Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: Welcome to the Online Community!

Message 21 of 34

Hi All, Im Dani and new here. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

I'm a National bugler for an organization called Spirit of 45 and NYS Director for a group called Bugles Across America. 

I travel the country  sound TAPS at military funerals. One of the most important things in my life is to make sure that every veteran has a live bugler to give them the proper honors. 

However that is not all I do.

I'm also an FX makeup artist and fabricator. 

Looking forward to meeting you all. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Contributor

Message 22 of 34

Hello,

I am a caregiver for my daughter, she is now 26 and has been severly Autistic all of her life. She was diagnosed at 3 years old and I have been her Mother, only Friend, Nurse, Teacher and Caregiver all of those years. At 20 she started having Seizures and then a year later started have Thyroid problems related to the medication she is on for the seizures. My life is full but I don't regret one moment of my time spent with her. Life was hard for many years and now in some ways it is easier because she is older and I am wiser with how I plan things. My sweet girl has taught me way more than I could ever teach her and I love her so much for it. Thanks for having me here and my heart goes out to all of the other caregivers, its hard but rewarding. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 23 of 34

Hello, just wondering if anyone out there has gotten a BAD/UNUSABLE gift card from the "Rewards For Good" Sweepstakes that AARP offers for members to purchase w/ their points they receive for doing alot of questionaires??????

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 24 of 34

I look forward to reading inspiring stories here..I'm still finding my place

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 25 of 34

Thanks for your post. I'm interested in many of the same things and have written a memoir which covers many of the same issues along my own path as a seventy-five year old who has been a gypsy performing songwriter for almost fifty years. Peace and blessings,
Jesse McRae

Highlighted
Retired Community Manager

Message 26 of 34

Hi @donnac297992, Welcome to the forums! Look around, feel free to start your own conversations, and let us know if you have any questions.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 27 of 34
My name is Donna I recently retired and have extra time to read the forums. My husband(still working)and I enjoy camping and walking.
Highlighted

Message 28 of 34

@vw9130 Hello and welcome. You've come to the correct place to connect with others who share the same interests. Based on what you're telling us, you might want to check out these areas of the community:

Also feel free to start your own conversations. I know many others have expressed their interest in cooking too.

Again, welcome and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Vicki
AARP Online Community Team

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 29 of 34

Hello online community! I would like to connect with people who love the road particularly the highway. My hobbies include photography, traveling/transportation, cooking/culinary; serving/hospitality and technology. 

Highlighted

Message 30 of 34

Welcome @the9barbarians! We look forward to reading your future posts as you explore the online community here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for penpals, dating, or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.