Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 121 of 339

Right where I am now, in the foothills of NC.  Enjoy all 4 seasons, the mountains are great for a day trip.  Lots of parks, libraries, and festivals.  The ocean is 4 hours away.  I like to visit, but I am home now.  Can't wait to wake up to the birds songs with no alarm, and find my joy each day in retirement.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 339

I'm really thinking of somewhere with the college triangle in North Carolina.

NC is a conservative state, but the college triangle is liberal.

There is one not for profit senior community there that looks especially interesting--question is, but can I afford it?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 339

Murray is a fantastic town!  I'm from there and I really miss it.  It's only drawback (for me at least) is that there are no bookstores (other than a religious one and the one at the university).

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 339

I would love to live in the poorest town along the Apachanian Trail in the mountains.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 339

Murray, KY

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 339

Wapanucka Oklahoma 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 339

Tennessee has some good places, lots of fishing. Also the Carolinas. Not into fishing or golf, but I know lots of friends who went to Tennessee to retire. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 339
You might want to check out our community, On Top Of The World in Ocala, Florida. We have about all that you are looking for. We're here almost two years and love it here.....
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 339

We would love to retire somewhere like the Villages in Florida, but they're too expensive and Florida is too hot. 

We aren't golfers but love the idea of the golf cart community with grocers, shopping, Drs, dentists, movies all nearby and a community center where you can play games, swim, etc. 

Anyone know of these in a more temperate climate? Fishing nearby would be a huge plus!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 339

I am so spoiled with a high expectation for my dream forever home.  I want the best of all worlds --small town ambiance, rural connections, and big city amenities.  Oh, and I don't want to leave CA.  'From the mountains, from the deserts, to the sea' (anyone remember news anchor Jerry Dumphy?), I have lots of options but I will have to do some serious negotiating and additional savings mojo to get what I want. This kind of Fantasy ain't cheap.  LOL/sigh...

Fey Lady
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors