Periodic Contributor

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Hi, I'm Mary. I'm new to these threads but am excited by the opportunities to learn and connect.  I love AARP.  I'm very newly retired, live in the midwest, and there are SO MANY opportunities.

If you want to make connections with me and other Newbies, reply to this thread.  I'm seeing many starting individual threads/topics which will make it difficult to connect, just due to shear volume.

Hope to hear from you

Mary
Kudos
Views
Replies
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning,

I am new here and still figuring this out My name is Shari I am from Illinois. I enjoy so many things and miss doing many because of COVID, but well we all adapt to our new (well not so new now) normal. I have a cat (he is 7 months old ). I don't plan to retire, because I love what I do, and it keeps me active and feeling young. 

Have a Blessed Day,

Shari

Shari
Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

Good Afternoon, Shari!    😀😷

Welcome to the Community.  I arrived this weekend for the first time too, and am just testing the waters. Covid has been a real "bite" for all of us, but it's been interesting finding a new lifestyle that works around it.  I think creativity is the key.

I have two cats myself, and they've been extra special companions during Covid.

Hope you enjoy your visit/stay here.

Rosemary

Contributor

Morning from WI., I’m new to this and hope to get more comfortable.

looking to chat now and then, build some friendships perhaps.

take care and hope everyone has a blessed day.  Isa

🌻

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hello new to the forum - I just turned FRA and start receiving SS next month. Have lived in Midwest USA all my life.

I am a mechanical/automotive/aerospace engineer, still working for now (from home most of the time).  So anyone wanting to talk shop, feel free to contact me.

I am a veteran of many Internet forums since the early days of TELNET and "bulletin boards", so I am looking forward to some good conversations with others on the forums here.  It seems like a great community.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Pleased to have you in our group, Dwayne.

What does FRA stand for?

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi anne,

I was wondering about that too.  I don't know about the "F", but I'm guessing the "RA" means retirement age?   Maybe the "F" stands for "finally?"   LOL

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello from Tucson, Arizona.

My name is Michael and I am hoping to reply to messages and chat a bit.  Take care everyone.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

hi. I am fairly new but can't seem to find a consistent thread to talk to everytime I come back can't find the people I would like to  talk  to or more like to talk about their interests

Regular Contributor

Hi Lynne,
I identify with your experience stated in your post.
Also, AARP can be a somewhat difficult to maneuver around to and in the different sites, I find.
Do you perhaps play bridge? I use to be a member of a local ladies bridge club, but
we dissolved years ago. I now play internet bridge at Bridge Base Online and enjoy meeting and playing with people all over the world. I played long enough now though, that I have many "friends" that come into the site at the same time I do most of the time and are on my "friends list".
What are some of your interests, hobbies, etc
Anne
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to all of our NEWBIES! I would like to welcome you to Our Front Porch group where you can join us for coffee at our Coffee Club, share your thoughts at the Morning Roll Call and comment on our many topics. Feel free to add a topic or just spend so time reviewing other posts. I have been a member here sense January 2009!

Remember we have just one major set of rules:

41UAq3+uMiL.jpg71pG9XAaFsL._SL1500_.jpg90846182_10217026851007008_1098697924746936320_n.jpg44126867_10209721224707930_6837731241110798336_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning Everyone:

I pray this finds everyone doing well considering the Covid-19.

I used to knit and crochet and give the items to charity, it was a great feeling knowing my items were going to those who needed them. I didn't venture out much before the pandemic, preferred to stay home and knit, crochet, read, sew, watch some tv, listen to my music online. I do keep in touch with my family and friends either on the phone or email. 😉

I always welcome a new friend. 😉

Have a safe and blessed day!! Heart

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
Periodic Contributor

Hi I'm Lily from Arizon, originally from California. Considering retiring soon but hoping to travel some more before I do. In the recent past, pre Corona Virus, I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and wanted to learn more about the history, uses  and cultivation of herbs. Now I'm doing some research online since all groups and classes are cancelled at this time. Looking for a pen pal to exchange ideas on retirement, travel, and just everyday experiences.

Lily 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Lily

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello —

Just officially joined AARP today. I've visited the site on and off for a few years, playing the free games. Now I can finally unlock all the members-only games! Woo hoo!

And yet there's some irony here — I joined an organization with "Retired Persons" in its name and I am neither retired now nor likely will never be able to afford to. Ah, well. At least I'll always have "Trizzle."  They still have that game, right? 

—Scott

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Everyone. I'm Oscar I'm from Arizona. 

Periodic Contributor

Hello out there, my name isn't really Grover but that's what everyone has called me for the last 50 years! I am not new to AARP, but I am new to the website. I am 65 years old and soon to be single. Just looking for someone to chat with.

Richard (Grover) Cleveland
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm a newbie and I think this is going to be fun. 😊

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi. I am Moniq. single. asian woman. in 40s. new member. from out USA. looking to meet new people.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hello I'm Richard King and I live in Oklahoma, single and would love to chat sometime.(Post edited to remove personal information)

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I'm Jackie from Washington, DC. Looking forward to meeting lots of new people and having lots of great conversations.

Regular Contributor

Hi Jackie,

Nice to have you in this group....just hope we'll all start chatting/posting more this year.

I imagine it's cold up your way in D.C. now. I'm down here in Georgia , so not very many cold days and no snow .

Wishing all of you a happy, blessed New Year.

Anne

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Anne,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for taking the time to say hello. So far we have had unseasonable warm weather 50/60 degree weather.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello from Georgia. I believe I have introduced myself before , but it's been some time ago.

I would enjoy corresponding with anyone on almost any topic.

I'm a single,  retired school teacher, active lifestyle, appreciate and enjoy my yard, animals, and life/people in general. My two children are grown with great jobs/careers, and I have 4 grandchildren, all of whom I love dearly.

Waiting to hear from you.

Anne

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Anne, so a little about me. I'm retired, 8 years Air Force, 2 years My own business, and many others. the last Job was School Bus Driver. I'm 73. I like fishing, watching wildlife, a little gambling,

Cruses, cooking (just learning). Eazy to get along with. I live on the frozen tundra, or it sometimes seems. LOL....  6 Children, all have their families, 16 Grandchildren, 5 of them are Great. 

Have a Merry Christmas.

Keith 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Keith,
Pleased to meet you here in AARP.
I sent you an email to your direct email address you provided in another post.
Anne from Ga.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This is the first time I am on ANY message board, ever. I think that makes me one heck of a newbie at 64!

I signed up to talk to people about gaming, but I can talk about art because I have been working in ceramic art as a studio potter and sculptor for over 30 years now. Love the clay, love being a master of something.

I can also talk about brain anuerisms because I had one about 8 years ago. Playing some of the games on AARP was part of my plan to survive.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello, my name is Keith, I live in NW Wi. My wife passed 10/5/17. So I moved in with my sister. So HI ya'll. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hello Keith, my name is Mary. I'm so sorry for your loss!! Keep you and yours in my prayers!!

I'm new to all this and trying to learn as I go.

Have Blessed evening and take care.

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
0 Kudos

My name is Gloria Mathis, I live in Westland Mi.Hi everyone

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for penpals, dating, or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg