Periodic Contributor

Rewards page not working since Sept, 1st 2021

Has anyone else had problems earning or redeeming points for the past 2 weeks ?

Contributor

I called 9/13 said report was made usual 3-5 business days. Called back this am first was told no report made than was told Friday it was "escalated to a supervisor" another 3-5 days. If you do get an email for any reason it is an automated general response. So much for customer service. I'm paid thru 10-31 and after 14+ years will not renew. It is almost impossible to redeem monthly points so they "expire" Whole program screws their members. AARP = Another Associated Ripoff Program in my opinion.

Periodic Contributor

I wish AARP can give us a straight answer and not give us excuses !

Periodic Contributor

I am having the same problem since Sept 1 also.  I have contacted them via Twitter.  Their latest response is: "We are working to resolve this issue. You may try using an incognito window. If the issue persists, please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. -BW"

Using an Incognito window did NOT fix my problem.

Periodic Contributor

I've been calling them everyday for the past week, very frustrating indeed, 14 days and they don't seem to have a fix for this is pretty lousy. I can log in to the rewards page but that's about it, no earning or redeeming is possible, keeps telling "my session has expired and please log in and refresh". All I know is that they will owe me lots of points once this is resolved since I can't earn my 7,500 daily max points.

Periodic Contributor

And you really expect them to give you all those points when you consider how effective they have been fixing the problem in the first place?  😜  Thanks for keeping on them for a fix!

Periodic Contributor

This is the error I get for the past two weeks when trying to redeem points  "We apologize for the inconvenience, your session has expired. Please login to proceed." Back around Sept 5th they did give me 3 days worth of max points (7,500 X 3)

Periodic Contributor

AARP's reply to me letting them know Incognito didn't work: "Thanks for getting back to us. We will continue working to resolve the issue and apologize for the inconvenience. If I can answer anything about membership or benefits, I'm always here to help! -Brittney W."

Periodic Contributor

I called today and talked to Mike in AARP Rewards.  I was told this is a "known problem" and I should try it again later today or tomorrow.  I should also "clear my history for the past 2 weeks" (because it worked so well the first time I did it).  Sorry if I don't have a lot of faith in this "solution".  ☹️

Community Concierge

@rharper10 We're looking into this issue further. I was able to create an escalation for you and you can expect to hear back from our designated team within 3-5 business days via email. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Any new updates on the rewards program being down ???

Periodic Contributor

Thank you for the escalation.  Is this different than the escalation from 9/7?

AARPTwitterReply_090721.JPG

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rharper10 I sent you a private message with more info. You can find your community inbox when you scroll to the top of this page and find the "My Profile" button then locate the envelope to the left of that button. Click the envelope icon to be taken to your private messages. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@a862639l We had a site outage that was resolved on September 1. Please try logging out of the site, clear your browser's cache and cookies, make sure your browser is up to date, and log back in. Our help article discusses accepted browsers and steps to complete this troubleshooting: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/site-issues

If the troubleshooting above does not resolve the issue, please let me know exactly what is happening when you try to earn or redeem. Are you getting an error message? Are you able to log in? etc. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

NO, i was told today by a AARP rewards rep that there is a system wide outage that they are aware of. Very frustrating since i haven't been able to earn points since Sept, 1st

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@a862639l Let's get to the bottom of this. I have sent your complaint about the site to our escalations team so they can look into your earn and redeem issues. Please allow up to 3-5 days for a response via email.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Anyone ????

0 Kudos
Contributor

Some videos failed to load, but no other problems for me. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health