Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Periodic Contributor

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Hi, I'm Mary. I'm new to these threads but am excited by the opportunities to learn and connect.  I love AARP.  I'm very newly retired, live in the midwest, and there are SO MANY opportunities.

If you want to make connections with me and other Newbies, reply to this thread.  I'm seeing many starting individual threads/topics which will make it difficult to connect, just due to shear volume.

Hope to hear from you

Mary
Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

Hello dear precious Moniq.

Sweetie here is my personal email address please contact me there because it's easier than using this site in order for you and I to stay on touch

RickKing73020@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Sincerely Richard 

Periodic Contributor

Hello I'm Richard King and I live in Oklahoma, single and would love to chat sometime.(Post edited to remove personal information)

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I'm Jackie from Washington, DC. Looking forward to meeting lots of new people and having lots of great conversations.

Regular Contributor

Hi Jackie,

Nice to have you in this group....just hope we'll all start chatting/posting more this year.

I imagine it's cold up your way in D.C. now. I'm down here in Georgia , so not very many cold days and no snow .

Wishing all of you a happy, blessed New Year.

Anne

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Anne,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for taking the time to say hello. So far we have had unseasonable warm weather 50/60 degree weather.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello from Georgia. I believe I have introduced myself before , but it's been some time ago.

I would enjoy corresponding with anyone on almost any topic.

I'm a single,  retired school teacher, active lifestyle, appreciate and enjoy my yard, animals, and life/people in general. My two children are grown with great jobs/careers, and I have 4 grandchildren, all of whom I love dearly.

Waiting to hear from you.

Anne

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Anne, so a little about me. I'm retired, 8 years Air Force, 2 years My own business, and many others. the last Job was School Bus Driver. I'm 73. I like fishing, watching wildlife, a little gambling,

Cruses, cooking (just learning). Eazy to get along with. I live on the frozen tundra, or it sometimes seems. LOL....  6 Children, all have their families, 16 Grandchildren, 5 of them are Great. 

Have a Merry Christmas.

Keith 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Keith,
Pleased to meet you here in AARP.
I sent you an email to your direct email address you provided in another post.
Anne from Ga.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This is the first time I am on ANY message board, ever. I think that makes me one heck of a newbie at 64!

I signed up to talk to people about gaming, but I can talk about art because I have been working in ceramic art as a studio potter and sculptor for over 30 years now. Love the clay, love being a master of something.

I can also talk about brain anuerisms because I had one about 8 years ago. Playing some of the games on AARP was part of my plan to survive.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello, my name is Keith, I live in NW Wi. My wife passed 10/5/17. So I moved in with my sister. So HI ya'll. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hello Keith, my name is Mary. I'm so sorry for your loss!! Keep you and yours in my prayers!!

I'm new to all this and trying to learn as I go.

Have Blessed evening and take care.

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
0 Kudos

My name is Gloria Mathis, I live in Westland Mi.Hi everyone

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Gloria,
I image it is cold up your way now.
My one trip to Michigan was enjoyable. ...the Renaissance Center was especially interesting when I braved the height factor and went way up to view the city from top story.
Have you ever been down here to any of the Southern states?
Anne
0 Kudos
Contributor

New here! Hello everyone

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello back to you, DonP
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hey Everyone!  I'm Teresa and excited to join and meet new people!  Connecting with others is fun and sharing expands us all.  I live in Colorado and love socializing and being active.  We just had our first snow and I managed to save my tomato plants from the freeze.  Hope to hear from you! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Season greetings to you, Teresa.
I imagine it is still a lot of snow out your way? I hope your tomato plants are thriving well , still .
Do you snow ski? So many pictures of Colorado depict skiers.
I'm over here in The Deep South in the state of Georgia.
Come visit sometime...We are friendly folks. *S*
0 Kudos
Contributor

I just found this forum and decided to introduce myself. I'm a physically-fit, energetic, 75-year-old, single Black female. I retired a few years ago from a computer company after 20+ years as a Software Test Engineer. I'd love to meet a male companion with whom to share existing interests or make new ones together. My top three are Philadelphia Eagles football, club-style Scrabble, and smooth jazz. I currently volunteer as an AARP Tax Aide and AARP Driver Safety Instructor.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Mary,

I'm TL and also a newbie.  Where in the Midwest do you live?  I am also newly retired and also newly single.  After 20+ years, I just gave up trying to make a relationship with a very self-centered person work, so I moved out & quit my job.  There just didn't seem to be any point to either anymore.

I love cats, nature, scary movies and good friends!  Would like to correspond if we find anything in common!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Molli, Keith here, from NW WI. I'm 73, and looking for someone to chat with. Email or messaging. 

My email is [email address removed from public view. use the Private Messaging function if you wish to contact]

Nice to meet you.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello all - I'm Joshua J. Mark. I've just joined and am only now looking around the site to see what it's about. I'm a retired college professor (philosophy, history, and literature) and history/travel writer. I write for Ancient History Encyclopedia and Timeless Travels Magazine and also contribute articles freelance to other periodicals. I live with my daughter, two dogs, and four cats in rural upstate New York. 

AARP site seems quite interesting thus far. Nice meeting you all and I wish you all the best - Josh

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Pleased to meet you , Joshua. I am a retired school teacher from Georgia.
I live near a University, Vocational Technical College, and a Two year Junior college, so there are many professors as well as retired professors in my area.
I'm wondering if you might live around Long Island vicinity?
Anne
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hi, I'm Tracy from California, outside of Los Angeles.

I'm not quite a newbie in that I retired 1.5 years ago, but I don't get to this site often so am a newby to this. In fact I attempted to repsond to this a few minutes ago, but when attempting to spell check a word, lost the entire response. Argh!

I love being retired because of the freedom of time that I have. I usually can come/go as I please because I am single with two crazy cats and no-one to be responsible for.

Mondays I volunteer at a shelter with shy/ferral cats, and on Wednesday I do fun things with my 4 yr old grandson, while on Friday I usually do something interesting with an old work friend of mine. 

I'm religious and attend mass weekly, and I'm currently involved with a group during Lent, learning more about the mass. Fascinationg to learn how people raised in the same religion often view it differently.

Politics became an interest after the 2016 election, and I don't mind listening to opposing views, as long as they respectfully voiced. I find that lecturing or using brain washing tactics is not only rude but a turn off. But I like to know why people feel as they do.

I'm off to a funeral for an elderly gentleman shortly and then will socialize with the kitties before gardening.

I hope this response goes through.

Lastly, I don't check in here daily but do respond when alerted that someone has contacted me.

Hope you have a fun day.

Sir Granny Tracy
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I am Linda.

I joined today and want to learn more about AARP.

As I said in my intro ( Newbie Greetings)  Married, I have 1 son 2 grands and a cat.

I am learning the Ukulele.

Linda

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

NEWBIE...as apposed to "old-bie."  I'm Kit Morrison...from a tiny island near Seattle-WA.  I'm here to meet n' greet, AND FIND A WIFE!!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Wow!  Sounds like this person is REALLY SERIOUS!!!  Hahaha!

Regular Contributor

*S*
Have you found a wife yet?
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hey there Kit!

I can think of one island out that way that I hope you are not from. lol. 

How long have you been in Washington? (lifelong or transplant)

Nanny Murphy (Melissa)

Melissa Murphy
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Well I dutiful went to page 21 and started reading all the posts!

Smiley Wink Should have checked the post dates first!

But here I am finally, in the right place at the right time.

@hn1063: I am a big Star Trek and Dr. Who fan as well!

Nice to know there really is a Jack Sparrow.

On to a few of my hobbies, bullet point style:

• I like studying archetypes: Enneagram, MBTI, Geometry, Five Love Languages....all that stuff!
  • I like relationship rich books, film and TV shows.
  • I am an equal opportunity dog petter!
  • I enjoy a life-long interest/passion for music--another form of archtypal patterns, by the way!
  • I love to travel. I have been to all but 2 US states (Alaska and Michigan). I've also traveled to Germany, Canada, Mexico, Amsterdam, New Zealand, The Carribean, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Santiago, Easter Island, Cambodia, The Philipines and Istanbul, Turkey.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP