Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your fears about Social Security

Message 321 of 323
I am new to receiving Social Security.  Last week I went to the grocery store and bought staples, many of which were not previously prepared foods.  When I arrived home, I went to my files and checked the same 19 items that I purchased this time last year and found that I had paid 30% more this year than last for the same items.  Gasoline has increased almost double (average) in the last 12 months.  Most federal employees, including US Congressmen, have received cost of living increases.  Some in the amount of 16% increase in one year, as per the US News reported on television.  I have been told that the Social Security recipients have NOT received even a cost of living increase for at least three years (as per local recipients). 

Is there a chance that this inequity of passing out increases will be addressed?  And When?

Jack V. Smith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Share your fears about Social Security

Message 322 of 323

1)     In the article,  Social Security Fears, many Social Security myths are addressed. What concerns you the most about Social Security? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Share your concerns about Social Security

Message 322 of 323

1)     In the article,  Social Security Fears, many Social Security myths are addressed. What concerns you the most about Social Security? 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE