- AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Atari Talk
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- The Girlfriend
- Home & Family Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!
The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect. But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day.
We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200. Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!
Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points!
Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps? If not be sure to visit and enter here: https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/
* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.
- AARP Rewards
- blooms and wildlife. We would stop by a locally owned restaurant for lunch. We would top off the evening by dressing up for a special dinner to celebrate being together again.
- Day off
- enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.
- Finish crochet projects I started before Christmas.
- get a good steak supper and stay overnight in a nice motel before going home the next day! Thank you!
- I would buy an outside lounge chair and make a drink and sit outside and read.
- I would buy herbs for a beautiful herb garden I saw in a photo.
- I WOULD GIVE IT TO MY GRANDSON TO HELP HIM MOVE TO TENNESSEE TO PHARMACY SCHOOL. HE COMES FROM SINGLE PARENT FAMILY AND STUGGLES TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL OF BEING A PHARMHIST TO HELP HIS MOM HAVE BETTER LIFE
- I would pamper myself. So mnay years I've gone with no self care.
- I would regrass my lawn. My husband always kept it up and I lost him a year ago. I would love it to look good again...
- I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plant and vegetables
- I would take my daughters out to lunch ‘ shopping as a thank you for caring for me as I recover from cancer.
- If I win this gift I would take my friend to Mammoth Cave to hike and walk
- I’d be able to afford a 2 hour message for my Fibromyalgia! The rest of my week would be great after that!!
- maybe get a massage!Have a nie leisurely lunch
- my husband and I would take a road trip to visit our daughter
- Sleep in
- son-in-law and granddaughter. We would spend the late morning at an arboretum
- Take a day trip to be in nature with picnic and just enjoy the scenery.
- to see the new buds
- Visit some local wineries with my Family
- With Spring approaching
I would take an RV trip with my family to a beautiful park so we can enjoy nature and each other. People are leaving this world too fast without living. This would give us a chance to live. Cooking on a campfire, hiking, swimming, bird watching, smelling the air. Hopefully, this will mend some broken hearts and restore relationships.
I would get a massage and remove some of the stress of the last year. Then I would go to lunch and do some shopping that I have not been able to do for so long. Then I would go house and just relax and think of a couple of things I would like for the house
With $200 and a day off, I'd support my local businesses as much as possible: for example, get a nice take-out dinner for my family, purchase coffee and baked goods from a nearby bakery/coffee shop, hire my local plumbing company to put a new toilet in my house, etc. Oh...and maybe get a massage, too! 🙂
I would sleep in late, have some coffee while sitting in the backyard with my husband. Do an online yoga class and go for a walk outside (AZ weather is nice right now). Order some pick up sushi and stop at a doughnut place for some doughnuts. Use the rest of the money to order some nice things for the house. Just relax the rest of the day and enjoy the company of my husband and our cats.
My son and daughter-in-law with their two young boys are planning to move to North Carolina as soon as possible after her folks sell their house in Draper, Utah, and the folks find another suitable one in NC. They plan to put the house on the market this coming week. With the real estate market so hot in our area right now, I think they'll have several offers within a day of listing.
After moving to NC, my son and daughter-in-law will house-sit while the folks go to China for a year, and then look for a house of their own out there after the folks return. Except for 2 years when my son lived in Texas, shortly after graduating high school, this will be the first time he and I will be living more than 80 miles apart, and more than only about 15 miles apart since he got married.
My wife and I haven't seen their family for months, except on our cell phones, mostly because of concern over the coronavirus.
If I won the $200 and day off, I'd treat my son and daughter-in-law and grandkids to a special picnic, so my wife and I could spend some face time visiting and enjoying food and company before they move away. We'd take lots of pictures. Since the two boys are not idle, I'm sure we'd take several videos, too.
Stay well and enjoy!
P.S. I'm going to try to set up a picnic with them, anyway.
I think I'd go to the salon and maybe have my hair done! I haven't had a good cut and color since February 2020! Right before my sons wedding. Then Covid hit and well, I've not felt comfortable to have it done! Things are improving now so I'd love to cover all this gray! Hahaha
To win $200 would be a blessing. I love winning but so far haven't won anything on AARP. Oh, I tried but no such luck.
I tried the sweepstakes but didn't win. I tried the other items that were there but no such luck. I pretty much gave up on winning anything. I think that it is not meant for me so I stop trying to win. I don't even try yo win anything anymore.
God bless all of you you have won prizes and money.