Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The app for Windows computer

Contributor

The app for Windows computer

Can you share with me the app you think will be helpful for Windows 10 computer?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am using a Dell CD with Office on it.  Word, Excel, Powerpoint and possibly more but am using these three and am happy.  

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I've used LibreOffice as a productivity suite for a few years, mostly for word processing and spreadsheet. It is free, feature-rich, and receives regular updates.

https://www.libreoffice.org

Contributor

The app for Windows 10:VLC, Adobe, 7Zip, notepad++ and office 365

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@EakertU412831 wrote:

Can you share with me the app you think will be helpful for Windows 10 computer?

I made SAR Image Processor which is free:

http://www.general-cathexis.com/

And, unlike Photoshop, it will allow you to counterfeit money.  Ha, Ha.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The app for Windows 10:VLC, Adobe, 7Zip, notepad++ and more.

https://get.adobe.com/cn/reader/

https://www.windows10passwordreset.com/

0 Kudos
Contributor

This is no AARP app. It's Adobe and Win10 password reset. LOL

0 Kudos
Contributor

@WaieryK428847 wrote:

The app for Windows 10:VLC, Adobe, 7Zip, notepad++ 

They have been installed on my pc.Thank you.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@EakertU412831 wrote:

@WaieryK428847 wrote:

The app for Windows 10:VLC, Adobe, 7Zip, notepad++ 

They have been installed on my pc.Thank you.

Windows Media Center is better than VLC.  See my post about how to install it on Windows 10.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Computer-Questions-Tips/Windows-Media-Center-for-Windows-10/m-p/211098...

Adobe what?  You don't need Adobe PDF reader because Microsoft Edge, which comes with Windows 10, reads PDF. 

Social Butterfly

@EakertU412831   What kind of app do you want? When buying programs/applications you need to check and see if they are compatible with Windows 10 and what the system requirements are. 

I have Office 365 Home and other programs/applications that I need for the things I do on my computer such as Quicken, Logo Design, Play Memories, Zinio among others.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have office 2007 (Windows 10 64 bit),my computer will be used for writing,occasionally play games on it,up to now, i've only downloaded one game and one PC cleaner,Windows explorer is recommended by my friend.
Is there any good app to help me manage my computer files,or something else I don't know.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@EakertU412831 

First thing office 2007 has reached end of life in support, I think.

You can do either Libre Office or Office Online for free. If Office365 doesnโ€™t thrill you.

Notepad++ 

Sumatra pdf

Compared to other Windows versions Windows actually works, updates are a crap shoot they either work or donโ€™t .Back up onto external hdd, and download a memory stick with Win10 os if it ever stops working.

Your choice complete restore or reinstall on a memory stick.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos

@Frozenoem wrote:

@EakertU412831 

You can do either Libre Office or Office Online for free. If Office365 doesnโ€™t thrill you.

Notepad++ 

Sumatra pdf

Compared to other Windows versions Windows actually works, updates are a crap shoot they either work or donโ€™t .Back up onto external hdd, and download a memory stick with Win10 os if it ever stops working.

Froze

Indeed Office 365 is not exciting.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@Frozenoem wrote:

@EakertU412831 

Notepad++ 

Sumatra pdf

Froze

Thank you for your advice,office 2007 does have reached end of life in support,so i am going to update them.

0 Kudos

nox player 6

@EakertU412831 wrote:

@Frozenoem wrote:

@EakertU412831 

Notepad++ 

Sumatra pdf

Froze

Thank you for your advice,office 2007 does have reached end of life in support,so i am going to update them.

I am using Libre office and this one is really good. Thanks for your advice.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@EakertU412831   Unless you just want to spend money on other programs/applications you probably have everything you need to manage your computer and Windows 10 already on it. Have you clicked on Start and looked at what you have. See example image below. Under W you will also see Windows Security and Windows System.

AARPWindowsApps2019.jpg

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP