Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Free Method isn't Working

Hello Community,

I've used (5) different browsers to use the "Free Entry Method" in Redeem section to no avail.  I keep getting a Error message asking to refresh page on every browser with my login.

Is anyone else having this problems?

@sandycould you please help?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Screenshot_2020-01-28 AARP Rewards Prize verification and shipping(1).png

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Hello Janelle,

I hope all is well.

Still can't enter $10 Regal eGift card via the official rules;

it gives me the error message below after clicking

on the link to enter from the rules pdf and will only gives me that

error message every time I try.

This message has been showing up from time to time

recently, but, if I try it again (maybe a couple or more times)

then it will let me enter.  It gave me the error below for the

$10 The Vitamin Shoppe® gift card* (10/5/2022) also, ending

today, after reentering from the start (from the official rules link).

Thanks for all your help!

Andrewtoo

Instant win not available.jpg

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hey @AARPJanelleM 

Having a problem entering the $10 Regal eGift card instant win game via the free method from the official rules (part of rules shown below).  It is giving the following error:

Instant win not available.jpg

Regal Instant win.jpg

I hope you can help or report the error.

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@andrewtoo Thanks for flagging! I've let our team know and we'll get this corrected asap. 

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

I wanted to wait a few days before I posted to be more certain that it was not just an anomaly. But, the Free Method has been working for me on a laptop and another regular computer both using Chrome since September 1st.

Thanks for anything you did behind the scenes or was it just magic again, Janelle?

Take care,

AndrewToo
Community Concierge

@andrewtoo Fantastic, Andrew! Glad to hear it 😊 You know where to find us if you need anything in the future!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@garyfish49 

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I worry that I cause more confusion rather than being helpful sometimes.

As for the instant wins, you cannot use both the free method and the 50 point

method on the same day in my experience.  They are keeping track of that.

You can get credit one way or the other but not both.

I have used the free method to help pay for the inflated "cost" of sweeps

and gift cards and the occasional magazine for points only. 

It is only 127,000 points per year that I save with the free method, but, my

point total is down still by 920,000 from its high last year.

Thanks again Gary,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Thanks for responding.  None of the games allowed me to get to the form page where I enter personal information and get a free entry.  I tried early this morning, maybe 1:30am or so. This was after earning my points for the day, therefore, the system was working and I was signed on.

On the 30th I was able to enter all of the games, but, I had to refresh the "We're Sorry..." page several times on some games as detailed below:

Here is the rundown on how many times I had to reload for each game:

$10 Amazon.com Gift Card* (8/30/2022)   3 times
$15 BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse gift card* (8/29/2022)   6 times
$10 Ulta Gift Card* (8/28/2022)   4 times
$10 Banana Republic eGiftCard* (8/27/2022)  14 times
$10 Red Robin Gift Card* (8/26/2022)  1 time
$10 Columbia Sportswear gift card* (8/25/2022) 8 times

$10 Sephora eGift Card* (8/24/2022)   1 time

I don't know if this helps, but, I have seen it before and it cleared up on it's own.  No clearing of cache or cookies helped in the past when this happens.  I'm just surprised that others are not posting if they have a problem.

Thanks again for the response...

AndrewToo
Conversationalist

Andrew, thanks for all the info you provide here in this thread, and on the Forum in general... I find your posts to be informational and constructive... and sometimes downright entertaining!

Curious, though, whether you have a sense of the success rate of Instant Wins using the "free method" versus the "50-points method." I would presume that they would be equal, and thus one could conceivably double their Instant Wins by consistently using both methods. But in my experience with the "50-points method," the success rate of Instant Wins is exceedingly rare to negligible... so doubling those infinitesimal odds still translates to seeing the "Lucky You!" message almost never. YMMV.

Carry on...

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Hello @andrewtoo 

You have an enormous amount of patience to use the free method for the instant win games.  I haven't used the "free" method in a very long while and prefer to spend the 50 points to save time.  I have never had as much difficulty as you are currently having with the free method, but there were a few times I had to re-enter my information to get the entry to go through.  I felt it was more time efficient to spend the points for these games.   You have a lot of patience to reload as many as 14 times to enter.

I presume not many are using the free method because of the technical difficulties.  Thanks for posting and hope the technical difficulties are resolved soon.

Social Butterfly

@MariaK113398 

Hello Maria,

I go to the link below showing the "Daily Instant Win Rules", it is a handy link if you enter the instant win games frequently via the Free Entry Method:

https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions/instant-win-rules/

This is only for instant wins.  Sweepstakes have different rules.

Generally, the top seven games shown on the page are active.  There is a link for each instant win game.  After you click on a link you will see a section on the first page that looks like this from today's new instant win game (the "$10 Hotels.com gift card* (8/31/2022)"):

-Example-

"b. Free Method of Entry: During the Promotion Period, log into your AARP Rewards account.
Next, visit https://sweeps.aarp.org/22q3instantwin/oamoe_entry?game=D86D5F46-1358-11EDA3F7-1FEA08B52061 and follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including your name, full mailing address, and a valid email address. You will automatically
receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for a Hotels.com prize and the results will be instantly
displayed."

I always get an error screen that states "We're Sorry..." and tells you to refresh the page.  If you are like me then you will have to reload the page a few times before a form comes up that needs to be filled in with personal information to enter that instant win game without using points.

I hope this helps.  It is probably explained better elsewhere.

Take care,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much Andrew, I had no idea you could do this. I guess I should read the rules!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

One of the games worked via the free method today.  I try every day, without success.  The Ultra game worked, the other six games did not.

Anybody having trouble with the free method on instant win games?

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@andrewtoo Are you receiving any new error messages? Which Instant Win games are not working for you when you try to use the free entry method?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

What is the free entry method?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

cc: @AARPJanelleM 

Thanks for posting Marylin.

We have played this game a long time and know that something

is amiss and that this problem magically clears up after we groan for

long enough.

I am using a laptop with the Chrome browser and

I have cleared cache and cookies (which is inconvenient

by the way).

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

Having the same problem with the "First Things First" screen when trying for any Instant Win via Free Method.  This is happening on (5) different browsers.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin 🤔

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Edit: I can now get to the "continue" and the "We're Sorry.." page but reloading the page again and again does not yield a form or "WOW..." screen.

I have been unsuccessfully trying to use the free method for instant wins since 8/12/22.   But, today it is worse than before.  It is asking me to sign-in on all instant wins without letting me past the log-in screen on all instant win games.  So, I click "continue" and a login screen comes up but fails every time.  I am logged-in to both AARP account and rewards account. 

I've been trying the first two or three games listed each day.  Yes, cleared cache and cookies.  After hitting "continue" then the "We're Sorry" screen comes up over and over again.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

Free Method for Instant Win Games is not working, again.

Anybody having a problem with it?

Thanks!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@andrewtoo Hey there, let's look into it. On which Instant Win is the free method not working for you? 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Today I'm having this problem. It sends me to the Rewards Discovery page. The tech guys are once again adding another speed bump to keep us from winning. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@al45009948 Which sweeps/instant win are you trying to enter? 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM wrote:

@al45009948 Which sweeps/instant win are you trying to enter? 

Hello janelleM and everyone else 🤗

There was 2 of them 

First AARP Rewards Zappos.com Game ( https://sweeps.aarp.org/22q1instantwin/oamoe_entry?game=C978A3C8-957D-11EC-

B36E-E21609B52061 ) Target e-gift card

The other one I noticed didn't start until March 27th I don't know if it was after 12am the next day. 

I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@al45009948 Thanks for letting me know! The free entry method for the Zappos and Target Instant Win is working properly. Are you able to enter today? If you're still having trouble, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Again I'm having a problem with the free entry. I says Looks like you haven't opt in for the Rewards Program yet. Let's get you signed up. The IG I was trying to enter was for the $10 Cheesecake IW. 

Screenshot_20220413-134746.png

Screenshot_20220413-140314.png

Concerned Member
Community Concierge

@al45009948 Click the "Continue" button on that screen and you should be taken to the form 😊

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ?. It still did the same thing. It keeps asking me to sign in when I'm already signed in. When I tap on where it says sign in , it takes me to my Rewards Page Discovery section and I didn't have to sign in. Cleared my cache file and restarted my phone and restart Rewards and I sign in and try to do the Free Method and it does the same thing. Tried to attach pictures but it won't let me for some reason. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline 

Unable to use Free Method for $10 Walmart e-gift card.  PDF load failure error on (3) different browsers, cleared cookies & cache to no avail. 

I've been getting We're Sorry for more than 1 1/2 years now.  The PDF load error is new.  Why can't I win using the Free Method?

Thanks for having Tech Support to investigate in advance.

@mi4090 

Retired Moderator

We're having the team look into this. @andrewtoo @mi4090 

AARP Community Manager
Social Butterfly

Free Method still not working.  I'm even trying from a different city, on different WIFI and different computer.  😕wow!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Anybody have trouble with the free method?  I started having trouble yesterday.

I was able to enter one of them today: $5 Dunkin' today.  But, nothing else works for me.

I am using a laptop with a Chrome browser.

I keep getting stuck on the "We're Sorry..." page.  Cleared my stuff, restarted my browser, etc.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP