Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

AARP Rewards Not Working

Nothing works for me on the AARP Rewards site - not the quizzes, not the activities, not the sweepstakes, nothing.  I never earn points for anything, and when I try to use points either nothing happens or I get an error message.  It has been that way for months.  I have 55,715 points and can't earn more or use what I have.  

Example: I try to enter a bonus code and get the error message "An error occurred. Please contact Customer Care for assistance."

How the heck do I contact Customer Care?

Info Seeker

Stupid program

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am concerned... they send me an email and are able to redeem my points for a "chance" to win a gift card but cannot redeem in order to give me gift cards?   This is fishy - is the intent to get seniors to spend down on something they will not have to pay out on before allowing us to purchase.   I have been pursining all week and all I get is that "their very best IT people are on it".   I worked way too long in corporate american not to recognize stonewalling when I hear it.   This from an organizationt that is supposed to support seniors.   If you make a committment, you need to fulfill it.   They need to address this on the main site page....

Info Seeker

I agree!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I've been trying for almost a month to purchase a gift card from aarp rewards. Every time, the checkout tells me "Something went wrong with your transaction. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support ",

I am using the same credit card as used months earlier. Also tried different cards & PayPal.  It's as if my account has been blocked from making purchases.

I talked to two people at support. Neither was of any help.

Community Manager
Community Manager

We have sent you an email and private message to see if we can resolve this issue for you.  Please respond to me through one of those channels.  Thank you.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will have this looked into and get back to you, sorry you are experiencing this.

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

What about my problem?  I've sent multiple e-mails to the support e-mail address but have gotten no response.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am on it!  Sorry should have tagged you as well!

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Thank you.

Contributor

The program was working fine through December 2020.  Then "welcome to 2021" and a completely worthless (un)rewards program.  Not only have they removed ALL of the gift cards you can get for points, but now most of the sweepstakes have disappeared too.  What they are doing is unethical and dishonest.  They are encouraging people to earn points then making it impossible to redeem them.  Oh yes, they will point out something like the "soap card" which isn't something I or anyone I know would have any use for, but hey, it gives them a lame way of claiming the program is still working.  NEWS FLASH: It isn't working.  They need to be honest.  If the points are worthless (which in my opinion they are), they should stop letting people save up more points.  Let folks do the quizzes, videos, etc. WITHOUT EARNING POINTS.  Don't build up expectations. 

As for the "NEW AND IMPROVED" program, whoever the idiot was behind trashing the former system for this piece of garbage they should be taken to the wood-shed.  

Until AARP gets its act together they are just trashing their reputation.  I for one will not be using their referral program.  If I can't trust their word for something as simple as a rewards program why would I think they have my best interest at heart by recommending other business to me.

My biggest disappointment, I renewed my membership last fall for 5 years.  Trust me, I won't be making that mistake again.

Worthless reward points, worthless AARP.

Periodic Contributor

And to add insult to injury, I just had almost 10,000 points expire because they weren't used.  NEWS FLASH - I tried using them but can't because the website doesn't work.

I also e-mailed the customer care e-mail address and have yet to receive a response.

I'm done with the sorry website.

I lost all my points as well.  I swear I read somewhere that they never expire.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Kdm5g8td AARP Rewards points expire on a rolling 12-month basis; you may be interested in checking out our help site for more info: https://aarp.info/2GwmcBb

For detailed steps for viewing current AARP Rewards points that recently expired or will be expiring soon, go to When will my Rewards points expire?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

These are the  AARP Program Rules ---click here --->  Program Details and Rules, The AARP Rewards Playbook

--->  Points Expiration: Unused points expire 12 months after they are earned, in monthly batches on a rolling basis. Be sure to use them before time is up. To see your points expiration status, go to your Transaction history and filter for expired points, or click here.

😎

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@briscoedarling 

Try here, hope this helps

https://help.aarp.org/s/

lucyp061351
Trusted Contributor

Hi or you can try ConsumerCare@aarp.org <consumercare@aarp.org> and explain to them the problems you have had.  I think they will help you.

Good Luck 

God Bless stay safe 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you can call AARP Rewards program at 1-866-451-6305 (Weekdays 7am- 11pm ET).  They can help you get resolve any issues you are having.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I sent an e-mail.  I don't have time for a phone call.

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm not having the same problem, I just wanted to find out about the maximum number of points you can earn. I know it's 7500 but my question is what happened to the ' You've reached your maximum points for the day ) at the moment I have to check my transaction history often. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Regular Contributor

Just like everything else on AARP rewards, it works when it works, when it doesn't just clear your cookies, reinstall your browser & operating system, buy a new modem & light a prayer candle.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @CharlesR39428

“......reinstall your browser & operating system, buy a new modem & light a prayer candle.... ” 😄

hilarious.....made me chuckle as well.  🤣

Humor helps ease the pain of this ridiculous program.....

Take care   ☮️ ~Allen

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP