Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Rewards Catalog are a Blessing!

Thanks Aarp! 

I've managed to obtain items that I wouldn't normally be able to afford due to your rewards program.

Thanks so much, I really, really, really appreciate it!

Regular Contributor

I actually came on here to express the same sentiments and found this post.๐Ÿ˜Š I am thankful that AARP gives us the opportunity to win/purchase with points gift cards that allow us to have a special treat. My husband & I were members long before we discovered the Rewards program so I am happy for the added benefit. 

Someone below mentioned that the Rewards program is largely open to non-members. That seems like a missed marketing opportunity for AARP. I would limit most if not all of the rewards to paying members. After all, it is labeled as a โ€œrewardโ€, so what would non-members being rewarded for?๐Ÿค”  It is a little disappointing to think that non-seniors could be gobbling up items that they can easily afford as opposed to those of us on fixed income. If limited to members-only I think many senior outsiders would join the program (a win for AARP) and if they donโ€™t, there would be more rewards to go around for paid members (a win for us). Just my 2 cents on that.๐Ÿ˜Š Either way, Iโ€™m very thankful for the program & hope it continues. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@TheTam 

You are spot on with your comments. I don't know about you or other members but with a fixed income and little left after monthly expenses I am not about to pay $4 for a $5 card. AARP just doesn't understand the very people ( SENIORS ) it claims it's supporting. We need just a few more POINTS ONLY eCARDS 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

Yes the rewards are a blessing.Where else can we pay such a low yearly fee $12 - $16 and get so many benefits.The membership gives discounts at many places and I see the rewards as an added benefit that they don't even have to offer us at all.I pay twice the fee at Consumer Reports and they don't give me free gift cards for instance.

I love the streaming services and while I did subscribe to them with out the cards its been really nice to get them for free in recent months.A lot of the gift cards don't apply to my area but I am sure someone can use them.An example,if they added Kroger I could use those but many people would not be able to since Kroger is regional.Its the same with most the cards.I feel like if I only get a reward once or twice a year it more than pays my yearly membership fee.I also like the Omaha Steaks cards.Their foods are a bit expensive but with a card or two or three it makes the prices comparable with the local grocery.I see that as a treat I would not normally purchase.

Maybe I don't expect much for an under $20 yearly membership fee but the rewards are just an extra benefit and I am more than satisfied to be able to redeem for a card once in awhile.I don't expect 3 or 4 cards per month.If I can get them,great...if not still great.

The site without rewards is more than worth the membership fee in my opinion.So much info to be found,the exercise videos,money management,food and recipes,and AARP stands up for Seniors and offer so many benefits.I appreciate it all regardless of how many gift cards I get even if its none.

Community Concierge

@MemberS2006   Comments like yours make our day!  I'm glad you are enjoying your membership and Rewards!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

What planet did you just arrive from ? Stick around and you will see how foolish your statement is. Itโ€™s time for a come to Jesus moment.
Just Saying
lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus 

I am definitely not happy with the coming rolling cancellation of points and the current state of the catalog since the announcement.  I'm hoping for better opportunities, but, I will not remain silent about my concerns because AARP annual dues are low, @MemberS2006.  Actually, it matters little if you are an AARP member or not...you can join AARP Rewards and redeem points on most items in the catalog, enter sweeps, scramble for the Daily Deal, buy many of the reduced price gift cards.  Non-members can earn 5,000 points per day, plenty of points I would say. Membership dues have little to do with the coming rolling cancellation of points and the current lack of cool deals in the catalog.

AndrewToo
Conversationalist

@andrewtoo

I totally understand and thats one of the nice things about the forum.We are free to state how we feel and I like that.I wasn't being negative toward anyone but I see it as something thats free so I don't complain about free.Also it takes a lot of effort to offer all the things AARP does.I love the monthly magazine and the bulletin newspaper too.Sounds as if they plan to make a lot of changes so I hope they will be changes that you like.

Gold Conversationalist

@MemberS2006  @andrewtoo    You are both right.   Getting any extra benefits is great.   Having way less than in the old program is not.   

However, this morning I got the $35 P.F. Chang card.   Only once in the old program (at the end) did I get a card worth more than that....a $50 Bed Bath and Beyond card.  Never won an auction for the big goodies or a sweepstakes of any significance.

Today I am a happy camper!

Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq 

Congrats on the P.F. Chang card, Sadly they have closed ours here in Jackson, MS along with our Outback and a few others. Covid-19 is just killing our restaurants. Just don't feel comfortable yet about going inside and sitting down, sticking to take out only for now.

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Saw the P.F. Chang card.  Looked nice, couldn't use it because of limit

of redemptions per month.  It didn't appear to be available for very long.

I'm glad you could use a redemption for the card!

AndrewToo
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP