live in Orlando, I am a Retired teacher reluctant to retired and trying to do something.  Right now I am working in a special project from home and filling all the paper work to be a substitute teacher for Seminole County, from the thousands of papers that I have to fill, I am almost done, witing for the letters of recommendation from abroad, my last job was in London, and my health certificate from my doctor. 

I am originally from Mexico.  I don't have friends, or too many here in Florida and this does not make things easy for me.  My only daughter lives here with her family, so, she keeps me busy helping here with her three kids, 9, 4, and 10 months 🙂

That's all folks, write me, I love to receive letters, LOL

Beatriz Cortes
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 34

It has always been difficult to me to write a response because I get lost where to write the answer, for instance, now if I want to say something to the group in Florida, do I go go especifically to that group? or they will catch-up?

Happy New Year to everybody anyway,

Bea

Beatriz Cortes
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 34

Hi @DaniGoLightly,

Welcome to the community! What interesting work you do! And all three quite different things. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Vicki

Community Manager

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for penpals, dating, or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.

Top Authors