Conversationalist

Sorry, no points this time

Hello AARP Rewards managers,

I got the following strange notification after watching a video:

"Sorry, no points this time.

You didn't earn any AARP points because you either already scored

with this activity or maxed out for the day."

aarp-no-points-this-time.jpg

1) Already scored? The 300 points badge is visible, so I couldn't have already scored.

2) Maxed out for the day? I am at time of this post 6915 points in for the day (23 videos + daily).

I checked the math and the video was counted to my points, so whatever code triggers this message may need to be looked at.

Thanks,

Ray

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Lucy,

Most of the U.S. is now on Daylight Savings Time (PDT, MDT, CDT, EDT)  which started on March 12, 2023 and will end Nov. 5, 2023.  On Nov. 5, 2023 we will return back to Standard Time.  Perhaps your computer clock needs to be adjusted an hour forward if it is still on the Standard Time.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@JoLo49 

Good morning JoLo

I am so sorry my CST ( Central Standard Time ) reference caused such a brouhaha.
If I had known, I never would have made such an innocent remark to CST in my comments.
I was only attempting to explain the time of day this was happening in detail. My Bad 

The whole point to my post was only to let people know that experiencing technical difficulties (what a joke) with completing video's and quizzes is still very much an ongoing problem with this rewards program. This is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Any reputable company operating a rewards program of this magnitude would have corrected this situation long ago. 
As I stated in my earlier post I have always performed a cold boot on my laptop and cleared cookies and the cache before I log in to the AARP website so there is no need of any further update or restart.  
Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Lucy,

I hope the technical difficulties will resolve for you soon.  Awhile ago, I also had technical difficulties with videos and quizzes, so when errors started to appear, I would give up and not complete the activities.  This month, the error messages have resolved, so "knock on wood" I will be able to continue to do the activities with no issues.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

UPDATE  UPDATE  __ Sorry No Points This Time !

We are experiencing technical difficulties in processing your request.

3/30/23 @ 2:33 AM cst  having to wait again 😫😫

3/31/23 @3.48 AM  cst yep waiting again this morning 😱 😱

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Honored Social Butterfly

Hmm, not having any issue. Surely your time is CDT, and not CST? You may want to consider an update and a restart? 

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Kelly 

You wrote "Hmm, not having any issue. Surely your time is CDT, and not CST? You may want to consider an update and a restart? 

What is it you think needs an update or restart ??

I have always done a restart and cleared cookies and cache before logging into the AARP website. If you hang around in this forum very long you will definitely get use to this advice from AARPJanelleM our most knowledgeable moderator.   

I was attempting to explain I was experiencing technical difficulties on a regular basis with me completing video's & quizzes on certain dates and times.

I live in MS so that was why I made the reference of Central Standard Time.

I am so happy that you are not having any problems with this rewards program. 

"CST is Central Standard Time. CDT is Central Daylight Time.

Currently, most of the US has returned to Standard Time, so hours in the Central time region are ‘X o’clock CST’. Last week we were still on daylight time (in most of the US) and time would be indicated by ‘X o’clock CDT’.

There is only ONE TIME ZONE which is called the ‘Central’ time zone. Whether it is on standard or daylight time depends on where we are in the year.

The same exact thing exists for the Eastern, Mountain and Pacific Time Zones of course.

It is currently ‘Standard Time’ in all of them: EST, MST, PST. Last week they were all on ‘daylight time: EDT, MDT, PDT."

My personal opinion? We should stay on standard time all year, and quit this nutsy ‘daylight savings’ thing of changing our clocks twice a year.

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello Everyone 

NO POINTS.jpg

This notice Sorry No Points This Time ! We are experiencing technical difficulties in processing your request has become almost a daily event and so familiar with members that it is now infuriating. 😡  😡

Tech support's pathetic attempt at trying to pacify some very angry members is with this asinine remark please retry in a few minutesknowing full well there will not be a fix forthcoming any time soon.

Yesterday, I tried multiple times to complete my quizzes and videos but was hindered at every turn with the above little black banner notice and instruction's to retry my entry's.
Honestly, I tried numerous times and waited nearly an hour between attempts without success. To continue trying had become pointless so I just gave up and went back to bed, hoping tomorrow may be a little better.

(Tomorrow, Tomorrow The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow) ??????

Seriously, there must be some avenue for us paying members to get a little bit better service.

Just Saying 

IMG_0157.GIF

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Ray:  Your January 2020 topic "Sorry, no points this time", deserves more attention.
Is anyone having a difficult time with the "Sorry, no points this time" error message popup on the
video's. Don't understand why all of a sudden I am getting this error on so many of them.
It has gotten so bad that this morning between the 3:00am to 4:00am time period I got at least 6 of those little buggers.
I realize that when you run the video again, all is good and you do receive your points,
but still it has become a big inconvenience, having to run a video twice, not to mention an extreme waste of time.
Speaking of an inconvenience. why are we being besiege with the 2:14 minute video of "Fran Reinstein ad for the Caption Call messaging phone" 

So sorry she had the misfortune to have a hearing disability and you can hit "Skip Ad" but why run it on every video. That's asking quite a lot of our more arthritic seniors. 
Just Saying

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

Kudos to Lucy for articulating two of the most time-wasting and objectionable parts of the current AARP Rewards Program... namely, earning (or not earning) points by watching Videos.

1. Admin has known for months -- YEARS, even -- about the issues with points not being properly awarded for completing certain lessons, mostly Videos. The problem has seemingly gotten worse over the last several weeks. Please fix this!

2. Nothing personal, but Fran Reinstein's appearance at the start of EVERY Video is excessive to the extreme. How about mixing it up with a variety of different intro ads? Fran, your 2 minutes and 14 seconds of fame has certainly run its course.

Conversationalist

I just finished watching more than two dozen Videos and maxxed-out my daily earning potential for points in the AARP Rewards Program. Two things stood out:

1. For the first time in over a week, I only got one message of "Sorry, no points this time..." instead of multiple occurrences of that dreaded phrase. But, when I checked my Transaction History for Earned Points, apparently I did in fact get awarded the proper number of points for that lesson. I'm sorta operating on faith here, though, that the Transaction History is keeping accurate track of points earned...

2. The intro ads that precede every Video have changed! This is in abrupt contrast to the monopoly that the "Fran Reinstein ad" has had as an intro to Videos for the past two or more weeks. Fran only made a single appearance among the 2+ dozen Videos I watched. I don't know if this is a coincidence, a pre-planned change in intro-ad placements, a temporary blip before bringing Fran back into heavy rotation, or something else. I also wonder if the 2 recent posts above (by Lucy and me) had any influence on Admin's decision to mix things up. But unless Admin chimes in here, we'll never know... and I'm OK with that.

For now, though, it sure is a welcome change for this Video-watcher, and I hope this trend toward variety and glitch-free operation continues. Onward!

Bronze Conversationalist

Again, not sure if what I'm saying is about this topic

At times when you complete a quiz or watch a video, you might see Sorry, no points this time. You'd think the program would recognize that you have done this before and not waste your time.

Concerned Member
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @al45009948 

Al, I'm getting it everyday with the video Guided Breathing: Two Minute Affirmation and it's not awarding points.

@AARPJessicaT  can something be done to correct the issue?  Thanks in advance.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

Ray got the same error message today but with different video, has it been fixed for you?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Marylin  @mi4090 

I haven't seen the error since I started avoiding those specific two videos. I'm back to the occasional 1 or 3 random videos that simply fail to give points but can be refreshed.

I did notice that if my laptop is on battery power instead of plugged in, there is a higher chance of some video flakiness. I suspect the laptop's CPU goes to a lower power state and can't easily keep up with the video stress.

I can't even imagine doing this on a device with less memory and slower processor, like a tablet or phone. It probably would take hours to accomplish what I can do in 15 to 30 minutes. Oh well, this trusty 6yr old Windows 8.1 laptop still gets the job done.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Hello Ray,

I hope that was the first and last time for thatSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

This "Sorry, no points this time" issue seems to persist. 2 videos (Denise Austin videos, coincidentally) gave me that message today while still showing the 300 point badge.  Then, upon refresh, their badges converted to checkmarks as if completed. My calculation showed that was not the case, as I was 600 short at the time.

Moving on, I loaded 2 other unwatched videos and was able to receive their 2 x 300 points. The rest of the activities continued without issue to max.

Thanks,

Ray

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

• I've reported this problem to AARP REWARDS and they keep saying I've received my points ,but each time I watch some of Her videos it says Sorry No Points. 
Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @al45009948

I've gotten the message numerous times now, and I verify that I did receive points as @ralmon (Ray).  More problems to deal with without fixes😢. Stay safe😊

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

It appears Admin can't see our full transaction history to see which exact videos were awarded the points.  They only see a running list of points added to the account.  If you watched additional videos after not receiving points for a prior video, Admin is assuming the points have been awarded for all videos watched.  

I have watched a few 10-minute exercise videos when they were released and not awarded points.  It has been a recurring issue and it seems there's no fix.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@al45009948 

I always verify if I get my points by right-clicking the AARP logo on the top of the page, and opeing in a new tab or window. The Rewards points in that new tab/window tends to be updated to the correct current state.

The 2 videos I mentioned in my previous consistently gave me no points. I never went back to them again. Luckily, there are more than enough videos to view that are less than 2 minutes, if one doesn't want to waste too much time.

Cheers,
Ray

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

Same issue again today: same 2 videos give me "Sorry, no points at this time" error, showing the 300 points badge. Upon page refresh of the respective videos, the badges turn into completion checkmarks, but no points given (No worries, by the time you see this I'll probably have maxed with other activities)

The 2 videos are:

"3 Easy Moves for Stronger Knees - AARP"
https://videos.aarp.org/detail/videos/health/video/5426021284001/3-easy-moves-for-stronger-knees---a...

"Improve Arch Support With These 3 Moves - AARP"
https://videos.aarp.org/detail/videos/health/video/5426050120001/improve-arch-support-with-these-3-m...

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

today, the same 2 videos show that same behavior: upon completion I get the "Sorry" message, and a page refresh shows the videos as completed, but no points.

aarp-vid1-nopoints.JPG

aarp-vid2-nopoints.JPG

As of today, they are out of my rotation. Luckily, there are some Beginner Yoga videos with only half the running time, yet still useful and informative.

Cheers,

Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, I've never seen that error before, all this is very strange and frustrating.

No one's answered about the double entries to Sweeps on 1st day; @sandy could you please help?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 @AARPJessicaT 

I went back to the CVS sweeps rules, since it will end in a week. The max entries there is 140. It begins Dec 15, 2019 at 12:00a ET, ending Jan 11, 2020 at 8:59a ET.

Now, assuming one enters at 7a ET each day, you get 28 days x 5 entries = 140, which is perfect.

For the sweeps in question, the Kitchen Appliance, begin is Jan 1 9:00a ET, ending Jan 31 8:59a ET. Sticking with the Rules, that gives 30 days x 5 = 150 entries. But the Rules specify 155 max!

Good news is that the early entry before 9am on Jan 1 gets you to 155, so no violation of the max rule. The confusion now is just the Start Time.

Now we really do need a way to read Total entries already registered with a sweeps. AARP, can we get that Total listed, please?

Thanks,

Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray hopefully someone will respond.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@ralmon Thanks for letting us know. As of now, you've reached the total amount of points you can earn in a day.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

Hello Rewards Managers,

I encountered that error message again "Sorry, no points this time" as shown in the original post.

I suspect that using the Promo code before all the activities confused the accounting calculators.

After daily login (15pts), 23 videos (6900 pts), one calculator/tool (75 pts), and one quiz (450 pts), the daily total would be 7440. At that point, I was told I maxed out! The only possible reason could have been if the Promo code (100 pts) was counted as part of the daily max.

The next quiz gave me "Sorry no points this time", but in the end, those last 450 points did count to the total anyway. (Sure wish I could get you a screen shot of the transaction history - hint, nudge).

Not sure this will help nab that bug, but it's a start.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon & @andrewtoo 

I didn't have a problem getting the 7,890 points yesterday.  The difference that we have is the order completed.  

1. 23 Videos
  2. 1 Quiz
  3. 1 Tool/Calculator
  4. 1 Quiz

I reach the max at this point, and I enter promo codes also after daily points earned.  

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@andrewtoo@mi4090 

At this time, it is definitely recommended to do "Bonus" activities after reaching max already. That way we have batter chance to catch those that don't give the bonus, like the Bonus Bundle.

Doing the Promo first did seem to reveal an issue with the way the points are tracked in the background, though. While I did end up getting all the expected points, the system was confused. It's like were training a baby AI or something.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP