Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

We are having some work done on our home and I would put the money towards some landscaping the front yard to make it look nice with the other work we’re having done. I think it would finish it off nicely.

Contributor

I would support small businesses. 

Info Seeker

I would take a long walk and enjoy a beautiful  day  with family and friends

Contributor

Worked so many hours during lockdown (retail, filling online orders) I didn't get to do much at all for my gardens.  They got overrun with weeds and the good rain actually broke down the last of the boards holding the soil in my raised beds.  I'd use the $200 to hire an energetic  youth to help me put the gardens to right (dig weeds) and buy something more permanent for the garden walls.  Need our (organic) food beds more than ever this year.   Like my father before me  I find working the soil centering, soothing, satisfying.  Love seeing my family enjoy what I can grow in this small suburban yard. 

Periodic Contributor

I would take a much needed day or two off from work, sleep in late, then go outside and work on my walking trails and forest gardens.  That is my center and where I feel most at peace.  

I would head for the coast and spend a weekend at a simple motel with a view of the ocean, a simple book and magazines and no media or phone, two nights so a full day off in between.

Info Seeker +

Head out for a drive to northern or southern IN. Enjoy a leisurely lunch, watch the sun set.  Take a nap!  Get a massage!

ahh I would go local all the way...get my hair done first, it needs a noce cut, right after get an hour long message, then a stop off at my favorite restaurant and have a nice relaxing dinner with wine...get home, kick my feet up and watch a movie!

Contributor

I already sketched a couple of flower beds for my back and front yards so I'll use the $200 to purchase plants. OR... finally enclose my back porch. 

I would buy paint to do the outside doors!

I would buy flowers & plants to put in my yard!

Contributor

I would get a new screen door that I really need!!

Contributor

I would get my haircut and styled and get a massage. I broke my leg a month into the Covid shut down and have not been able to go out much sense. Since my leg is much better I can know physically endure a massage which is much needed

Contributor

I would love to take the day off and get my birthday massage that I've been unable to enjoy since last year because of Covid-19. I would spend the $200 on pantry items needed at the Mercy Seed Resource Center.

I would take an RV trip with my family to a beautiful park so we can enjoy nature and each other.  People are leaving this world too fast without living.  This would give us a chance to live.  Cooking on a campfire, hiking, swimming, bird watching, smelling the air. Hopefully, this will mend some broken hearts and restore relationships.

I would spend the day driving to visit my kids and bring them a surprise of grocery items for their favorite homemade meals so that we could FaceTime and make them together. ❤️

Contributor

If I win I would spend a day with my wife 

Contributor

Go to a supper club for a meal

I would spend the day doing pampering myself with DIY spa treatments!

Contributor

I would spend the day with my family making memories and relaxing.  I would then take the family out for a nice seafood dinner to top off the day!!!

I would sleep later than 6:00am take a long leisurely bath and actually taste the coffee in the morning.  Then take my grandson to the local Children's Museum and lunch with him & my daughter.  Nothing rushed.  Planned yet leisurely.

Contributor

I would go shopping.

I would get a massage and remove some of the stress of the last year. Then I would go to lunch and do some shopping that I have not been able to do for so long. Then I would go house and just relax and think of a couple of things I would like for the house

With $200 and a day off, I'd support my local businesses as much as possible: for example, get a nice take-out dinner for my family, purchase coffee and baked goods from a nearby bakery/coffee shop, hire my local plumbing company to put a new toilet in my house, etc. Oh...and maybe get a massage, too! 🙂

Periodic Contributor

I would sleep in late, have some coffee while sitting in the backyard with my husband.  Do an online yoga class and go for a walk outside (AZ weather is nice right now).  Order some pick up sushi and stop at a doughnut place for some doughnuts.  Use the rest of the money to order some nice things for the house.  Just relax the rest of the day and enjoy the company of my husband and our cats.

Contributor

Go Fishing and clean and cook fish lake side

Contributor

I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plants and vegetables, enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.

Contributor

I'd get the full deal at my local spa (facial, massage, manicure, pedicure). I would also sequester myself away somewhere alone and throw myself into my creative writing (i'm writing a book on my grandparents).

Contributor

I would take the day off and sit/lay by the water and watch the waves to relax.

Bronze Conversationalist

My son and daughter-in-law with their two young boys are planning to move to North Carolina as soon as possible after her folks sell their house in Draper, Utah, and the folks find another suitable one in NC. They plan to put the house on the market this coming week. With the real estate market so hot in our area right now, I think they'll have several offers within a day of listing.

After moving to NC, my son and daughter-in-law will house-sit while the folks go to China for a year, and then look for a house of their own out there after the folks return. Except for 2 years when my son lived in Texas, shortly after graduating high school, this will be the first time he and I will be living more than 80 miles apart, and more than only about 15 miles apart since he got married.

My wife and I haven't seen their family for months, except on our cell phones, mostly because of concern over the coronavirus.

If I won the $200 and day off, I'd treat my son and daughter-in-law and grandkids to a special picnic, so my wife and I could spend some face time visiting and enjoying food and company before they move away. We'd take lots of pictures. Since the two boys are not idle, I'm sure we'd take several videos, too.

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

P.S. I'm going to try to set up a picnic with them, anyway.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP