Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

Regular Contributor

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

I see that you can sync your fitness tracker to the AARP Now app and earn Rewards points for hitting fitness milestones. However when you drill down to the instructions it says you need v3.20 of the AARP Now app to sync the fitness tracker, yet my Apple App Store only has v3.19. I have AARP support looking into this but wondering if anyone else has been able to find v3.20 and/or sync their fitness tracker (specifically Apple Health on the iPhone).

I am having the same issue 

Community Concierge

@JulieR535052 Thanks for letting us know. Please check out the troubleshooting steps for your specific device here: https://aarp.info/3v19IpI

0 Kudos
Contributor

FYI, That link returns just a blank page. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LisaK907616 Hey Lisa, try this direct link to the article: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/fitness-tracker-missing-rewards

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes. I and my cousin have the same problem.  Everything was syncing until January 2022. I called AARP and went thru all their ideas which I already tried on my ownโ€”-AARP ideas did not work.  I called FITBIT and they said it is an AARP PROBLEM.

Sadly, my cousin, a member since 2020 synced her FITBIT 2 years ago and is still waiting for rewards credit.  With my urging she wrote AARP  5 days ago and is still waiting for a solution.

I donโ€™t think AARP has a clue on how to resolve this issue.  Checking GOOGLE you see loads of complaints.

AARP has a good idea with linking FITBIT to rewardsโ€”- they donโ€™t know how to implement.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DeborahW645342 Hi Deborah, what troubleshooting steps have you completed? Have you had an opportunity to check out the Fitbit Support site for more help? https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/

0 Kudos
Contributor

Your app is not working,  Can't even access it through Web page. Really feel I'm paying money for nothing

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thank you for reaching out. The AARP Now app is up and working properly. Are you getting an error when you try to access the app? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have tried syncing Fitbit, Google Fit, and Apple Heart neither works. I never see any of these apps in my account. Fitbit associates stated that AARP should look into it this.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ekent  What steps have you taken? I would choose 1 device to sync. Log into your Rewards account then go to Earn to select Sync a fitness tracker. Select the one you're using. After you've done that - separately, go into the fitness tracker app and give it permission to share data with AARP Rewards. https://aarp.info/3emKZ8q

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Done that. It does not work. Sorry. ๐Ÿ˜ข 

Contributor

My Fitbit does not appear in AARP, nor Googlefit, nor Apple Heart and I have tried everything that has been suggested. Fitbit associates stated that AARP should look into this.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Fitbit rewards still does not appear in my rewards. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ekent Please check out the troubleshooting steps for your fitness tracker: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/fitness-tracker-missing-rewards

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

They donโ€™t work.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have synced my fitbit with the rewards program and double checked with my fitbit dashboard that it is connected. I received the 500 points for syncing but I have been doing 10,000 steps a day and nothing is being registered in my rewards account

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Alan, I also see that you received 750 points for syncing your Fitbit. I recommend that you restart your phone and make sure your bluetooth is on when you are walking so it can track you. What brand of phone are you using or mobile device? Are you using the AARP Now mobile app? Here is a link to the FitBit support page also. Let me know if you get it resolved and if not, I can escalate the issue. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm trying to connect my Google Fit to the app, it lists it as an option, but it's not working, there's no option on Google Fit to connect to the app and when I click on it in the app, it doesn't list it as an option...

and when I click on it on the website, it says I have to download the AARP app, which I did....

Community Concierge

@LauraW242269 the Google Fit tracker is not fully ready to be synced with AARP Rewards, so that's why you had an issue today. It will be up and running soon, so stay tuned.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking on the ellipsis option button (the three dots) in the top-right corner of the reply.

0 Kudos

Help! I have an iPhone and I downloaded the AARP Now app but I can't figure out how to sync the fitness tracker. Do I go through the Health App on my phone or through the AARP app? I can't find any options!

Did you ever get yours working? I got mine synced somehow and it was working great until August 20. Then it quit. I've emailed AARP, done chats, and called but no one has helped. 

Cynthia Bravo

XXXXXX@XXXX.com

Contributor

It happened to me too. AARP doesn't know what it is. I am stuck.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@NannaJ591701 Thanks for reaching out. Please provide me with some details about the issue that you're having and I will do my best to assist!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @WellsBeadlingBravo, I'm here to help! Your post has been edited for privacy concerns. Can you enable private messages so I can send you a message to look into this?

Here are the steps: 

- Go to My Settings

- Click Preferences

- Click Private Messenger 

- Check the box next to Turn on private messages

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@TYPHARMD Visit aarp.org/rewards/earn and click on  the โ€œSync a fitness trackerโ€ link. You'll select your type of device and then youโ€™ll need to separately go into its app and give it permission to share data with AARP Rewards. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

what happened to my points?

fortunately took a screen shot a few days ago but now ZERO?

why?

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@JonathanM243209 I sent you a private message with your current point balance. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

This is so stupid!  Disconnect the fitbit.  HOW the ###%$#$@ do you do that?  Because there sure isn't a link - and in all this discussion there is no link --- this is BS and AARP I'm about over you.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@n2nutrition 

Have you tried these steps?

1. Head to the Earn page at http://aarp.org/rewards/earn

2. Hit the โ€œSync a fitness trackerโ€ link

3. Select a fitness tracker from the pop-up menu

4. Then, youโ€™ll need to separately go into its app and give it permission to share data with AARP Rewards.

Also, make sure to check this to make sure your activity is recognized: Double-check that your device has Bluetooth on and open the Fitbit app. If it still didnโ€™t sync, restart your phone.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking on the ellipsis option button (the three dots) in the top-right corner of the reply.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP