Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Instant Wins - Clarity

Thank you all for your feedback on our new Instant Win games. We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies for the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.

Once the discrepancies are addressed, the winning visualizations will be as follows:

• For the Slot Machine game, a winning result is three gift card images in a row
  • For the Tile Shuffle game, a winning result is three gift card images in the top, horizontal row only

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

AARPTeri
Gold Conversationalist

Thanks...

& ^^^ Good one as well,Gary!  @garyfish49 🤣

Also.... thanks for all the kudos!

🎤*mic drop* <<<<<LOL!!

As always...

Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Silver Conversationalist

Well if anyone is wondering I am here to tell you that nothing has been done to fix this mess with the instant wins that admin has forced upon us.

tsk tsk tsk  The three ZAPPOS came up at 3:30 pm CST TODAYIMG_0391.png

lucyp061351
Honored Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus  Ahh, right there with ya!  🙄

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@AARPTeri - Are there any updates of clarity regarding the new instant wins issues? There are several here (please read the thread), to include myself, that have '3-in-a-row,' and not a winner | I just got  '3-in-a-row,' as well as @rednexsrus [see below], and these plays are not winners? Any updates coming from AARP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This was my Kohl's instant win play from this evening, and although I'm not a rocket scientist, this looks like a win to me.  ⬇️

03142024 hmm 3 Kohl's and not a winner this makes sense.png

This is a 3-in-a-row from @rednexsrus⬇️ 

@rednexsrus wrote ‎03-13-2024 11:26 PM:

Well if anyone is wondering I am here to tell you that nothing has been done to fix this mess with the instant wins that admin has forced upon us.

tsk tsk tsk  The three ZAPPOS came up at 3:30 pm CST TODAYIMG_0391.png

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

@KellytheBelly 

Although it appears that you and @rednexsrus should be winners from the 3 in the row visuals, the difference I noticed from comparing @DanieleL713078 winning visual is that there is an additional "pop-up" gift card on top of the slot machine.  So unless you get that "4th" pop up gift card on top of the slot machine,  it won't be considered a winning visual.  Hope @Teri will clarify further.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.  We are working on resolving the visual issues.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri  So, for obvious reasons, shouldn't this new instant win format be placed 'on hold,' until the visual issues are fixed? 

@AARPTeri wrote
‎03-15-2024 08:38 AM:

Rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.  We are working on resolving the visual issues.

Regular Contributor

Yes! On hold.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 Hmm, so if the one-armed bandit doesn't cough up a 4th card on a 3-card slot machine, nobody's a winner. Makes totes sense to me!  👌🏻 🙄

@JoLo49 wrote 03-14-2024 12:43 AM:

@KellytheBelly 

Although it appears that you and @rednexsrus should be winners from the 3 in the row visuals, the difference I noticed from comparing @DanieleL713078 winning visual is that there is an additional "pop-up" gift card on top of the slot machine.  So unless you get that "4th" pop up gift card on top of the slot machine,  it won't be considered a winning visual.  Hope @Teri will clarify further.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @rednexsrus 

Sorry you didn't win the Zappos.  I wish AARP would discontinue these Instant Win games until  the visuals are fixed or return to the former Instant Win games.

Regular Contributor

Agreed!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

They do not appear to care that they are delivering a reward redemption that appear to steal the reward.  That reflects on the value and integrity of all that they do.

Regular Contributor

To the Community:

Has anyone actually won a gift certificate since the Instant Wins changed format to slot machine type?

Periodic Contributor

The silence is deafening...many have seen what should what should have been a win but no one can report receiving one.

Regular Contributor

Clarification to "won a gift certificate" above... was meant to mean actually receiving a copy of a gift certificate. 

Community Concierge

Hi KristBelt! You can find the list of winners today at: https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions/sweeps-rules/ -Sue J

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I found the correct link:

https://winlists.helloworld.com/245438_IW.pdf

Still no instant win winners since March 6. 

Does anyone know the day that the format changed?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@KristBelt  The new format for Instant Win games started Feb. 27. 2024

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

That link is for the sweepstakes winners, not the Instant Win winners.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

AARPConsumerCare: Have you actually looked at the link you sent? The list of winners stops with Jan 15-31, 2024. The list is far from current and only addresses Sweepstakes winners not Instant Wins.  

Community Concierge

We appreciate your feedback, BeachGirl23! I'm happy to forward. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@BeachGirl23  It's 'obvious' nobody is coherently responding. If you'll notice, these responses are 'just for show.' These bots are hoping someone in the higher arena of AARP will notice how they've made some bare-minimum impact to help this community, and hope for some 'attagirl/attaboy/attaGREATJOB' interjections, by which they have big hopes to advance in their position. It's the most transparency I've seen come from AARP, actually. Not to set aside how... it means nothing to the actual community and their concerns. 

Super Contributor

According to @DanieleL713078 he/she did just that

DanieleL’s post : got the gift card email so it agrees with what @AARPTerri was telling us. It seems the animation is not properly working yet.

this is the only member that has had a win so far as I know

Periodic Contributor

Yes, thank you Super Contributor Bill for letting @KristBelt know before I had any hope of doing it 😀.

Yes, @KristBelt, I got the email and the eGift card. @AARPTeri was really emphasized that the message is correct so the animation is the problem.

The fireworks of glitter is a great treat when you win. I hope you get to see it soon.

Regular Contributor

That is good news, since the list of instant winners didn't show any winners since March 6. Was March 6 before or after when the format changed?aarp.jpg

Community Concierge

Hi Kristbelt! I have no information as to the timing of posting the winners. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

HI, I wasn't asking about the timing of the posting of the winners.

I was asking about what date the instant win format changed, so that I could compare that date with the dates of actual instant win winners. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPConsumerCare  Hi Sue. Can you clarify further? You provided a link for sweepstakes and we only have information that does not go past March 6th, 2024, thus, nobody can actually find out if they are truly winners if you provide an outdated link. Can you provide a more recent link? The inquiring community wants to know. Thanks! 🙂 

@AARPConsumerCare wrote ‎03-15-2024 11:45 AM:

Hi Kristbelt! I have no information as to the timing of posting the winners. -Sue J

@AARPConsumerCare wrote ‎03-12-2024 07:35 PM:

Hi KristBelt! You can find the list of winners today at: https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions/sweeps-rules/ -Sue J

cc: @AARPTeri  - FYI. In case you're not paying attention, @AARPConsumerCare  is not doing such a great job. I think this non-response requires more training in how to interact appropriately with the community, going forward, without creating more confusion to a broken feature that AARP has implemented to the community, not that the community has to continually try to get something to happen from AARP. We are not the problem. Thank you. 

Community Concierge

Hi Kelly. For more information on how to know if you won a Sweepstakes or Instant Win for AARP Rewards, please click on https://aarp.info/3kmOzTZ If you have any questions, I'm always here to help. - Stephen K. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Has this been corrected yet?  If not, by continuing the Instant Win in a state that will show a win but claim it is not, puts in question the integrity of the contest, the integrity of the Rewards Benefit and the integrity of AARP.    If the problem has not been fixed and the contest is continuing, I would suggest that it is a fraud. Does anyone disagree with that?   

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP