Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sorry, no points this time

Message 2 of 17

Hi Marylin  @mi4090 

I haven't seen the error since I started avoiding those specific two videos. I'm back to the occasional 1 or 3 random videos that simply fail to give points but can be refreshed.

I did notice that if my laptop is on battery power instead of plugged in, there is a higher chance of some video flakiness. I suspect the laptop's CPU goes to a lower power state and can't easily keep up with the video stress.

I can't even imagine doing this on a device with less memory and slower processor, like a tablet or phone. It probably would take hours to accomplish what I can do in 15 to 30 minutes. Oh well, this trusty 6yr old Windows 8.1 laptop still gets the job done.

Cheers,

Ray

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

Hello @ralmon 

Ray got the same error message today but with different video, has it been fixed for you?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

@AARPJessicaT 

today, the same 2 videos show that same behavior: upon completion I get the "Sorry" message, and a page refresh shows the videos as completed, but no points.

aarp-vid1-nopoints.JPG

aarp-vid2-nopoints.JPG

As of today, they are out of my rotation. Luckily, there are some Beginner Yoga videos with only half the running time, yet still useful and informative.

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@AARPJessicaT 

Same issue again today: same 2 videos give me "Sorry, no points at this time" error, showing the 300 points badge. Upon page refresh of the respective videos, the badges turn into completion checkmarks, but no points given (No worries, by the time you see this I'll probably have maxed with other activities)

The 2 videos are:

"3 Easy Moves for Stronger Knees - AARP"
https://videos.aarp.org/detail/videos/health/video/5426021284001/3-easy-moves-for-stronger-knees---a...

"Improve Arch Support With These 3 Moves - AARP"
https://videos.aarp.org/detail/videos/health/video/5426050120001/improve-arch-support-with-these-3-m...

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

@AARPJessicaT 

This "Sorry, no points this time" issue seems to persist. 2 videos (Denise Austin videos, coincidentally) gave me that message today while still showing the 300 point badge.  Then, upon refresh, their badges converted to checkmarks as if completed. My calculation showed that was not the case, as I was 600 short at the time.

Moving on, I loaded 2 other unwatched videos and was able to receive their 2 x 300 points. The rest of the activities continued without issue to max.

Thanks,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

@ralmon 

After you reach max you can enter continuous promo codes for a 100 pts.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

@andrewtoo@mi4090 

At this time, it is definitely recommended to do "Bonus" activities after reaching max already. That way we have batter chance to catch those that don't give the bonus, like the Bonus Bundle.

Doing the Promo first did seem to reveal an issue with the way the points are tracked in the background, though. While I did end up getting all the expected points, the system was confused. It's like were training a baby AI or something.

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

@ralmon & @andrewtoo 

I didn't have a problem getting the 7,890 points yesterday.  The difference that we have is the order completed.  

1. 23 Videos
  2. 1 Quiz
  3. 1 Tool/Calculator
  4. 1 Quiz

I reach the max at this point, and I enter promo codes also after daily points earned.  

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

@ralmon @AARPJessicaT 

I was able to complete quizzes after I reached 7,440 points yesterday, but it did not give me credit.  I used the promo code on Tuesday without issue.

When I achieve 7,440 points (or 7,450 actually), according to the rules, I should able to get credit for one more activity that earns 500 points or less.  I did not get credit for completed quizzes or videos after reaching 7,440 points yesterday, even though, notices after the quizzes stated that I earned another 450 points.

A Transaction history that showed earned points (and other entries) would be of help here.

Very strange and hope it is a one day issue.

I'm sorry that I can't be of any help with the promo code @ralmon but I always use the promo code after reaching the maximum points allowed and it works.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors