Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Remember Netscape Navigator

I know Microsoft has been replacing Internet Explorer with Edge over the past several years.  Saw on the news today that they're finally shuttering it completely.  The report had a bit of a nostalgic spin to it and described IE as "One of the earliest and most popular Browsers in history".

I liked Netscape Navigator better than IE.  Anybody else remember Netscape Navigator?

https://www.techspot.com/article/2077-netscape-navigator/ 

Regular Contributor

My email address is still .netscape.net but AOL took it over years ago.

Super Contributor

I remember Netscape fondly. According to Wikipedia, some of the technology was eventually incorporated into Firefox. If you were on the web in the '90s do you remember how difficult it was to find information before the Google search engine was released? I think Yahoo was one of the better sources, but it didn't compare to what we have today.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi @DirkB349973 

I remember using boolean searches and selecting which search engine to use based on the nature of the search.

Social Butterfly

I do. I thought it was reliable and user friendly. Thanks for the nostalgia @EricC28201 .

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP