WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 291 of 308
Our financial adviser told us, travel where you think you'd like to live, Rv or rent first. Once you make a move, you may be stuck. Some of his clients had bought in other states, after living there a couple years, hated it. Then couldn't sell. You don't want to get stuck. So we are traveling while we can. And after living in the Pacific Northwest rain, we know we don't want to live here. Expensive also. On a lighter note, you have everything in the state of Washington, great place to visit in the summer!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 292 of 308
Retired & left expensive Maryland to live much more comfortably in Hartwell, Ga.. With temperate climate, low cost of living, great golfing,. & beautiful Lake Hartwell,, Hart County Ga is known as "the best & friendliest little town by a dam site"! -- & that it is!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 293 of 308

We have retired and are looking to move to Mexico. We spent 3 months down there this year and absoluety loved it. We are going back down there for 2 months and then back again next year

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 294 of 308
I love Oregon. Figure out what you want and needs are. Call the chamber of commerce in the city you are interested in and they can send you free information on the area. You can also order at a charge a relocation packet. I have always found this useful.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 295 of 308

I'm retired so we have been thinking of where to retire and concluded that we should stay put where we have are or move near where our children are.

As we get older and frail, family support is most important and if your children lives far away, it is hard on them and for yourselve.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 296 of 308

If you are not going to continue living in your present home after retirement (not recommended if you chose your home rationally), move to Boise, ID.  Great climate with seasonal changes, relatively small community where people are friendly and helpful, and cheap (but getting more expensive with time).

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 297 of 308
Although PA is beautiful it is quite expensive and winters are cold.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 298 of 308

My husband recently retired, we moved back to Maine to be close to our children, things are not going as planned and as crazy as it sounds we now wish we had stayed in Indiana.  Love being near the kids and grand kids but Maine is a very expensive state to live in.  Have considered Myrtle Beach but can't make up our minds.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 299 of 308
Been retired 5 years
Still live in same home
Live where u r happy
If you have to take a mortgage to move someplace else is not worth it
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 300 of 308
I finally have my home the way I want it so I plan to stay here in east central Illinois for awhile. I do however plan to travel on peace and justice trips as long as I am able. I've been to Nicaragua twice and the second time brought 139 new Spanish language books to a small village in the mountains. Education is the beginning of freedom for these friends!
Tags (3)
Kudos
Views