Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 1 of 220

Well I dutiful went to page 21 and started reading all the posts!

Smiley Wink Should have checked the post dates first!

But here I am finally, in the right place at the right time.

@hn1063: I am a big Star Trek and Dr. Who fan as well!

Nice to know there really is a Jack Sparrow.

On to a few of my hobbies, bullet point style:

• I like studying archetypes: Enneagram, MBTI, Geometry, Five Love Languages....all that stuff!
  • I like relationship rich books, film and TV shows.
  • I am an equal opportunity dog petter!
  • I enjoy a life-long interest/passion for music--another form of archtypal patterns, by the way!
  • I love to travel. I have been to all but 2 US states (Alaska and Michigan). I've also traveled to Germany, Canada, Mexico, Amsterdam, New Zealand, The Carribean, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Santiago, Easter Island, Cambodia, The Philipines and Istanbul, Turkey.
Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 2 of 220

@ss3900: Couldn't agree more! I am with you, the site is a little funny to navigate. And I am tech savvy to some extent!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 220

@MaryB59: Love this idea! Will read the thread, and make a post.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 220

Hello everyone 

My name is Ms. Rain, I'm here from Indianapolis,Ind. I was thinking how nice it would be to find friends to communicate with, have some laughs, even join a group that loves to walk. I work alot and haven't had time to develope any friendships here but I'm always hopeful. 

Just dropped in to say,,"hope everyone has a beautiful start of the New Year and keep it going.  Life is precious make every moment count because changes are constantly happening. So smile even when you don't want to and stay postive no matter what it looks like.Smiley Very Happy

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 220

Hi Helen. Loved your intro. I'm a convention nerd, from way back, starting in '78. If I'm not into most of what you listed, at least I'm familiar.

There was a convention in Portland, OR, called OryCon, it started in '78, and I managed to get to the first 26 of them. I now live on the central OR coast, and can't afford to get to them anymore.

My wife and I are retired, living on our SS, and trying to get by.

If you want to get some conversation going, my Email address is: CaptJackSparrow45x124@gmail.com.

I have been through cancer 3x... and now my wife is going through a medical malady. Can't close the book on hers yet.

That's about all I can think of for right now. Drop a line if you think we can click.  Smiley Happy

Jack Sparrow. (Yes, that's really my name.)

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 220

Hi folks. I'm Helen. I was born in New Hampshire, lived in Mississippi for 4.5 years in the 70s, and have lived in Western WA since August 1978. I love science fact & fiction, Star Trek, Doctor Who, John Denver, Eminem, ferrets, reading and writing poetry, Shakespeare, writing fan fiction, embroidery, scrapbooking, journaling, watching British TV, AD&D 2.0, Pathfinder, going to sci-fi conventions, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Three Stooges, Loony Tunes, Cheech and Chong, Red Dwarf, Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5, Firefly, MASH, Scrubs, WKRP in Cincinnati, collecting Bibles (my favorite version is the NASB), my son and my sister, best friend, hero and boss of me, Barbara, who passed away on 11/11 after a short bout with cancer and septic shock. I'll talk about anything -- well, okay, almost anything -- including religion and politics. Ut oh, don't know what I'm getting myself into.... but I will. I used to hang out in religion chat first on MSN, then Yahoo and finally Wireclub, so if anyone here has done so as well, let's gab. I promise you won't offend me, and I'll definitely try not to offend you. To quote the great Surak, "There is no offense, if none is taken." And to quote the great Vice President Al Gore, "Peace out, y'all!" (Oh yeah, and I could join the DAR if I wanted to. Just sayin'.)

betelgeuse.jpgI've got a lot of VERY funny photos (at least I think they are) that I'd love to post. I promise not to post anything obnoxious Smiley Wink

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 220

IM42Golf wrote:

Greetings from Pete in Louisiana.

Let me state that I DO NOT discuss RELIGION or POLITICS, period. The U.S. Navy taught me that many, many years ago, because those two subjects only result in FIGHTING. Anything else that you wish to discuss is fine, as long as I have an interest in and a knowledge of the discussion subject.

I hope to retire sometime in 2018. I just hope that I can afford it.

Regards,

'Pete' Madere

Hi @IM42Golf Pete. Wise words indeed. Mostly I stay out of those discussions as well, feeling nothing worthwhile comes of it. But the good news is that there are many forums and sub forums here so neither one of us has to talk politics or religion. So yay. Smiley Happy

I hope you can afford a nice retirement and that you are able to get there this year. 

hey hello.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 8 of 220

Greetings from Pete in Louisiana.

Let me state that I DO NOT discuss RELIGION or POLITICS, period. The U.S. Navy taught me that many, many years ago, because those two subjects only result in FIGHTING. Anything else that you wish to discuss is fine, as long as I have an interest in and a knowledge of the discussion subject.

I hope to retire sometime in 2018. I just hope that I can afford it.

Regards,

'Pete' Madere

Antoine S. Madere
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 220

@Rainbowhope  Hello! (waves) Good to hear from you again, Rainbowhope. I was thinking about you the other day, hoping things were well with you. Smiley Happy Happiest of New Years to you. Heart

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Gold Conversationalist

Message 10 of 220

God's Rainbows to you all !!

Happy New Year!

I now have a new volunteer job at our Congregational Church.

I help keep the pew pockets clean!

This is a great job for exercising.

It's kind of a warm-up before I go to the YMCA.

Happy days ahead!