Conversationalist

Sorry, no points this time

Hello AARP Rewards managers,

I got the following strange notification after watching a video:

"Sorry, no points this time.

You didn't earn any AARP points because you either already scored

with this activity or maxed out for the day."

aarp-no-points-this-time.jpg

1) Already scored? The 300 points badge is visible, so I couldn't have already scored.

2) Maxed out for the day? I am at time of this post 6915 points in for the day (23 videos + daily).

I checked the math and the video was counted to my points, so whatever code triggers this message may need to be looked at.

Thanks,

Ray

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Again, not sure if what I'm saying is about this topic

At times when you complete a quiz or watch a video, you might see Sorry, no points this time. You'd think the program would recognize that you have done this before and not waste your time.

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Hello @al45009948 

Al, I'm getting it everyday with the video Guided Breathing: Two Minute Affirmation and it's not awarding points.

@AARPJessicaT  can something be done to correct the issue?  Thanks in advance.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos

Hello @ralmon 

Ray got the same error message today but with different video, has it been fixed for you?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Marylin  @mi4090 

I haven't seen the error since I started avoiding those specific two videos. I'm back to the occasional 1 or 3 random videos that simply fail to give points but can be refreshed.

I did notice that if my laptop is on battery power instead of plugged in, there is a higher chance of some video flakiness. I suspect the laptop's CPU goes to a lower power state and can't easily keep up with the video stress.

I can't even imagine doing this on a device with less memory and slower processor, like a tablet or phone. It probably would take hours to accomplish what I can do in 15 to 30 minutes. Oh well, this trusty 6yr old Windows 8.1 laptop still gets the job done.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos

@ralmon 

Hello Ray,

I hope that was the first and last time for thatSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

This "Sorry, no points this time" issue seems to persist. 2 videos (Denise Austin videos, coincidentally) gave me that message today while still showing the 300 point badge.  Then, upon refresh, their badges converted to checkmarks as if completed. My calculation showed that was not the case, as I was 600 short at the time.

Moving on, I loaded 2 other unwatched videos and was able to receive their 2 x 300 points. The rest of the activities continued without issue to max.

Thanks,

Ray

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

• I've reported this problem to AARP REWARDS and they keep saying I've received my points ,but each time I watch some of Her videos it says Sorry No Points. 
Concerned Member
0 Kudos

Hello @al45009948

I've gotten the message numerous times now, and I verify that I did receive points as @ralmon (Ray).  More problems to deal with without fixes😢. Stay safe😊

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It appears Admin can't see our full transaction history to see which exact videos were awarded the points.  They only see a running list of points added to the account.  If you watched additional videos after not receiving points for a prior video, Admin is assuming the points have been awarded for all videos watched.  

I have watched a few 10-minute exercise videos when they were released and not awarded points.  It has been a recurring issue and it seems there's no fix.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@al45009948 

I always verify if I get my points by right-clicking the AARP logo on the top of the page, and opeing in a new tab or window. The Rewards points in that new tab/window tends to be updated to the correct current state.

The 2 videos I mentioned in my previous consistently gave me no points. I never went back to them again. Luckily, there are more than enough videos to view that are less than 2 minutes, if one doesn't want to waste too much time.

Cheers,
Ray

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

Same issue again today: same 2 videos give me "Sorry, no points at this time" error, showing the 300 points badge. Upon page refresh of the respective videos, the badges turn into completion checkmarks, but no points given (No worries, by the time you see this I'll probably have maxed with other activities)

The 2 videos are:

"3 Easy Moves for Stronger Knees - AARP"
https://videos.aarp.org/detail/videos/health/video/5426021284001/3-easy-moves-for-stronger-knees---a...

"Improve Arch Support With These 3 Moves - AARP"
https://videos.aarp.org/detail/videos/health/video/5426050120001/improve-arch-support-with-these-3-m...

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

today, the same 2 videos show that same behavior: upon completion I get the "Sorry" message, and a page refresh shows the videos as completed, but no points.

aarp-vid1-nopoints.JPG

aarp-vid2-nopoints.JPG

As of today, they are out of my rotation. Luckily, there are some Beginner Yoga videos with only half the running time, yet still useful and informative.

Cheers,

Ray

@ralmon 

Ray, I've never seen that error before, all this is very strange and frustrating.

No one's answered about the double entries to Sweeps on 1st day; @sandy could you please help?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 @AARPJessicaT 

I went back to the CVS sweeps rules, since it will end in a week. The max entries there is 140. It begins Dec 15, 2019 at 12:00a ET, ending Jan 11, 2020 at 8:59a ET.

Now, assuming one enters at 7a ET each day, you get 28 days x 5 entries = 140, which is perfect.

For the sweeps in question, the Kitchen Appliance, begin is Jan 1 9:00a ET, ending Jan 31 8:59a ET. Sticking with the Rules, that gives 30 days x 5 = 150 entries. But the Rules specify 155 max!

Good news is that the early entry before 9am on Jan 1 gets you to 155, so no violation of the max rule. The confusion now is just the Start Time.

Now we really do need a way to read Total entries already registered with a sweeps. AARP, can we get that Total listed, please?

Thanks,

Ray

@ralmon 

Ray hopefully someone will respond.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ralmon Thanks for letting us know. As of now, you've reached the total amount of points you can earn in a day.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

Hello Rewards Managers,

I encountered that error message again "Sorry, no points this time" as shown in the original post.

I suspect that using the Promo code before all the activities confused the accounting calculators.

After daily login (15pts), 23 videos (6900 pts), one calculator/tool (75 pts), and one quiz (450 pts), the daily total would be 7440. At that point, I was told I maxed out! The only possible reason could have been if the Promo code (100 pts) was counted as part of the daily max.

The next quiz gave me "Sorry no points this time", but in the end, those last 450 points did count to the total anyway. (Sure wish I could get you a screen shot of the transaction history - hint, nudge).

Not sure this will help nab that bug, but it's a start.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos

@ralmon & @andrewtoo 

I didn't have a problem getting the 7,890 points yesterday.  The difference that we have is the order completed.  

1. 23 Videos
  2. 1 Quiz
  3. 1 Tool/Calculator
  4. 1 Quiz

I reach the max at this point, and I enter promo codes also after daily points earned.  

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@andrewtoo@mi4090 

At this time, it is definitely recommended to do "Bonus" activities after reaching max already. That way we have batter chance to catch those that don't give the bonus, like the Bonus Bundle.

Doing the Promo first did seem to reveal an issue with the way the points are tracked in the background, though. While I did end up getting all the expected points, the system was confused. It's like were training a baby AI or something.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos

@ralmon 

After you reach max you can enter continuous promo codes for a 100 pts.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@ralmon @AARPJessicaT 

I was able to complete quizzes after I reached 7,440 points yesterday, but it did not give me credit.  I used the promo code on Tuesday without issue.

When I achieve 7,440 points (or 7,450 actually), according to the rules, I should able to get credit for one more activity that earns 500 points or less.  I did not get credit for completed quizzes or videos after reaching 7,440 points yesterday, even though, notices after the quizzes stated that I earned another 450 points.

A Transaction history that showed earned points (and other entries) would be of help here.

Very strange and hope it is a one day issue.

I'm sorry that I can't be of any help with the promo code @ralmon but I always use the promo code after reaching the maximum points allowed and it works.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJessicaT 

At the time, I was at correctly at 6915 points for the day, which is why the message was confusing. The video had counted even though it said I did not get points.

I continued to max after my posting.Thanks for double-checking though.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Members Only Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle