Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sorry, no points this time

Message 1 of 23

Hello @al45009948 

Al, I'm getting it everyday with the video Guided Breathing: Two Minute Affirmation and it's not awarding points.

@AARPJessicaT  can something be done to correct the issue?  Thanks in advance.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

Again, not sure if what I'm saying is about this topic

At times when you complete a quiz or watch a video, you might see Sorry, no points this time. You'd think the program would recognize that you have done this before and not waste your time.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

It appears Admin can't see our full transaction history to see which exact videos were awarded the points.  They only see a running list of points added to the account.  If you watched additional videos after not receiving points for a prior video, Admin is assuming the points have been awarded for all videos watched.  

I have watched a few 10-minute exercise videos when they were released and not awarded points.  It has been a recurring issue and it seems there's no fix.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

Hello @al45009948

I've gotten the message numerous times now, and I verify that I did receive points as @ralmon (Ray).  More problems to deal with without fixes😢. Stay safe😊

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

@al45009948 

I always verify if I get my points by right-clicking the AARP logo on the top of the page, and opeing in a new tab or window. The Rewards points in that new tab/window tends to be updated to the correct current state.

The 2 videos I mentioned in my previous consistently gave me no points. I never went back to them again. Luckily, there are more than enough videos to view that are less than 2 minutes, if one doesn't want to waste too much time.

Cheers,
Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23
  • I've reported this problem to AARP REWARDS and they keep saying I've received my points ,but each time I watch some of Her videos it says Sorry No Points. 
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

@ralmon 

Hello Ray,

I hope that was the first and last time for thatSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

Hi Marylin  @mi4090 

I haven't seen the error since I started avoiding those specific two videos. I'm back to the occasional 1 or 3 random videos that simply fail to give points but can be refreshed.

I did notice that if my laptop is on battery power instead of plugged in, there is a higher chance of some video flakiness. I suspect the laptop's CPU goes to a lower power state and can't easily keep up with the video stress.

I can't even imagine doing this on a device with less memory and slower processor, like a tablet or phone. It probably would take hours to accomplish what I can do in 15 to 30 minutes. Oh well, this trusty 6yr old Windows 8.1 laptop still gets the job done.

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

Hello @ralmon 

Ray got the same error message today but with different video, has it been fixed for you?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

@AARPJessicaT 

today, the same 2 videos show that same behavior: upon completion I get the "Sorry" message, and a page refresh shows the videos as completed, but no points.

aarp-vid1-nopoints.JPG

aarp-vid2-nopoints.JPG

As of today, they are out of my rotation. Luckily, there are some Beginner Yoga videos with only half the running time, yet still useful and informative.

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors