Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How can the AARP Foundation Points Contribution be “sold out”?

Gold Conversationalist

I do understand when a company here has limited items for our redemption, & therefore will be “sold out” eventually. I don’t understand the reasoning behind the AARP Foundation Points Contribution being “sold out”?

It says: “We’re working to get more inventory….This item is currently out of stock” 🤔 Do they keep them stocked in a warehouse somewhere?....lol 😉

But seriously….the AARP Foundation does so much good work to, among other things…. “end senior poverty by helping vulnerable older adults build economic opportunity and social connections.”

It would seem that being able to donate to such a good cause should always be an option for us.

sold out.JPG

Gold Conversationalist

On an earlier post I mentioned {“ * as of 12/15/21…. Good news: while the AARP Foundation Points Contribution is still “sold out”…. a new rewards item has appeared:  “AARP Foundation Points Contribution - Help End Senior Poverty” @ 4,000 Points”}

Unfortunately…. as of 12/20/21 …

that offer is also SOLD OUT!

Anyhoot...

Happy Holidaze! 🎅 🤶 🎄 ~Allen 

AARP Foundation Points Contribution SOLD OUT!AARP Foundation Points Contribution SOLD OUT!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

"Disclosure

Your point contribution to support AARP Foundation will result in a payment from AARP to AARP Foundation. Your point contribution is not tax-deductible."

---

AARP Rewards please disclose the amount of the "payment."

I'll be happy to start giving again, if/when, the  "payment" amount to the Foundation resulting from my points donation is disclosed.  I remain unhappy with the lack of clarity.

Thanks so much!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @andrewtoo Thanks for your reply.

I agree….& you bring up some good points. As I mentioned in an earlier post here…. what they add on the bottom of the page about “Disclosure” does not answer our questions.

Since they set the Contribution at 4,000 points, it must have a set value. Actually, IMHO, it would seem to be a good idea that they should disclose to us just what that Point Contribution value is.

Anyhoot...

Happy Holidaze! ~Allen 

Gold Conversationalist

* as of 12/15/21…. Good news: while the AARP Foundation Points Contribution is still “sold out”…. a new rewards item has appeared:

“AARP Foundation Points Contribution - Help End Senior Poverty”

@ 4,000 Points

AARP Foundation Points Contribution - Help End Senior PovertyAARP Foundation Points Contribution - Help End Senior Poverty

Take care ~Allen 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Thanks! While this was not available yesterday, it is today and I snagged before it could be "Sold Out".

Please everyone jump on it!

Thanks for the heads up!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hello again @WebWiseWoman

You’re welcome. Maybe AARP saw my post & felt badly…. & decided to add another reward! lol 😊

Regardless…Being able to donate to such a good cause should always be an option for us….& never be subject to being "Sold Out"

Take care ~Allen

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

As with many questions raised on here, no answer from AARP.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @ridgeviewfarm  Thanks for your reply.

I agree….if they won’t answer…at least community members such as yourself do take the time & effort to get involved & make comments & suggestions…so thanks to you ….& all the other members who do as well.

Take care ~Allen 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I, too, want to contribute every month.

Not sure, but wonder if related to AARP Foundation Contribution? 

"Curioser, and curioser..."

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Gold Conversationalist

Hello again @WebWiseWoman

Thanks for your reply.

I agree… I want to be able to have the choice to contribute to such a good cause in any month.

Take care WebWiseWoman

~Allen

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I assume that ‘rewards points’ by themselves are not very valuable to the foundation—what are they going to do with made up currency used for entering contests?   
That probably means that the point are converted to some dollar value using an arbitrary exchange rate.  Based on gift cards purchased for point, it’s probably round 30 to 50 cents per 1000 points, maybe 4000 pts is $2 donation. 

but aarp rewards must have a budget cap on what they can spend each month as the money has to come from somewhere. By capping the number of donations, at least we know it’s likely that each donation is actually converted to cash, which the foundation can use. 

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @AlanL775885

Thanks for your reply. You bring up some good points. Since they set the Contribution at 4,000 points, it must have a set value. Actually, IMHO, it would seem to be a good idea that they should disclose to us just what that value is. What they add on the bottom of the page, which does not answer our question, is this:

“Disclosure

Your point contribution to support AARP Foundation will result in a payment from AARP to AARP Foundation. Your point contribution is not tax-deductible”

From one Allen ....to another Alan….. Take care

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP