Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

Gift card purchase not received

I bought a few gift cards on Tuesday, didn't get it and was told to wait until 24 hours (which is fair.) However, I spoke to someone and was told that my case is being escalated to their Rewards team. It is Friday, and still nothing yet, and no one has contacted me as well. Is this happening to anyone else? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I reached out to them in their online chat and they were supposed to resend the email, however i still haven't received it. I bought the gift card on Saturday, today is Tuesday. They told me yesterday to allow another 24 hours. I will have to report fraud to my bank. Warning to others to not buy gift cards or anything thru aarp. I made the mistake in thinking it was a safe website. i bought a few others that i received, so i guess that's the lure; you buy a few and receive them, then buy more and not receive them. I wonder if the merchants know about this. I also now receive so many spam emails since i joined aarp.  UPDATE:  I reached out to rewards/AARP, and they found my email was removed on their end. The rep was able to fix the issue and emailed me the gift card. Do not use the chat to resolve this, you must call so they can research and see if that is the issue.

Community Concierge

@ThuvanN655980 Hi Thuvan, I checked up on your escalation. Please reach out to our team using the direct phone # provided in the email sent to you on Sept 8. Our escalations team needs to obtain additional info from you in order to resolve your case. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes, emailed them friday. No response. Emailed them again this morning and left voicemail as well. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ThuvanN655980 Great! They are needing to speak with you over the phone. If you left a voicemail today, you can expect them to call you back soon. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello - I purchased gift cards and it indicated my purchase was confirmed. However I have not yet received the gift cards. I have checked my inbox, spam/junk folder, etc but it is clear that there is a problem at your end. I need the gift cards asap. Also tried calling customer service and very conveniently they are closed on Thanksgiving. Can you address asap? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

If you need a solution you will not find one with AARP. I had to go back and forth with them for weeks and in the end, they just refunded my money after wasting my time. did not get my gift cards, no one contacted me and I had to CHASE after them. 

Periodic Contributor

Update: still nothing yet. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ThuvanN655980 Thanks for getting back to me, Thuvan! I reviewed the history and when you spoke with our team on Sept 12, you were given the direct phone # to the person handling your escalation. Please use that direct phone # for resolution. Also, your email reply to our team did not include your phone # for them to call you back. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Received this last night 

"Thank you for contacting AARP. The AARP Rewards gift cards you recently
attempted to purchase resulted in incomplete transactions. Therefore, we are
unable to provide you with gift cards.

The 
credit due to you was processed on 9/13/2023 to the original
credit card used. This refund will be reflected through your financial institution within 5-7 business days, if not sooner, depending on the financial institution.

Our apologies for any frustration this may have caused."

You guys made me wait a whole week, just to say you guys are unable to provide me with gift cards, and the issue with trying to enter instant win, and sweepstakes are still not fixed. "Unable to process your redemption request" 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I called that direct phone number multiple times, trust me. Also I did reply back with a phone number. 

"Thank you for contacting AARP. I would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience.

Fri, Sep 8 at 10:36 PM

978*******, would is it be possible to contact through email? 

Sent from my iPhone"
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ThuvanN655980 I'm terribly sorry that this outcome was not what you were expecting. If you try the purchase again and experience any issues, please let me know and we will create another escalation if needed. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Here’s a suggestion…don’t advertise that it only takes 48 hours to receive the gift cards…just make it 10 days and save the customer the runaround.  I’m still waiting for my $3700 worth of gift cards to come through, and yes I’ve called Customer Service, then got transferred to rewards, then got “escalated” to someone else. The kicker is that with both the Rewards rep AND  the “escalation rep,” the ONLY thing they’ve done is verify mailing info…but none of them can seem to answer WHY this problem is occurring in the first place…THAT’S what ticks me off.  My opinion?  It’s deliberate.  For whatever reason, it’s deliberate on the part of AARP.  If it wasn’t, it’d be getting fixed ASAP so as to provide phenomenal service to the customer.  So since it’s deliberate, just make the waiting period what it is…10-12 days.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP