Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sorry, no points this time

Message 1 of 20

Hello @al45009948

I've gotten the message numerous times now, and I verify that I did receive points as @ralmon (Ray).  More problems to deal with without fixes😢. Stay safe😊

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@al45009948 

I always verify if I get my points by right-clicking the AARP logo on the top of the page, and opeing in a new tab or window. The Rewards points in that new tab/window tends to be updated to the correct current state.

The 2 videos I mentioned in my previous consistently gave me no points. I never went back to them again. Luckily, there are more than enough videos to view that are less than 2 minutes, if one doesn't want to waste too much time.

Cheers,
Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20
  • I've reported this problem to AARP REWARDS and they keep saying I've received my points ,but each time I watch some of Her videos it says Sorry No Points. 
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@ralmon 

Hello Ray,

I hope that was the first and last time for thatSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

Hi Marylin  @mi4090 

I haven't seen the error since I started avoiding those specific two videos. I'm back to the occasional 1 or 3 random videos that simply fail to give points but can be refreshed.

I did notice that if my laptop is on battery power instead of plugged in, there is a higher chance of some video flakiness. I suspect the laptop's CPU goes to a lower power state and can't easily keep up with the video stress.

I can't even imagine doing this on a device with less memory and slower processor, like a tablet or phone. It probably would take hours to accomplish what I can do in 15 to 30 minutes. Oh well, this trusty 6yr old Windows 8.1 laptop still gets the job done.

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

Hello @ralmon 

Ray got the same error message today but with different video, has it been fixed for you?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@AARPJessicaT 

today, the same 2 videos show that same behavior: upon completion I get the "Sorry" message, and a page refresh shows the videos as completed, but no points.

aarp-vid1-nopoints.JPG

aarp-vid2-nopoints.JPG

As of today, they are out of my rotation. Luckily, there are some Beginner Yoga videos with only half the running time, yet still useful and informative.

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@AARPJessicaT 

Same issue again today: same 2 videos give me "Sorry, no points at this time" error, showing the 300 points badge. Upon page refresh of the respective videos, the badges turn into completion checkmarks, but no points given (No worries, by the time you see this I'll probably have maxed with other activities)

The 2 videos are:

"3 Easy Moves for Stronger Knees - AARP"
https://videos.aarp.org/detail/videos/health/video/5426021284001/3-easy-moves-for-stronger-knees---a...

"Improve Arch Support With These 3 Moves - AARP"
https://videos.aarp.org/detail/videos/health/video/5426050120001/improve-arch-support-with-these-3-m...

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@AARPJessicaT 

This "Sorry, no points this time" issue seems to persist. 2 videos (Denise Austin videos, coincidentally) gave me that message today while still showing the 300 point badge.  Then, upon refresh, their badges converted to checkmarks as if completed. My calculation showed that was not the case, as I was 600 short at the time.

Moving on, I loaded 2 other unwatched videos and was able to receive their 2 x 300 points. The rest of the activities continued without issue to max.

Thanks,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

@ralmon 

After you reach max you can enter continuous promo codes for a 100 pts.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.